El Seibo, Miches ,Temptations and Club Med Miches.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Brand and reliability ?
Wyze outdoor cameras. They sell small solar panels you can combine with the camera to extend the charge of the camera. They go about 2 months without charging if there is lots of sunshine.

pedromon

Oct 9, 2023
New york
If I had my old '88 Trooper with the spring supported driver's seat that I drove to Costa Rica, then sold there, I would drive more. That was like riding on air.
But the roads here are so abysmal and the speed bumps come without warning that you can easily compress a vertebrae and be infirmed for life.
You can have much broader experiences and see more diverse cultures driving through central America on similar potholed and dangerous roads.
Sure things are different and I drove to San Francisco de Macoris once because I had heard so much and all I can say it wasn't worth the gasoline I wasted in the first 5 miles of that prolonged trip to visit that dusty and depressing town. Sometimes you have to see towns like that or Nagua to realize your part of DR is way better.
If I was wealthy maybe new Prado or Range Rover could take the bumps ?

"I would like to think that you are actually mistaken about the city you are referring to in such a derogatory manner. It is not at all its description when speaking of the national context compared to other towns and cities. In our case, we are a country of small cities. San Francisco represents the most stable progress within these. Hearing him say or, in this case, watching him say depressing is something that really causes me a bit of embarrassment.

That city is mostly composed of urbanizations. Almost 70% are urbanizations and the central area. It is a city that has one of the most thriving and stable financial sectors in the country, with renowned local and international institutions. Saying that it has nothing to do with it is like affirming a little more what I think or perhaps you can say for my taste.

Well, San Francisco is one of the most vibrant cities. It has several clubs, dozens of nightclubs, fashion vares, restaurants, parks, and cultural centers. As for what that dusty expression is, for years San Francisco has been among the 3 cleanest cities in the country. It is a city of pure air since it is located at the foot of the central mountain range and the Loma Quita Espuela scientific reserve. It enjoys fresh and clean air almost all year round. That's why I prefer to believe that you got the wrong city.

I am a capital citizen who settled in that beautiful city 5 years ago, and friend, I cannot allow you to defame it in that way unless you are wrong.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
@pedromon He most likely soent much of his time in the northern part of SFM. That’s like spending most of your time in Villa Mella and vicinity, and then judge all of SD by what is seen there.

The DR actually has a better road network thsn Costa Rica and pretty much all of Central America.

J3lCmaS.png

DR roads are also better than those in South America except Chile and Ecuador.

J3lnuoJ.png

* It’s a matter of time someone will come and say things like Brazil has better roads than the DR because that’s what they saw the last time they were in São Paulo or Río de Janeiro.

pedromon

Oct 9, 2023
New york
@pedromon He most likely soent much of his time in the northern part of SFM. That’s like spending most of your time in Villa Mella and vicinity, and then judge all of SD by what is seen there.

The DR actually has a better road network thsn Costa Rica and pretty much all of Central America.

J3lCmaS.png

DR roads are also better than those in South America except Chile and Ecuador.

J3lnuoJ.png

* It’s a matter of time someone will come and say things like Brazil has better roads than the DR because that’s what they saw the last time they were in São Paulo or Río de Janeiro.
It couldn't be better explained friend, excellent intervention.