Dutch Fugitive Targeted In Las Terrenas Assassination Attempt

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
congratulations on wearing a 30 dollar watch. Aristotle Onassis said you can tell a lot about a man by how he dresses and his choice in timepieces. Do you own a Mickey Mouse watch as well?
Sorry, slim! My 2 Grand Seiko's are way over your budget

Sadly, you are showing your age. The last time you could buy a new Rolex Submariner for $5K or a new $30.00 Seiko was probably 50 years ago. Perhaps you should stick to a topic you're familiar with. It's embarrassing :ROFLMAO:

In any case, it's strange that the assassination attempt of this Dutchman in Las Terrenas wasn't published anywhere else. By chance, I've run into some shady characters in town, but nothing like this. Not sure why LT is a magnet for these types of individuals. As the other forum member mentioned, he must have pissed somebody else off bad.

How on earth did he get those bootleg passports? Esp with the new tech involved with design and printing? Bizarre

• Haha
Reactions: It wasn't me

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sorry, slim! My 2 Grand Seiko's are way over your budget

Sadly, you are showing your age. The last time you could buy a new Rolex Submariner for $5K or a new $30.00 Seiko was probably 50 years ago. Perhaps you should stick to a topic you're familiar with. It's embarrassing :ROFLMAO:

In any case, it's strange that the assassination attempt of this Dutchman in Las Terrenas wasn't published anywhere else. By chance, I've run into some shady characters in town, but nothing like this. Not sure why LT is a magnet for these types of individuals. As the other forum member mentioned, he must have pissed somebody else off bad.

How on earth did he get those bootleg passports? Esp with the new tech involved with design and printing? Bizarre
The Dominican Republic is a sunny place for shady people.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Their attitude towards violent crime is changing.
Yeah it's no longer even requiring bail for criminals in the US.
But nothing could be as bad as letting convicted butcher Geraldine out of prison in DR to visit family.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This is ridiculous. Every thread starts out on topic and the same posters start grandstanding over who is smarter, or in this case, has the better watch. Common guys, stay on topic. Your silly bickering back and forth is getting so so so old.
Agreed, next watch/off topic post gets a free vacation. Thread cleaned up.

Reactions: AlaPlaya and Jan

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My 2nd wife, long deceased, worked for Raytheon and did the assembly drawing for the stinger missile as one of her tasks. Her father was the owner of three large tea plantations in Sri Lanka with one being where Elephant Walk had some scenes. She had no desire to purchase high end clothing, but could design and make it herself. I was a design engineer on many projects including the lead on the electronics for an M1A2 Abrams tank autoloader to replace the short guy feeding in the rounds. I then went into technical sales and sold to all of the military companies from coast to coast and in several allied foreign countries as was as JPL, NASA and the NSA. I have no desire for any high end stuff. I never had that desire. When I wear a watch it is an Armitron or other plastic cased water resistant electronic watch since I prefer accuracy. I only recently, about a year ago got a smart phone since it was gifted to me and Vonage no longer worked well in the DR. Until then I had no cell phone while in the DR and never have purchased one for my use anywhere. To each his own indeed.

I know personally of people that were targeted since their clothing was noted as high end. They were robbed and quickly left the DR.

I was once in a band called Tattoo . I wonder what will happen to the Tattoo Killer.
more information on this tattoo killer. https://nltimes.nl/2020/01/23/run-suspect-tattoo-killer-case-slices-ankle-monitor

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
I almost bought a Rolex years ago but I use my Apple Watch 7 now to make phone calls, send texts, talk to Siri, monitor heart rates/workouts, check the weather forecast and (yes) the time--It will even call my emergency contact with my location if l fall and don't respond. Can you do that with a Rolex??? Some are living in the past.