EdeEste identifies truck driver who knocked down 23 power poles in East Santo Domingo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Screenshot-2023-05-24-at-8.42.27-AM-1024x610.png

7,189 customers were affected when 23 light posts were dragged forward by a dump truck in eastern Santo Domingo. The event happened at around 11am on Saturday, 20 May 2023. The driver abandoned the dump truck. Most customers had to wait three days for power to be restored.

Distribuidora de Electricidad del Este (Edeeste) identified Joel Terrero Velez, who has a license category 03, and was on the job for CRD Equipos Pesados, as the driver of the dump truck that knocked down 23 poles of a three-phase shaft belonging to the EBRI03 circuit of the El Brisal substation in Santo Domingo East. Some 20 sectors were affected.

During a press conference, the administrator of EdeEste, Andrés Julio Portes explained that the truck’s insurance company will be responsible for the expenses incurred by EdeEste to reestablish electric energy to the 7,189 clients affected by the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The question is why ?
Did he make contact with 23 - or was it a domino effect from the lines pulling down other poles.
In either event, I think this guy's truck driving days are over, but in DR likely he will be driving again next week until he kills someone.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The question is why ?
Did he make contact with 23 - or was it a domino effect from the lines pulling down other poles.
In either event, I think this guy's truck driving days are over, but in DR likely he will be driving again next week until he kills someone.
Just guessing of course but he had to be f'd up to do 23 poles. I would think though that the insurance company will require his termination. Depending upon who he knows, he could be back working by Saturday. Is there a driver shortage here in that they have to hire the unqualified?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Just guessing of course but he had to be f'd up to do 23 poles. I would think though that the insurance company will require his termination. Depending upon who he knows, he could be back working by Saturday. Is there a driver shortage here in that they have to hire the unqualified?
If the driver aimed at the 23 poles to deliberately take them down then his aim is perfect....stick him in the military as a sharp shooter!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (most likely a domino effect as Chico Bill mentioned)

Reactions: beachcomber

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think what happened is that his truck caught the cables, it had something high on his truck, that then pulled down all the posts. I've seen it happen before and the driver tried to drive on to get away from the damage he had caused, but he just made things worse.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Reminds me of the truck driver who wiped out (caused an accident that killed)
8 people in a gua gua on Autopista Duarte, then less than a week later he makes national headlines
a second time when he's pictured in his truck pulling out of La Sirena on Av. Winston Churchill
late afternoon blocking both lanes of traffic while illegally crossing the median.

This is Old School Dominican Republic all the way!!!!!!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Are there any that are qualified ? Maybe the LPG Tank drivers, although one made an unecessary wide turn into the mud in my neighboorhood, hit an uncovered metal Corraplata valve box and cut down one of his front tires

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've had dozens of truck drivers over the years. Most of them were some of the most ignorant and uneducated persons I've met here. Most of them totally devoid of common sense.
Many of them were too ignorant to do anything else.
The guy mentioned in post #6 worked for me at one time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
With a detailed reading... you notice immediately that the article barely mentions the driver. One paragraph says the the insurance will take care of damages, lol, not the company. No enforcement on the driver, lol... trucker unions pushing their influence