Drinks with Talldrink in SD this week

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
Why does it have to be a bar all the time? why can't you all meet in a church like good christains?
AZY BAZY, read the headline!
or do moslems drink in the moschee??

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
We'll be there, they do a great Mofongo, the entrees are a little pricey, though. Naufrago+Naufraga

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Adrian Tropical (Malecon) will prepare a table for us inside, but if there is space outside when we arrive we can ask to be moved out there. They don't take reservations for the deck area, unfortunately. Let's also hope the rain gods are on our side, and if not, we'll have a space inside anyway. :)

Eleven people said they'd be there, so to allow for the inevitable no-shows and unscheduled appearances, I've reserved a table for twelve: 7:30/8:00, in the name of DR1.

Talldrink
Pib
Bok
Robert
Juanita
Irene
Jan
Naufrago
Naufraga
Mirador
Chiri

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

See you later!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Chirimoya said:
Talldrink
Pib
Bok
Robert
Juanita
Irene
Jan
Naufrago
Naufraga
Mirador
Chiri

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

See you later!
7 girls and 3 guys? Not sure if mirador is a man or a woman. 2 guys are already married so I guess robert will have his hands full. Do you all need more man power?
with only 25 posts (this one included) and you folks already have a date, time, and already more interesting folks that a 500 post NYC reunion. Hahahahaha. You NYC folks should learn something from them.
AZB

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
AZB said:
7 girls and 3 guys? Not sure if mirador is a man or a woman. 2 guys are already married so I guess robert will have his hands full. Do you all need more man power?
with only 25 posts (this one included) and you folks already have a date, time, and already more interesting folks that a 500 post NYC reunion. Hahahahaha. You NYC folks should learn something from them.
AZB

Will you be our "man power"? :nervous:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
juanita said:
Will you be our "man power"? :nervous:
I would have come if DMS (dave) was going to come, because he would have been my ride. It so happens, he could only come on thrusday so I guess I am left rideless. I work till 6pm so it makes no sense to drive all the way to SD and risk blowing up a tire, if not ruining up the whole suspension, hitting a pot hole on high speed. I have to work tomorrow morning. So I will pass. Lets just work on the santiago indian cookfest, only if he damn rains stop.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Shame. I was going to ask you if you had any lime pickle to spare. ;)

And we could have done some planning for the Indian cooking event, over our plates of 'bland Dominican food'.

Hang on a minute, did I see you say 'delicious Dominican cooking' in that other thread? ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Garlic breath...here I come!!

For the newbies, Mofongo is made with mashed plantain, pork skin "chicharon" and lots and lots of garlic! mmmmmmm... ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We've had a few late additions to the list, so it might end up being a quite a crowd.

:cool:

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Sorry we couldn't make it after all. One of those days, highlighted with the car refusing to start after gassing up at the Esso at Sarasota and Churchill. Next time, was really looking forward to meeting more of the Dr1 gang :cry:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
So sorry you two couldn't make it, Naufrago.

Where was Jan?

We had a great turn out: apart from those on the list we had last-minute appearances by andrea2k, 2dlight, Jezebel and a near miss with tiguerita who stopped by to say hello, having sat at another table for most of the evening! Several posters brought friends as well.

I enjoyed myself, hope everyone else did too. Wish I'd managed to speak to more people for more time though. Next time, perhaps?

AZB, - it was a pleasure talking to you but pity we got cut off. One of us should start a thread about the proposed Santiago Indian evening.

Robert - what about that 'mod for a day' idea? :laugh:

Talldrink took photos.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Siempre problemos

Two problems why I didn't come. First had the gripe and second didn't have money. I didn't get out for a few days to sell some jewery cause I was feeling down so ran out of money.
I was thinking about you all there if that means anything.

But a good thing happened this day..I finally got my water hooked up. Only been almost 2 years without running water. Feels good to take a real shower again and to turn on the llave and have water pour out. Life is good!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I had been planning a trip this week to the DR and would have liked to have come to the dinner had I been there but instead, I am on a cruise ship. Tomorrow, I will be in San Juan and will wave to all my DR1 buddies across the sea.

Talldrink, drop me a line when you get back to NJ.

Larry

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Jan said:
Two problems why I didn't come. First had the gripe and second didn't have money. I didn't get out for a few days to sell some jewery cause I was feeling down so ran out of money.
I was thinking about you all there if that means anything.

But a good thing happened this day..I finally got my water hooked up. Only been almost 2 years without running water. Feels good to take a real shower again and to turn on the llave and have water pour out. Life is good!

Geez Jan, no running water for 2 years??? No money; not even to go to Santo Domingo?

I realize that your post was intended for the "talldrinkers", but this is a public forum, so...

And I could not help jumping when I read your post! Geez! Well, I will not comment too much... but I thought you wrote in some other post that you enjoyed life in DR? Without water and money? Huh!? My mind is spinning!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
The group just keeps growing!!

Great gathering!! ;)

Many new faces and revelations: all this time I thought Mirador was a lady, but turned out to be another great guy! We already planned the next DR1 reunion, a BBQ at my place on the 29th, so write it down in your agendas people!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
juanita said:
Great gathering!! ;)

Many new faces and revelations: all this time I thought Mirador was a lady, but turned out to be another great guy! We already planned the next DR1 reunion, a BBQ at my place on the 29th, so write it down in your agendas people!!
Ok Juanita, lets start a new thread on the BBQ. Since its on saturday, I will come and so will escott, dawnwil and marc, robert and lets try to drag Hillbilly out of the woods.
Lets make a new thread. I will bring spiced meat.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Are you trying to hijack it into the Indian cooking event? As long as juanita's OK with it - let it be so.

I can bring on on the brinjal aloo, or sag paneer, but I'm desperate for some lime pickle. ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Are you trying to hijack it into the Indian cooking event? As long as juanita's OK with it - let it be so.

I can bring on on the brinjal aloo, or sag paneer, but I'm desperate for some lime pickle. ;)

We can make it an international BBQ, Spiced meat, falafel and BBQ chicken wings.... ;)