E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't think on-line check-in works in DR.... you need the paper boarding pass
Note at security/Migracion they have no scanners

Yes, even if entered on-line, the check-in person wants to see your Neg CV test... and may ask for more

I have NEVER been able to check-in online - US/Cdn departures are different, on-line works

Reactions: AlaPlaya

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas

Yes, even if entered on-line, the check-in person wants to see your Neg CV test... and may ask for more

I have NEVER been able to check-in online - US/Cdn departures are different, on-line works
This matches my experiences.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Take a printscreen and save it in a new folder you can name anything (DR Trip works well). When you take the printscreen, make sure the date snd time is visible. Like this:

F45BF933-1B80-4CD0-8523-B01A44C0D801.png

When they ask for whatever, take out your cell and show him or her your printscreen(s). Should work.

Mr. Smooth

Jan 23, 2008
I'm flying down this Friday on Jet Blue and filled my e-ticket out Saturday night and received my QR code right after I hit the "submit" button. The thing I had a problem with was where it came to the hotel you were staying at. I'll be staying at two different hotels, one in Boca and the other in Sosua, and in that long list of accommodations offered, neither one of my hotels was on the list. I did write out the Sosua hotel but it was invalid. So I just typed in another hotel nearby, which was on the list, and was then able to proceed to the next segment.

This is my 3rd time doing this and I really prefer this way over the old way with filling out multiple forms at 30,000 feet with turbulence and people ALWAYS looking at you, waiting for you to finish up so they can ask you for your pen.

My last arrival into SDQ, must have been good timing as there was nobody in the immigration line as I entered and held my phone up with the QR code in my email to show anyone who looked like an airport official. One guy saw it at a quick glance and waved me on up to the desk where the immigration lady only asked for my passport. A few seconds later, I'm making my way out of the arrival terminal and toward the taxi area.

From the time I stepped off the plane to the taxi, might have been literally 15 minutes. If I hadn't stopped at the small bank inside the terminal to exchange $200 USD, it would have been no more than 10 minutes.

Reactions: AlterEgo and cavok

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I'll be staying at two different hotels, one in Boca and the other in Sosua, and in that long list of accommodations offered, neither one of my hotels was on the list.

A weekend in Boca Chica and Sosua, touring the cesspits of the DR. To answer your question, they only have hotels which are registered with the Ministry of Tourism on the list of hotels, ie those which are legit and have a licence.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A weekend in Boca Chica and Sosua, touring the cesspits of the DR. To answer your question, they only have hotels which are registered with the Ministry of Tourism on the list of hotels, ie those which are legit and have a licence.
Quite honestly, I think you can pick any one you want because that is not one of the things they are interested in. If you match the providence/municipality I think you're good togo. At the start of e-tic...ages ago, they had a couple of guys at the airport with laptop to assist. One day I filled out my form for exit and not for entry. So I went to the help spot and he basically filled it out for me with the information from the woman that was ahead of me. He brought cut and paste to a new level. lol.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

They are not cesspits. I live in BC and have spent 4 days in Sosua. I would prefer to live in PP but that's not happening now. I just don't think you should denigrate 2 towns where it's extremely easy to avoid the areas with the bad rep.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They are not cesspits. I live in BC and have spent 4 days in Sosua. I would prefer to live in PP but that's not happening now. I just don't think you should denigrate 2 towns where it's extremely easy to avoid the areas with the bad rep.
Yes, both are fairly nice towns. It's what they have to offer that some people object to.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Mr. Smooth

Jan 23, 2008
Thanks for your reply, MariaRubia. I could have done without the "colorful" description of each place, but it's fine. It's not a weekend in each, only Boca. Sosua, which will include numerous day trips to other coastal spots, will take up the rest of the 3 weeks, which might include having a look at a couple of properties. I have numerous friends and acquaintances in each place, so I enjoy the scene, however much of a cesspit you consider both to be.

But thanks for stopping by.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We have been over this more than once…..

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I'm flying down this Friday on Jet Blue and filled my e-ticket out Saturday night and received my QR code right after I hit the "submit" button. The thing I had a problem with was where it came to the hotel you were staying at. I'll be staying at two different hotels, one in Boca and the other in Sosua, and in that long list of accommodations offered, neither one of my hotels was on the list. I did write out the Sosua hotel but it was invalid. So I just typed in another hotel nearby, which was on the list, and was then able to proceed to the next segment.

This is my 3rd time doing this and I really prefer this way over the old way with filling out multiple forms at 30,000 feet with turbulence and people ALWAYS looking at you, waiting for you to finish up so they can ask you for your pen.

My last arrival into SDQ, must have been good timing as there was nobody in the immigration line as I entered and held my phone up with the QR code in my email to show anyone who looked like an airport official. One guy saw it at a quick glance and waved me on up to the desk where the immigration lady only asked for my passport. A few seconds later, I'm making my way out of the arrival terminal and toward the taxi area.

From the time I stepped off the plane to the taxi, might have been literally 15 minutes. If I hadn't stopped at the small bank inside the terminal to exchange $200 USD, it would have been no more than 10 minutes.
Inmigration do not need to ask you for e-ticket, when they read your passport they see that you completed the form.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
We have been over this more than once…..
My apologies for not taking the time to go back and read every single comment of a 32 page thread but since you were polite enough to point that out, would you please be so kind to post #'s so that those of us who missed it can go back read them?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Buzzard

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yes, both are fairly nice towns. It's what they have to offer that some people object to.
I can see how someone could say Sosúa is a nice town, but Boca Chica? It has a somewhat nice area, but BC isn't what I would call a nice town. The people are nice, but the place doesn't look as nice as the people are. Then there is the garbage situation in BC which quite frankly isn't at that level anywhere in Sosúa.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MariaRubia

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I can see how someone could say Sosúa is a nice town, but Boca Chica? It has a somewhat nice area, but BC isn't what I would call a nice town. The people are nice, but the place doesn't look at nice as the people are. Then there is the garbage situation in BC which quite frankly isn't at that level anywhere in Sosúa.

I do have to agree on the garbage situation. San Pedro was bad too as is the capital. Given that I rarely go down to the beach, the rest of BC doesn't bother me at all.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My apologies for not taking the time to go back and read every single comment of a 32 page thread but since you were polite enough to point that out, would you please be so kind to post #'s so that those of us who missed it can go back read them?
Thanks in advance.
And my apologies to you

No, I will not spoon feed you

It was $80 on one website…. A person complained here about it

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Can anyone honestly describe Boca Chica as a fairly nice town? Admittedly there are bits of Sosua that aren't too bad if you don't mind all the bars full of cheap hookers at night.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I can see how someone could say Sosúa is a nice town, but Boca Chica? It has a somewhat nice area, but BC isn't what I would call a nice town. The people are nice, but the place doesn't look as nice as the people are. Then there is the garbage situation in BC which quite frankly isn't at that level anywhere in Sosúa.

100% agree with NALs. Boca Chica at night is just downright nasty. Lots of very creepy guys and very young prostitutes.