DR-Debate or is there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Pib said:
No, I said in all seriousness. I still think that your problem is that you find questionable that others disagree with you. In which case I can't help you. Of course unlike you I don't mind hearing the dissenting voices and I don't want any poster to stop posting or threads deleted merely because I disagree with them or because "I don't like" them. You know, "sticks and stones..." and all that.

Where did I say I don't like hearing dissenting voices? I'm the spokesperson of dissenting voices and welcome them at all turns I don't know how you even came to that assumption. And where did I say or even allude to the fact that I have a problem with someone disagreeing with me? That's what gets me going and gets me all excited.

My only problem, and I've stated loud and clear are the politics on this board. Why a certain group of posters can say whatever they want yet, I'm the one that's censored. (You can scroll up to see proof of that).

I never said I didn't like the forum, I never said I don't like dissenting voices, I never said I don't like others to disagree with me. I never even alluded to these things. Please don't put words in my mouth to validate your assumptions.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Larry said:
I applaud your efforts in trying to get a firm understanding about why some debates and threads on this forum get locked when others don't---but talk about a waste of keystrokes
say it with me P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S
-ClippedWing

Does this qualify? Copied and pasted from the second page of this thread. Nice to have you posting again CW. You add a certain something to my day that I cannot describe.
Larry ( Smooches)

Wow did I say that? I really know how to string some words together don't I? Didn't realize how good I was. Thanks for reminding me.

But don't get too used to me posting. I'm just here for a spell gracing you simpletons with my presence.

Smooches... Clip.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
ClippedWing said:
I never said I didn't like the forum, I never said I don't like dissenting voices, I never said I don't like others to disagree with me. I never even alluded to these things. Please don't put words in my mouth to validate your assumptions.
You have to pay attention to what others have to say.

From my post: "I still think that your problem is that you find questionable that others disagree with you".

How did I put words in your mouth. I said "I think", which means, that this was my conclusion, based on the evidence presented above (you don't like Criss, so don't want him to post here, I agree with some posters in this instance so I must be a "bobblehead".).

Pls. pay more attention to what I post lest you accuse me of saying something I didn't.

BTW, that's how debating works. The fact that Larry changed his mind means that he is open-minded. Only the Pope or a complete moron can be static in their beliefs.

BTW, I am enjoying this. It's like shooting wooden ducks. Besides the other forum I frequent is down right now. Bummer!

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Whine, whine. Whine!

ClippedWing said:
My only problem, and I've stated loud and clear are the politics on this board. Why a certain group of posters can say whatever they want yet, I'm the one that's censored. (You can scroll up to see proof of that).
If I didn't know better I'd think you were a blonde. Since you seem to read posts only selectively it's possible that this teeeeeny little fact escaped that steel trap* mind of yours.

You weren't the only one whose posts Pib deleted!

She deleted, rightly, some of mine, and even one of Robert's for crying out loud. And the only person crying about it is you. Surprise, surprise! Just what everyone here has been trying to tell you. You enjoy playing victim, and get annoyed when no one else buys it.

Besos! Tom aka XR

*That's been left out in the rain to rust solid - in the closed position.

Come on Xan, my man, thats the first ever and I mean ever have I seen Robert get deleted. A matter fact the first moderators to be deleted that I've witness and all in one thread.

Robert is probably cussing Pib out about now. :knockedou

Then we see Xan yell "see we get deleted toooo" how patronizing.

But I guess its a start.

keep up the good work Pib. :knockedou

i Love it......hahahaha

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
sancochojoe said:
Come on Xan, my man, thats the first ever and I mean ever have I seen Robert get deleted. A matter fact the first moderators to be deleted that I've witness and all in one thread.

Robert is probably cussing Pib out about now. :knockedou

Then we see Xan yell "see we get deleted toooo" how patronizing.

But I guess its a start.

keep up the good work Pib. :knockedou

i Love it......hahahaha
Dear, can I use your fingers to count the times I have deleted XR's and Rob's posts and the times I've closed their threads? Information is a great thing.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Still More Evidence ...

... that you're simply not paying attention. Some folks just see what they want to see, shut the rest out, and to keep themselves secure yell "Liar!" at anyone who challenges their world view. How insecure!

I have had my arguments with Robert, and he's my friend. He's deleted LOTS of my posts. Ask CC, him, too. Even in my little corner of the world, where people are generally civil unlike out here in Pib's Wild Wild West, I have deleted posts by other moderators.

So to make remarks like "It's a start" shows that you are either not reading what's going on, are in denialto CYA, or just fell of the DR1 turnip truck, exactly as Pib said. She nailed it. But once again, you're not listening.

Besos! Tom aka XR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
... I have had my arguments with Robert, and he's my friend. He's deleted LOTS of my posts. Ask CC, him, too. Even in my little corner of the world, where people are generally civil unlike out here in Pib's Wild Wild West, I have deleted posts by other moderators..[/b]

Besos! Tom aka XR

Even I have deleted his posts but he still lubs me! Right Tom? :cheeky:

Sweet heart Pib,

I kind of figured I would get this response, especially from Xan, thats
why if you read verrrrry carefully I had put "THAT I WITNESSED".
I think there is a bit of selective reading going on. What do you guys think.

heheheheheh

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Thank you.

sancochojoe said:
I kind of figured I would get this response, especially from Xan, thats why if you read verrrrry carefully I had put "THAT I WITNESSED". I think there is a bit of selective reading going on. What do you guys think. heheheheheh
Of course I saw that. What do I think? I think I am tired of this silly little game of word parsing. What's your definition of what the word "is" is? How sad that you have to hide behind words instead of using them to convey what you think. And I really mean that. That's sad!

Your last post confirmed everything Pib wrote. That you selectively read threads that reinforce your opinions and ignore any pesky little facts that get in your way. But we already knew that, and by your last post, you show that you know it, too.

Debate ended.

Tom aka XR

P.S.
Anna! I will tell you the same thing I tell my Alba when she asks if I still love her. I say "Most of the time!"

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Larry! You bobblehead, you!

Larry said:
*Yawn*! Amazing that this thread is still going.
Shhhhhh! I think the Goddess is trying to be sensitive to the needs of Ol' Joe Stew and BirdThatCantFly. You wouldn't want them to know that there really is an organized, dues paying, DR1 Clique that's out to silence them, would you? Mum's the word! By the way, I'll see you at next month's clique meeting at Eddy's. Don't forget your Buffalo hat! Robert won'tlet you in without both it and the current month's secret handshake! :: wink wink ::

Tom aka XR

Xan, my buddy my pal. Thats what a debate is all about. Gathering information from other sources, or in your words, other threads to justify your view point. Thats what you are suppose to do when your solidifying an opinion, view point, or in this instance a debate. We all do that. Thats what a debate is all about. I expect you to bring resources, refererences and legitimate view points to the table when debating.

Unfortunately using your "friends" on DR does not validate your arugment one bit, at least to me it doesn't. Even if I agree with Clipwing on something, I still gather outside resources to solidify my view. I don't sit up there and say...."see Clipwing said it to" and that automatically justifies and legitimizes the argument. NO. Naturally debating with you guys, I have to use valid references, because just my opinion alone you guys don't respect and I dont respect yours alone. And just because CC, Robert, Pib and Anna agree with each other definately does not qualify to argument. You would have to validate your argument with more firepower than that.

I like debate. I like research and I like to hear opposite opinions. If you have an opinion with an attempt to change my view point. I'm going to look it up and research it. I do that on a regular basis. Thats why I got my masters degree, simply to stay on my toes. So blanket opinions won't phase me, and I expect descenting opinions when I'm debating. It does not bother me one bit, and I rarely get angry about it. I debate with people on about 7 different discussion sites. There is no love lost here.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Sorry.

The discussion is really over.You proved everyone's point here with your own words. And here again from you is just more obfuscation. Of course it's appropriate to find information to buttress your position. The problem here has been that when evidence is presented that contradicts, that literally makes impossible the position that has been taken, it is ignored. I can cite examples from our previous discussions, and have already in this thread. As to saying that my position is correct solely because so-and-so said so, I challenge you to find anywhere that I have done that in 2,000 plus posts.I am a scientist. If something doesn't fit your theory, the theory is wrong. Period. You need to learn that the same standard applies in debating as well.

That's it. I'm done with this. Anyone reading this thread, saved for posterity, will clearly see your tactics for what they are. It'll make a great refernce link for me to use the next time someone whines about no one listening to them.

'Night all!

Besos! Tom aka XR

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
sancochojoe said:
Xan, likewise,
and I'll take your criticism as a compliment

I don't know why you just don't ignore XR. Rest assured, even if you do ignore him,(like I've been doing all day) He'll still post to you(Like he's been doing to me all day). I refuse to read any of his posts when he's in "short man complex" mode and waste my precious brain cells on his nonsense.

I'm being serious. Ignore him and watch how much he tries to get your attention...LOL It's like working a puppet on a string. Too easy.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Right on dude!!

sancochojoe said:
Well Pib, if you are a lawyer, you use the term argument. So it depends on your angle of the term. I interchange the words debate and arugment, it depends on the audience. The audience here obviously idendentify argument with a shouting match. When I use the term elsewhere, the term is understood. So it depends on the maturity of the audience.
When you watch CNN and there are debates between political parties, they are debating but screaming their heads off to make a point. Again it depends on the audience.
Very true, sancochojoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.