• Thread starter "The Tourist Watcher"
  • Start date

Dominicans #1 AGAIN

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Doug,even I can ski downhill

Doug, a lot of people think Dominicans dont ski. We have people going to Denver and Swiss Alps every weekend. But skiing can be done by anybody. Even I can ski. I never been to Denver or the Alps, but I went Upstate New York to Hunter Mountain and ate up difficult trails like K2 more than 2000ft. up sometimes even with ice, to make it more difficult and I am not an athlete. I could not hit a baseball at 90 miles an hour. I can not catch a line drive hit directly at me at over 100 miles an hour, and even if given the easiest pitch to hit I could not hit a ball over 250 ft. But skiing? Give me a break. There are more skiers in the world than babies born. Even a 15 year old girl can ski as fast as a man.Or cant it? I ski every weekend leaving from Scandinavian Ski Shop on 57th. St.in New York to Hunter Mtn. and I ski with an entire ice slope at the Playboy in New Jersey, and I do not consider myself half of an athlete. Hockey is just ice skating with a stick, punching the next guy so you can take their teeth off, because without a fight, there is no hockey. I like boxing better. Its man to man and you dont hide behind a mask. Gretzky and Orr are history. I dont mention Juan Marichal because he is history. We talk about now. The Russians are the best hockey players. Canada just pays them to play. Your best know athlete Ben Johnson? the runner is black and was kicked out of the olympics for doping.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: In pro sports? Send the list.I send you mine *DC*

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: I would take pesos anytime.Lets see!

Frankly, I would take pesos anytime over dollars. For instance, I can take a million pesos and get myself short time certificates(3 to six months) at the Bolsa de Valores(Check Bolsard.com) from Consorcio Moya or Leasing Popular at 20% interest rate a year and in just three months I will have earned a kool $50,000 pesos delivered directly to my credit card, and thats I believe US$3000. I can buy myself some nice Gucci black leather pants. On the other hand, if you take $US60,000(equilvalent to $1 mil. pesos)you cannot even buy a Jumbo Certificate at a US Bank at a lousy 2.5% a year. Even if you place it in a fixed account at Banco BHD account at the Cayman Islands at 5% you will only get $250 a month($4250 pesos). Compare that to $16,000 pesos a month and you get my idea. You have enough money to cover devaluation, inflation and taking girls out to dinner. Plus, I dont have to work, start a business, wake up at 5am to open the business or deal with employees.no basura.no planta electrica. And better yet, no taxes.

D

Doug

Re: WHO?

you would LOSE AB........about Greztky....he owns a team in Phoienox, played in L.A. and New York and St. Louis.....wake up not all americans are as disinformmed as yourself!

D

Doug

TW you know how stupid you sound? Please answer this. I'm talking professional skiers.....anyone can hit a baseball or catch a pop fly. You seem to be very good or near professional at everything you do!!! The one thing that I think you are very well versed in is Bullshit!

D

Doug

Re: In pro sports? Send the list.I send you mine

TW give it a rest.....D.R. couldnt even come close.....we have boxers, bikers,skiers,hockey players,golfers,basketball,runners, track and field,chess,wrestlers,race car drivers,and too many more to mention .....and all of these in both male and female!!!!!!

S

SCARAMOOCH

Hockey is so easy that I once went to the fights and a hockey game game broke out.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re:The SCARAMOOCH list

Dominicans are #1
Bragging:We inherited that form the Italians

Waiting to leave DR:Just for the weekend.American Airlines most profitable route.

Driving Moto Conchos:Guess what? Tourists like them too!

Sanky Pankys:For the pleasure of American and Canadian women who prefer them black.

Chulos:For tourist women who are tired of their fat 300lbs.gorilla. Bill Clinton is our chulo hero.So its mine.

Small Time drug Dealers:For the pleasure of the gringo fools who put that stuff in their nose in record numbers and pay like gold.

Children out of wedlock:It all started in the USA.

Hanging around brothels:Yes, we like Las Vegas, Times Square, 8th. Avenue, Port Authority NYC,Wells Street, Lake St.

Drinking Beer: We are honored.I though Germans were #1. I take it!

Drinking Rum:Sorry, we like whiskey better.We leave Rum for tourists and Dominicans abroad to bring as cheap gifts.

Driving Crazy:Again, inherited from the Italians. We are proud.Specially on Lincoln and Luperon Avenue.

Conning people: You mean we are smarter?

Being dishonest: Not quite, we just made it to #63 on the list out of 140 nations.We need to work harder to buy more jeepetas.

Playing Dominoes on Street Corners:We picked that up from the homeless people underneath the Triboro Bridge in New York and Black people in Harlem 125th.Street.And Brooklyn. Bad habit but its fun.

Being loud:Thats why we like Black Rap music from the USA.And we love Eminem. Is he Dominican too? We also like Kiss and Megadeth.

Being pretentious:Not more than the Cubans in Miami or the Italians in Brooklyn. Long time ago we learned that from El Bambino Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio,Reggie Jackson. Now we have our own pretentious Sammy Sosa, who points at the sky kicking ass, because only Mark Macgwire can match him season after season. And now, who is the king? Macguire is 0 for 29. And Bonds? Let him hit that many only once. Hes never hit 50 before.

Chasing Women:This definetly we are very proud of. Please nobody take this title away from us.We are #1. I repeat #1.

Lazy:Rather be lazy than slave.We worked according to how you pay.Plus we dont like to pick garbage, do construction work and cut sugar cane. Neither do Americans. They pay Mexicans to do it.

Throwing garbage out the windows:We never did that until 40 years ago, when we started traveling en masse to New York City.

Free Loading:Blame our mothers.They think we are still babies at 40 years of age. An Italian and Spanish tradition.We have it in our blood. Or wasnt Columbus a free loader?

Lambones: Again, a European tradition in our blood.We saw how Mussolini, Franco,Hitler,Marshall Tito,The Czars,The Rainieris,and the British became lambones of the Royal family so we figured, it works. Lambonismo sometimes can gets you somewhere. We even have our our Vatican Nuncio.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: LEAVE SCARAMOOCH ALONE.MY FRIEND *DC*

J

Joachim

Cardinal rule in finance, higher the interest rate, the higher is the risk. How come investors are not flocking to invest in the DR?

I wonder what the default risk is for investments in the DR, I bet you that it is most of the interest rate paid.

D

Doug

That's so old it has Trujillo's shit still on it!

D

Doug

Yes TW idea is so good about interest, all the big shooters....ie Gates, Kennedys, Reichlers, everyone is comeing to the D.R. to invest in Peso's .....cause accorrding to TW it's better!!!! Ever wonder why nobody ever follows your advice?

J

jlo

TW is telling the truth...
You can buy certificate of deposit in the DR
at a bank making over 20% interest that is paid monthly
by way of deposit automatically to a savings account...

Where do you think i get my vacacions money from?
and why do you think that many of us before investing
in a business that you dont't know if is gonna proffit
rather put it in a CD and get 20% plus the interest that
saving pays on that money that is coming in monthly?

Mas vale un pajaro en mano
que cien volando.....when it comes to puting my
money in a bus. peace, jlo

S

Stephen Hadley

Where the risk is

Many people are stating the CD risk is in the banking system of the DR.

If this were true, the Dollar account interest rate would also be abnormally high. You will note that the rates on dollar CDs are far more rational (6%-11% is still high, but not crazy )

The risk is in the devaluation of the peso. When you buy a dollar account over peso account in the DR, you are in effect shorting the DR peso and betting on the exchange rate going out up. If the exchange rate does go bonkers, those 20% interest payments will yield you less dollars after you convert back (got to compare apples to apples)...

example...
CD in USD at 9% will yield about the same number of dollars as a Peso CD at 22% if the exchange goes to 1:20 in the period of one year. You might want to check my figures...

BTW. I am not endorsing or questioning the safety of the DR banking system,

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Defaults not any more than Wall St.Junk Bonds *DC*

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Where the risk is

Steve: The problem is, Dominicans are here and Americans are there. What will 9% interest rate give you to survive in the USA?. Remember, you have to pay taxes on earned income. Inflation in the USA averages about 3% a year. You can survive in DR with $1,000,000 pesos well invested. You will starve with $60,000 dollars in the USA.

What is the risk? So far, in six years that I have been here, I have not seen a bank default. Even less, I have not seen a Certificate from Bolsa de Valores default. How can a 3 to six month certificate default? Unless the investor is a donkey, it is hard to think that people here in DR do not know that some companies issuing certificates are over 100 years in business and to go broke in six months is impossible, specially if you keep your ears in this business. Can Codetel, Corripio,Hache,Reid & Co.,Tricom go broke in three months?

The peso devaluation is predictable in DR. Any person with an IQ of a moose can tell you the peso will be at worst at $18.50 between September and year end. If it doesnt consider yourself lucky and keep working on it. So you plan on it. I am not giving investment advise. Everyone knows what is convenient for them.I was answering a question about dollars vs pesos and I am still way ahead of the game with my strategy.

D

Doug

abe

Like I said abe show me where I have put the Dominicans down? Now on the other hand if you want to see someone that is putting ppl down (not only races, but whole countries as well...)Check out TW post, And then you saying how good he is....