Dominicans in North Carolina

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Glad to know you are ok.

I have good friends in Durham, who are fine, too, but Raleigh seems to have been hit harder than Durham.

My sister in Asheville says they got only rain, but just 20 miles away the wind was very strong enough to do damage even though no tornado.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Wow, I am in RALEIGH and did not know about the damage until I saw the news. We never list power, had rain and string winds but I didn't even know ay the time that it was a tornado.
I am glad you guys are ok

SHALENA

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Wow, I am in RALEIGH and did not know about the damage until I saw the news. We never list power, had rain and string winds but I didn't even know ay the time that it was a tornado.
I am glad you guys are ok

SHALENA

Doesn't Raleigh have some sort of warning system to let people know they should take shelter. CNN was reporting that tornadoes were likely in Raleigh and that people should take cover. Assume all the local stations were doing the same. Surprised there is no means of warning those who don't happen to be listening to radio or watching TV.

It is not as though the tornado that did so much damage in Raleigh dropped out of the sky without warning.

I hope the other Dominican families in Raleigh are ok, too.

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
I live in Western NC, and lightening struck a giant tree directly across from my apartment. The sky lit up, and the burnt tree fell and lodged itself in the wall of the neighbor's apartment. The noise was just horrible. Can't imagine a tornado.

This was Friday. The dang tree is still lodged in the wall. :)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Doesn't Raleigh have some sort of warning system to let people know they should take shelter. CNN was reporting that tornadoes were likely in Raleigh and that people should take cover. Assume all the local stations were doing the same. Surprised there is no means of warning those who don't happen to be listening to radio or watching TV.

It is not as though the tornado that did so much damage in Raleigh dropped out of the sky without warning.

I hope the other Dominican families in Raleigh are ok, too.

I rarely watch the news and only listen to the radio in the car. I honestly didn't know that there was a tornado until I went to work the next day. I am very lucky, not one thing was misplaced in my neighborhood, my trashcan outside was even still in the same place, but I am now seeing pictures and hearing stories. I feel so bad for the ones who lost loved ones or lost property.

SHALENA

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Watch this video
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4BHTrExuW4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The happy girl; my ex-neighbor Lisa just moved away from this house three weeks ago.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Yes Ben, we are very lucky as the tornado passed less than 50 meters from my house.
Construction companies are over booked this week in Raleigh specially the roofers, we had to call many contractors in order to have our roof rebuilt, I hope they get fix it before the rain start as we will have another storm late afternoon today...

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WOW!!! That was close!! Roc?o looks great and Chrystal is so beautiful, you need to made a video of her!!!

Be well and keep these videos coming to DR1...

HB

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Look what people is doing; covering the houses with plastic to protect their home from the rain before the insurance companies pay for the damages.
A roofing company was charging me $ 400. to do that and $ 1,250. to rebuild it.
I said go ahead take pictures of all the damages and get the jab done!
GEDC1074.jpg

GEDC1075.jpg

GEDC1079.jpg

I am smart!!!

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I never heard of earthquake here in North Carolina, I just feel a strong one now here in my house in Raleigh. My step daughter who was in second floor came down running like crazy...

let me tune the radio to see what is going on.

JJ

I

indiesita

Anybody living in Wilmington? New to the area from NY and would really like some friends here.