dominicans coming to england

Status
Not open for further replies.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Sorry if I spoiled your meal Hillbilly, but it happens to be true. That's why they don't use the left hand to eat with and it's a big insult to give someone your left hand to shake. Somebody has to stand up for us poor cibaenos...
As a real cotuisano I feel it's my duty to do so...

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
I am not a fool, and my my name is spelt cheryl.

when people post on here they ask for advice on specific areas of DR not their social life in general. I have had some very bad comments from people on here that are basically rude and no help at all to the question asked and now it is been done again to someone else.

She asked how she should go about getting her boyfriend a visa to the UK, not for hillbilies rules on dating a dominican or to be told, "hey guys here's another one"

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Suarezen,

You brougt up a touchy subject. Here is my take on it:
I think toilet paper should only be used in emergencies because
it does not completely disposes the stuff you want to get rid of.
In my house I have a bidet and I use the right hand. You should try
it it feels really good and clean. Ofcourse you have to wash your hands very
thoroughly afterwards.

Regards X

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thank you x_man for the insightful response...

made me laugh :)

The chances of your guy getting a visa to England are basically 99.9% against. That's just the reality and ain't nothing you can do about it.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Note to self...Do not shake X_man's hand...Specially since she probably has long nails...

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Suarezn and x-man: Blech! You are making me SICK with this line of conversation. By far the *nastiest* thing I've ever read here. Nasty! And x-man is a "she" with long nails? But the picture in the media gallery... In addition to being totally grossed out, now I'm confused.

Hillbilly: You mispelled 'dictionary'! Rule #1 of Jane J's guide to correcting people's spelling: Make sure that your own is impeccable. Typos count too!

MissingDR: That dialogue was highly unbelievable and contrived. Don't have us try and believe that 90% of Dominicans are walking, talking Pedro Picapiedras.

On topic: *sigh*. If you had asked me when I was 18 which path my life would take, I would never IN A MILLION YEARS have guessed that I was destined to spend 7 years on an island in the Caribbean. And come away married, with 2 kids. I think I have a nice family and that I've done some fairly cool things so far. No huge complaints, definitely no regrets, but it wasn't always exactly a walk in the park either...

In any case, people are going to do what they're going to do, so why put all these horrible seeds in their heads and F with their life's path? (Do I sound weird and New Age? Cuz I'm not...)

Edited for spelling mistake!

Last edited:

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Joanne,CHERYL.W,Meredith,et al

Don't let these local DR1 goons try to tell you how to live your lives. Some of these fellas try to pass themselves as wise and intelligent....but, beware..... they like to prey on young women like yourselves.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Confused...

Jane J.: Actually I'm confused...I'm pretty sure there was a thread here where superchopo (aka Golo) was defending X_man (Who said she was SarahIrene19) and saying how she was a very nice girl...thus my comment about the long nails. If x_man is actually a guy then...my comment still stand. Note to self...do not shake x_man's hand whether he/she has long nails or not...

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Note to Jane J.

Low blow, that was a typo and you know it!! When I do that "correction" thing, I do try and make sure my own post is pretty clean.....Good catch..

You know, I am sorry to say these things to these nice people, but I think that there is something inherently silly about coming across the sea to find the "love of your life" It just doesn't play.

So when these questions are asked in the future, I will try and be gentler....

You can see that even the wisdom of Rob has dashed the dreams of the fair Cheryl....you see, reality is reality.

HB

P.S. To mondongo: Wise and intelligent.? Mebbe. I just calls it like I sees it.....

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Yeah, HB, going across the ocean specifically to find the love of your life is kinda foolish, but what if it happens along the way on an unrelated jaunt across the sea when you least expect it?

Shoot, then what do you do?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey! I just found this Folktale!!

Once upon a time, in a land far away,
a beautiful, independent, self assured
princess PIB happened upon a frog as she
sat, contemplating ecological issues
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
in a verdant meadow near her castle.
The frog hopped into the princess'
lap and said: Elegant Lady, I was
once a handsome sanky, until an
evil witch cast a spell upon me.
One kiss from you, however, and I
will turn back into the dapper, young
sanky that I am and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up
housekeeping in your castle with my mother, where you can prepare my
meals, clean my clothes, bear my children, and forever feel grateful
and happy doing so.
That night, as the princess dined
sumptuously on a repast of lightly
sauteed frog legs seasoned in a
white wine and onion cream sauce,
she chuckled to herself and
thought...

I don't think so.

My heroine!!!

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
SuarezN, why so hard on Missing_Dr?
Whats the matter man you seem very offended....did missing_Dr describe you to the bone? I can just imagine you in your home town of cotui talking and gulping down presidente while wristling at passing by putas and telling your success tales (in big nueva yol) to a bunch of your low life chopo losers.
Did you know I actually met 4 girls from cotui in my 4 years of stay in Dr and all 4 were professional playa dorada putas looking for gringos. So you have it made there man.
Seems like the only pakistanis and indians that you have met in USA are from 7/11 and cab drivers. You wouldn't dare come close to the real professional pakistanis and indians anywhere; they want nothing to do with you loud mouth chopos from campos.
Besides, you have never even been to that part of the world so keep your ignorance to yourself and only stick to your campo choperia. I live in your country and defend it when called for; its best you don't get me started on people like you (campesinos).
You have no idea what Missing_Dr is all about. He can make a fool out of you without you even knowing it. He is far more capable and connected in your own country than you can ever be.... so much for pakistanis and indians measured to thre level of haitains. You are funny, I bet I am more connected in DR than your whole family can come up with; as a matter of fact, i will be vacationing next weekend in la romana resort with a very high official from your government.... he may be a candadate for 2004 presidential elections.
We pakistanis and indians start off with zero money in any country we migrate to and by the time our kids reach the age of 15 years, we are already in the upper middle to upper class of the society. Now compare that to your own people.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Jane J....

Good catch on the spelling mistake! Hee, hee, that is kind of funny and a coincidence. I was the one being offended and I never caught it! Good eyes!

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Visiting England

Your chances of getting your boyfriend a visa to England are about 99.999% against you. Do no waste your time, listen to the others who have posted the same response as myself, they speak from past experience.

Foreign consulates take a dim view of visa applicants who are boyfriend and girlfried. They think that you are just trying to circumvent the immigration process, which is probably what he is trying to do. In Canada 85% of the Dominicans who get visitors visas end up staying past their visa dates. Right, they are just visiting, and want to know your country?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Bring it on...

AZB: Apparently I got to you. I hope I got to your buddy missing_dr too. Hit them where it hurts...Now you see how people feel when their bunch are stereotyped like your buddy missing_dr did with us cibaenos? Give you some of your own medicine. Actually I have a lot of Indian friends and a couple of pakistanis. One of the smartest people I've ever met was a paki...and both my mentor and my advisor at the firm I work for are from India. I have a lot of respect for these people...The difference between them and missing_dr is that they've never attacked me for being from here or there...Thus I don't attack them. I don't know either of you guys...and you may actually turn out to be nice people, but from what I've seen so far you like to stereotype people too much...AND what really ticks me off is that people like you should know better than to talk bad about my country, because your countries have X times more beggars, X times more illiterates, X times more disease, X times lower per capita, X times more chopos, etc...than the DR. The DR is a paradise compared to where you come from...
Can you believe this guy Missing_dr? He says he "had the misfortune of dealing with a person from Cibao", as if somehow he's better than this guy, just because the guy is from Cibao...
As for making something out of nothing...Dominicans are as good or better than anybody at that...People like Mondongo and me are absolute proof of that.
So I suggest that you and Missing_dr stop attacking the people that have given you their hospitality and go take a bath for a change...
Cotuisano de pura cepa...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
SurazN
Between Missing_Dr and myself, we take more showers in a day than than the number of hours many dominicans have water in their area.
Ok, I understand your point. I see how it can hurt to stereotype people but I failed to see you respond to TW (the first person to cast the first stone). Why is it, you dominicans are the only ones to reserve the right to criticize each other and we can't have a say in it?
Missing_DR's posts are are in good fun he never means any harm or disrespect to anyone in DR (however, i can see how one can be offended). Missing_Dr and myself have chosen to stay in this country rather than return to our homeland. We both can easily live in any European or another latin country and still prosper but we chose to stay here. When we poke at dominicans we do it as though they are also our people. I always defend this island when criticized by others, especially against the crying, complaining gringos. I have more dominican friends than foreigners. In fact, i enjoy more with dominicans than with any other nationalities (even in USA). So when you see me make fun of the dominicans, its not because I feel I am better than them, its only that I feel like a part of this society now and want my say in it.
have a nice day.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Re: Hey! I just found this Folktale!!

[B]Hillbilly[/B] said:
Once upon a time, in a land far away,
a beautiful, independent, self assured
princess PIB ... dined sumptuously
on a repast of lightly sauteed frog legs
After years of frog-kissing I must say that it is best to make dinner with the frog :D

I rarely ever comment on this type of threads, but in the spirit of keeping with the OP I must say this: stereotypes are nothing but lies based on the truth. We have become numb after so many silly stories of Shakesperean love found in the AI's. Well, some of you did find it, good for you, but keep in mind that you are the exception. If true love were so easy to find in the AI's I wouldn't be single, I guess. I'd rather have sauteed frog legs :rolleyes:

Girl, the truth has been spoken, your guy's chances are slim, to say the least. Wanna prove us wrong? Go ahead and then post the results.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
AZB:
I'm glad you see my point.

Actually...if you look in the archives you will find that superchopo and myself have had heated discussions about this in the past. Do you remember the "My car is better than your car thread"? That's how it got started. So, I'm an equal opportunity critic of those that want to belittle us, cibaenos and chopos. My posts are also in good fun. Even though it may look it, I'm not being personal. I don't hold a grudge against anybody and I would share a beer with anybody in this forum anytime...
You know, it's kind of like family. I can fight with my brother, call him names, etc...but if anybody else does it then we have a problem.
I hope you continue to enjoy our beautiful country and all it has to offer, as I'm sure you are...and just chill and lay off the cibaeno put downs...

Status
Not open for further replies.