Dutch Fugitive Targeted In Las Terrenas Assassination Attempt

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I am well aware of the price of a Rolex submariner date both new and used slim! I know of no grown man who will wear a "fake Rolex" maybe you do.

It's obvious you don't know the prices of Rolex watches by stating the cost of a Rolex Submariner is $5000.

Unless it's been stolen, of course

- nice try, but I don't own any of those. I enjoy wearing my Sinn and Seiko watches

L.A. Rolex owners wearing fakes

Last edited:
Reactions: ben jammin

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I don't have a Rolex, but I inherited my dad's Omega, and I wear my Raymond Weil everyday in the DR. It's stainless steel so not a target for thieves. I rarely wear the Omega. I dress like I don't have any money.
Omega is probably a better watch than a Rolex, however I only own Rolex watches and 1 G Shock for exercising.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It's obvious you don't know the prices of Rolex watches by stating the cost of a Rolex Submariner is $5000.

Unless it's been stolen, of course

- nice try, but I don't own any of those. I enjoy wearing my Sinn and Seiko watches

L.A. Rolex owners wearing fakes
congratulations on wearing a 30 dollar watch. Aristotle Onassis said you can tell a lot about a man by how he dresses and his choice in timepieces. Do you own a Mickey Mouse watch as well?

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
congratulations on wearing a 30 dollar watch. Aristotle Onassis said you can tell a lot about a man by how he dresses and his choice in timepieces. Do you own a Mickey Mouse watch as well?
Years ago my older brother ran a "gentleman's club" in FL. I used to always tell the girls working there, a guy with money may dress like a bum but he will usually have on a nice watch and a nice pair of leather dress shoes.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Years ago my older brother ran a "gentleman's club" in FL. I used to always tell the girls working there, a guy with money may dress like a bum but he will usually have on a nice watch and a nice pair of leather dress shoes.
ha ha ditto, I tell the ladies here the same thing. Gentleman with big coin drive very modest vehicles. Shoes, subtle fine watches and real estate.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Why are we talking about watches ?

Anyhow, Rolex is hardly a top-end-mega-rich brand. It was, but stopped being top-notch a decade or 2 ago. There was even talk of not letting them have a stand at the SIHH anymore. Not many complications on a Rolex ( except maybe a model or 2 ).

Rolex has joined Lacoste, Blueberry and co in the " thug brands ", either low end criminals that don't know what to do with their dirty money or boomers wear them nowadays.
Even Dominicans know that, take a look at what the bling-bling crowds are wearing : false Zeniths, Lecoultres, etc .... that have far too many visible complications.

Reactions: Auryn and Tarheel

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
5BE7CA7E-D429-4DBF-A65C-06B83A7FF1F9.jpeg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sounds like A HIT
Agreed.
There is a drugs war going in his home country and I'm wondering if he's somehow involved with it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Agreed.
There is a drugs war going in his home country and I'm wondering if he's somehow involved with it.
that's hard time in the Netherlands, they seldom dole out such long sentences.

Reactions: CristoRey