dv8, please help

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
And now, you give information credit to a newspaper article (which BTW is more than 6 years old)?????
(I hope, you understood, that the article reports that the Quirino family was given back confiscated property worth 200 million RD$...)
So, some news you like, whereas others you do not believe.
How do you make such choices?

I am amazed at your blithe disregard of proofs laid out before your eyes concerning LF's integrity.

I guess, you'd even buy a used car from LF.... :tired:
{Yes, I know the answer to that.}

donP

what you mean with that crapshot of a statement?
the article from DV from around 6 years ago lists some stuff which belonged to that family, that listing shows that this family was not some poor Walmart Shoppers but a well off family. and that was DV's straight answer to the specific question i asked.
the only credibility that went downhill from my side is the one about your postings.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm actually finding myself liking leonel in all this. he's smart, bold and shameless. all he needs is a secret military base in a volcano, moat full of piranhas and a white persian with diamond collar. and he's fun to listen to. i think he would be great in a game of new politically correct terms, like calling a fatso horizontally challenged.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hahaha, right on, DV.
and right, i do not like or dislike any of those politicians more or less than an other, i simply dislike them alltogether equally, because they are in my eyes all lying gangsters, here in the DR the same as elsewhere. is the DR corrupt in my eyes, of course they are, all together, but not more or less than in other involved countries. just here in the tropics they make less fuss about to try to hide it.
but to accuse someone you need to bring up something substantial, not just the speech of a convicted narco.
the Paulino gang been operation since a longer while, so i would guess(i do not know any fact) he and his teammembers donated to more than just one governmental period/presi campaign, and donations to a presi campaign every 4 years anyways would not be enough to be even on the bill for 4 years, in such businesses the payments come continuously, as all involved know that those payments may end abruptly one sunny day.
i just is a shame that the long trials and then the jailtime cost the taxpayer so much money, a death penalty to be finished within a few weeks would be a better solution for those multimillionaires bringing so much pain and dead to the human society.
and due he deal the americans let the puzzie out after just 10 years to become a TV star, shame on every system that allows such.

Mike

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
anyone who believes that Leonel was not suspicious of where Quirino got his money from does not have a clue about life and society in the caribbean. anybody with the type of money he had, wherein he could have handed over 200 milllion to Leonel, is a well known person. to be able to part with that amount of money, plus more which he gave for the planta at FUNGLODE, would make him something like a peso billionaire. there are only two ways that i can think of that make people rich in the caribbean. one is to be from an old family of money. you have a name, and you look a certain way, and the mention of your name says it all. the second way is to be a major league businessman, and, again, the mere mention of your name tells people everything. there are no multimillionaires in the caribbean of mysterious identity. anyone from humble beginnings who has his kind of money has some splainin to do. when i lived in a small town in Jamaica, everyone knew the lineage of the people with money. they knew their parents, and their history. we all knew that the guys named Smith and Brown, whose family nobody had ever heard of, yet they were driving an E Type Jaguar, had a story behind the way they got their money, since we know that none of them had sold some obscure dotcom startup.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
diario libre says today that quirino already has a new cedula with "comerciante" as occupation.
Quirino obtuvo nueva c?dula en la que figura como comerciante - DiarioLibre.com

yeah, DV, and it's the truth.
he been and very likely still is(behind the scenes) a big shot on the Import/Export Sector.
justout of curiosity, because i have zero knowledge about such stuff:
he was caught in DR, but extradited to the USA and judged in the USA. coming back to the DR, can he not be accused for his crimes done in the DR? does a extradition mean he is free of any guilt in the country which send's him to an other country?
if that's the case, then the USA is the real Dreamland/Paradise for him, as he got milk and honey all around, considering his crimes caught on and just 10 years for that, coming back as a sure not poor Man to the Island to continue to be a big rich businessman.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i love one of the comments: Bueno, realmente ?l es comerciante. De drogas.
ha ha ha. sometimes the comments are better than anything the journalists write here. and a good insight into what dominicans think. well, dominicans who are literate enough to be able to read and write (sometimes really badly thou) and rich enough to have a computer or an access to one. but nonetheless.