DR reopens airports, authorizes commercial aviation

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
IDAC-logo.png

On 28 June 2020, the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation (IDAC) issued the Notam authorizing the reopening of airports and commercial aviation in the Dominican Republic. AIC No. 04/20 regarding the protocol to reactivate air services in the Dominican Republic can be downloaded from the following link:

https://aip.idac.gob.do/datos/AIC_seriea/aic_a_4-20.pdf

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Pent up demand from who? For the people who have ties to the island i can see that. But for the average tourist...nah! Hell the beaches aren't even open.
True ties to the DR is the right way of phrasing it. It will be citizens, legal residents, property owners and other snowbirds/long term stayers. Some adventurous tourists maybe.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Pent up demand from who? For the people who have ties to the island i can see that. But for the average tourist...nah! Hell the beaches aren't even open.
Agreed The beaches being open will be a big driver, a real shame they are closed, it's not like people are elbow to elbow.

Reactions: Andre14615

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
There will be pent up demand but not "a ton".I see that Delta has pulled out of the D.R. completely so the folks that used to use Delta will now be divided between the remaining carriers. I have been checking the loads on United and jetBlue between the northeast and Santo Domingo. They will both be offering several daily flights and by the middle of July it looks like their load factors will be running around 50%.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
There will be pent up demand but not "a ton".I see that Delta has pulled out of the D.R. completely so the folks that used to use Delta will now be divided between the remaining carriers. I have been checking the loads on United and jetBlue between the northeast and Santo Domingo. They will both be offering several daily flights and by the middle of July it looks like their load factors will be running around 50%.
Someone here said that they're booked on Delta for the 1st of July. However my flight was cancelled and a worker told me theyre not flying there until August. Who knows