El Flow 1st year

Status
Not open for further replies.
i felt "at home" at latino's .. even if i was paying too much for far too many santo libre's :)

You were also paying to much for the ladies in Latinos,The price of poker goes up if you go to the normal tourist locations. Same ladies are groping you in latinos or Clasicos they will ask for more than if you were in El Flow. Just an observation over the last year.

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
Who's EFlow biggest competition?

thanks for the photos of EFlow but pretty sure this white guy from USA wouldn't fit in there from what I've seen of all the photos.......what's another good bar that has good prices on beer with some tourist sprinkled in?
I know about Latino's etc but there must be another bar downtown that gives EFlow some competition.........

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
thanks for the photos of EFlow but pretty sure this white guy from USA wouldn't fit in there from what I've seen of all the photos.......what's another good bar that has good prices on beer with some tourist sprinkled in?
I know about Latino's etc but there must be another bar downtown that gives EFlow some competition.........

Who are you referring to?
If you wear dark socks and sandles, I doubt you'll "blend in", if you peakie 'panie and are low key, there is no problem having a few frias in el Flow.

Reactions: Black Dog

KikoPresidente

Mar 20, 2009
never ever had a problem in el flow and I am a blonde haired gringo.
a decent propina to your waiter will get you great service and and just about what ever you need.
great spot to see the locals interact and tranquillo!

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I go to EL FLOW all the time and have never had a problem. If you are not a loud mouth tourist and dont make yourself stick out like a sore thumb,no one will bother you.And it's nice to pay half the price for drinks compare with all the other tourist traps in town.Most of those places charge150 pesos for a redbull, which cost only 80 at EL FLOW.

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
Who are you referring to?
If you wear dark socks and sandles, I doubt you'll "blend in", if you peakie 'panie and are low key, there is no problem having a few frias in el Flow.

don't wear sandles and low key but all the pics have seen don't show any white people.......and I've seen over a hunderd pics

I go to EL FLOW all the time and have never had a problem. If you are not a loud mouth tourist and dont make yourself stick out like a sore thumb,no one will bother you.And it's nice to pay half the price for drinks compare with all the other tourist traps in town.Most of those places charge150 pesos for a redbull, which cost only 80 at EL FLOW.

not a loud mouth tourist and never have stuck out in most tourist destinations but I think I would be a marked tourist at EFlow.........not interested in energy drinks but a frosty cold beer would certainly do.....
just was looking for another establishment or low key bar that serves inexpensive beer like EFlow with some other tourist around besides all Dominicans that I've seen in every single pic on the internet......

a decent propina to your waiter will get you great service and and just about what ever you need.

blonde haired gringo too and have always enjoyed the locals as well as the tourist......just wanted to if there was another spot to see locals and tourist interact and tranquillo.......what are some other names of other bars?

Rocko

don't wear sandles and low key but all the pics have seen don't show any white people.......and I've seen over a hunderd pics

not a loud mouth tourist and never have stuck out in most tourist destinations but I think I would be a marked tourist at EFlow.........not interested in energy drinks but a frosty cold beer would certainly do.....
just was looking for another establishment or low key bar that serves inexpensive beer like EFlow with some other tourist around besides all Dominicans that I've seen in every single pic on the internet......

blonde haired gringo too and have always enjoyed the locals as well as the tourist......just wanted to if there was another spot to see locals and tourist interact and tranquillo.......what are some other names of other bars?

Rocko

To answer your question very simply No, other place with similar prices

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
how are these two places?

how about this place baBritannia I read about. It has 3 Brahma
Beers for 100 pesos at Happy Hour?

and how about Jolly Rogers right next door with
50 peso Presidentes at Happy Hour?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Damn man

Rocko

If your worried about the color make up then your in the wrong country! Seen the utube video and looks like a normal bar to me:eek:gre::bunny:

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
If your worried about the color make up then your in the wrong country! Seen the utube video and looks like a normal bar to me:eek:gre::bunny:

not worried about the color makeup of the DR as I have been visiting the country over 8 years but mostly the South Coast and looking for input on bars in Sousa.......

don't know about any youtube video that you are mentioning as I was looking at pics on various different sites as I had mentioned.......

looking for answers to my last question on Jolly Roger and Britannia and any other bars including their Happy Hour prices......thanks!

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
not worried about the color makeup of the DR as I have been visiting the country over 8 years but mostly the South Coast and looking for input on bars in Sousa.......

don't know about any youtube video that you are mentioning as I was looking at pics on various different sites as I had mentioned.......

looking for answers to my last question on Jolly Roger and Britannia and any other bars including their Happy Hour prices......thanks!

I can't answer about Jolly Rogers however six weeks ago The Britannia Bar was selling 4 x Presidentes for about RD200 and 4 x Brahma for about RD180. This was in the afternoons, not sure about the evenings. What we used to do was drink 2 in & take 2 with us.

We did notice that they had stopped selling the traditional roast on a Sunday because of the drop in trade.

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
how about this place baBritannia I read about. It has 3 Brahma
Beers for 100 pesos at Happy Hour?

and how about Jolly Rogers right next door with
50 peso Presidentes at Happy Hour?

The prices are always low at EL FLOW,but you can catch some afternoon happy hour specials at places like Britannia, if your idea of a good time is drinking with two or three 60 year old expats.
Those places are restaurants primarily, you can not compare them with EL FLOW, that is a always packed music blasting Dominican Colomado.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
jolly roger was a nice place. but nothign at all like el flow.

el flow is bar, blasting dominican music.

jolly roger is at the other end of the street. owned by an australian expat. british waitstaff. and live american music (when i was there)

it was a nice place. spent a little while there with a friend. but its not like elflow..

and i was paying 90 pesos for presidentes.

CitiGirl

Aug 27, 2009
Gotta love Flow

When I was in Sosua last April I spoke with a beach bar owner about El Flow and why beer there was much cheaper than other bars on the strip and elsewhere in town. There always was a good crowd in the late afternoons. I asked why other bar owners don't follow suit to drum up business. I was told that the owner of El Flow is able to buy his beer at a lower wholesale rate and his tax payment on his purchases are much less than what other bar owners pay. Does any of that sound right? Do you think somebody is getting a cut of the action from El Flow? Or is it just a bunch of bs from the competition? Whatever, I'll be there this Friday as I make my 5th trip to the DR. Sounds like El Flow has a solid " business model". I'll be happy to keep an extra 50 pesos in my pocket at all times.

Yeah I heard something similar, like the owner is that guy doing politics (can't remember exact word in spanish) with his pic everywhere, and that they have a deal with the distributors of Presidente for the big amount they sell and that is why they can sell it so cheap. Never heard about selling drugs there though.

I love that place, I swear I have never seen the place close or empty. I remember the first time I went there w my husband, which was our first time in Sosua, we went there around 12:45 am, and the place was super crowded, I felt the urgent to be very observant of my surroundings when I noticed a lot of movement in the back, I start to tell my hubby I think we should go outside it looks like there is going to be a fight, I hadn't finish said fight when everybody next to us start to run outside and the shootings started. I remember my husband urgent to protect me, but he had no idea where to go, and I just decide to follow all the "ladies" around. I hide with those ladies for about 20 min, from a great "strategic" point where we could see the guy with the gun, still going crazy, until someone pick him up in a motoconcho and finally he went away. 25 min later Flow was pumping again, I had a new presidente in my hand and thought the whole thing was very funny. Police never came btw. After that we went there almost every night without anyother major incident. My husband don't like the place. But I like it one of those tables outside for me is the best option just in case you need to run! In the other hand Classico ugh! Soooo crowded in a bad way, you can't even move around or dance in that place, and the line to get a drink ridiculous.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
25 min later Flow was pumping again, I had a new presidente in my hand and thought the whole thing was very funny. .

So this was a 20 minute gun battle??:ermm:

It's all fun & games 'till someone catches a stray bullet....

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
yikes........was a guy really shooting a gun off at EFlow?
mi value mi life and can't see any reason to take any chances goin to a place where an Idiot shoots off his gun......no matter how cheap da beer is........

thank you for getting back to me on jolly roger and Britannia........this helped a lot.......

and mi already got da word on Classico.........lol

isn't there a bar on the main road called 'main garden" or something like that?

and wonder how much the beers are at Passion?

Mr Barcelo

Jul 22, 2009
El Flow

I don't care to risk my life by catching a stray bullet in order to drink cheaper Presidentes. Just about every trip someone pulls a gun, and the scene looks similar to the running of the bulls with a sea of people running up the sidewalk towards Classicos. Remember - The larger chicas are good for cover if you visit El Flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.