El Seibo, Miches ,Temptations and Club Med Miches.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Vegas..maybe keep it simple and clear. We all know about your "superior intellect." But maybe keep it simple to help us understand.
I am glad at least one person knows about my superior intellect.
Spread the word to the educated who do not understand what I write in my posts.

I think you made an error.
Your post should have been directed at @reilleyp.
I don't have to prove anything to him.

I do not want to have a conversation about Solar.
If and when I do I can start my own thread.
But why would I do that.
There are several threads that have been started on DR1 about solar energy generation.

But since several people jumped in here to beat on their chests and make a point, I decided to give them an intellectual WWF beat down based on my personal and experience with one 110w solar panel.
Not a 5000 - 10000w solar set up with windmills also. (insert the "roll your eyes" emoji here)

Individuals commented about remote areas they have driven through.
That they lacked electricity.
I suggested that these areas would be good candidates for solar electricity.
And I provided an example based on my own personal experiences.
I wrote this to say that after having learned how to function using just 110w solar panel to survive that if you don't have access to electricity a 100w solar panel would be very helpful.

I lived out in campo for 7 days without any electricity at all before setting up my 110w solar panel.
And quite honestly.
I have been amazed at what that little panel can do.
And having done what I have done I am simply wondering out loud about what it could do for people who have zero access to electricity.

I learned my solar expertise from a man who started out homeless who set things up for his camper as he had no other option.
He parlayed that knowledge into thriving business.
That is why I said I only pay attention to people who speak the the base of real life experience.
What the rich gringos are saying can't be done.
I did!
I can't make it any clear it up anymore than that.
Look to others for obfuscation they claim I am engaged in.
They need to look in the mirror and realize I am not talking about the rich gringo lifestyle.
If they actually read the entire thread they would understand the context of my posts and respond accordingly.
But they have not.
It is up to them to share their experience existing on just a 110w panel.
And the fact that they don't means they can't
I did.
And I will be answering their questions because of their lack of understanding and experience.

Getting back to the subject matter at hand...since you gave me a warning for being off topic in another thread (insert the "my bad" emoji here)

My remote area story.
My vehicle broke down.
I diagnosed the problem and others in the area came to my aid.
The sent a runner to find the local mechanic.
The local mechanic came and took the belt off.
A runner went to buy me a new belt.
The runner came back to my vehicle with the belt (he could have just took off with my money).
Mechanic put the belt on.
The mechanic charged me an insane amount of money for the work.
But hey, I was stuck and going no where if the belt was not change.
I tried get him to come down on the price but he was very insistent.
I reluctantly paid and continued on my trip.

I will state again that I do not like driving in those remote areas.
No matter how great the views, neither do I like engaging in the (insert the "stop and smell the roses" emoji) activities.

Like Jay-Z says:

"You roll a million miles, while I fly over your bus".

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
It is a 16500 watt array with an additional 3200 watts of wind turbines. I think the judges would have you way behind in points on the intellectual beat down.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am glad at least one person knows about my superior intellect.
Spread the word to the educated who do not understand what I write in my posts.

I think you made an error.
Your post should have been directed at @reilleyp.
I don't have to prove anything to him.

I do not want to have a conversation about Solar.
If and when I do I can start my own thread.
But why would I do that.
There are several threads that have been started on DR1 about solar energy generation.

But since several people jumped in here to beat on their chests and make a point, I decided to give them an intellectual WWF beat down based on my personal and experience with one 110w solar panel.
Not a 5000 - 10000w solar set up with windmills also. (insert the "roll your eyes" emoji here)

Individuals commented about remote areas they have driven through.
That they lacked electricity.
I suggested that these areas would be good candidates for solar electricity.
And I provided an example based on my own personal experiences.

I can't make it any clear it up anymore than that.
Look to others for obfuscation they claim I am engaged in.
They need to look in the mirror and realize I am not talking about the rich gringo lifestyle.
If they actually read the entire thread they would understand the context of my posts and respond accordingly.
But they have not.
It is up to them to share their experience existing on just a 110w panel.
And the fact that they don't means they can't
I did.
And I will be answering their questions because of their lack of understanding and experience.

Getting back to the subject matter at hand...since you gave me a warning for being off topic in another thread (insert the "my bad" emoji here)

My remote area story.
My vehicle broke down.
I diagnosed the problem and others in the area came to my aid.
The sent a runner to find the local mechanic.
The local mechanic came and took the belt off.
A runner went to buy me a new belt.
The runner came back to my vehicle with the belt (he could have just took off with my money).
Mechanic put the belt on.
The mechanic charged me an insane amount of money for the work.
But hey, I was stuck and going no where if the belt was not change.
I tried get him to come down on the price but he was very insistent.
I reluctantly paid and continued on my trip.

I will state again that I do not like driving in those remote areas.
No matter how great the views, neither do I like engaging in the (insert the "stop and smell the roses" emoji) activities.

Like Jay-Z says:

"You roll a million miles, while I fly over your bus".
People that have brag about their intelligence level usually don't have much.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Are some of the vistas higher than Montaña Redonda?
Don't know for sure, guess they are similar altitudes. The great 180 ° vista from the road is towards the water, The view to its rear is that of the road vegetation and brush. The Montaña Redonda view is a great 360° and unobstructed, includes Carretera Bavara-Miches and the little mountain spine to its south, running east to west.

Regards,

PJT

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It is a 16500 watt array with an additional 3200 watts of wind turbines.
Can we say rich gringo?
Who wrote that the people we are talking about cannot even afford a half panel of solar?
I think the judges would have you way behind in points on the intellectual beat down.
I doubt it.
But gotta give you an A for attitude.
I am still looking for what you added intellectually to our discussion.

All I ever suggested was that a 100w panel can do a lot of good for people who have zero electricity.
Do you disagree with that statement @reilleyp ?
It is much harder to go from grid power to 110w panel.
But I learned how to do it a made it work.
People that have brag about their intelligence level usually don't have much.
Not surprised to see you jump in with your two neurons worth of nothing as usual.
Stick with the road conditions on the drive to Hato Mayor.

Lastly...I live in the Dominican Republic just like you do.
So, if intelligence has anything to do with that...(insert the "Laughing" emoji here).
It's not bragging if you can back it up.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Can we say rich gringo?
Who wrote that the people we are talking about cannot even afford a half panel of solar?

I doubt it.

All I ever suggested was that a 100w panel can do a lot of good for people who have zero electricity.

Not surprised to see you jump in with your two neurons worth of nothing as usual.

So, if intelligence has anything to do with that...(insert the "Laughing" emoji here).
I have no problems with you publicly showing your insecurities.

Reactions: reilleyp

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Educator: a person who provides instruction or education; a teacher.

"A therapist is a person who has received training to help treat mental or physical health problems. In the context of psychology, a therapist is a person who is trained and licensed to practice psychotherapy."
Every good teacher is a therapist as well as a psychologist, I guess you never had any good teachers.

Reactions: chico bill

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I still need to make a point to go up there.

Going there is worth the trip. Take note, you have the option of driving up its road on your own to the top. However, it is a narrow, rutted, steep inclined gravel road with sharp turns, opposing traffic, especially risky during rains. A 4x4 is recommended. 2x4 vehicles not recommended. There are rides to the top available for a fee. There is an entrance fee. There is a restaurant, amusements, baños, parking, and wonderful views. Check weather forecasts ahead, a clear sunny day is a jewel.

Regards,

PJT

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Can we say rich gringo?

I doubt it.

My stand alone security cameras are solar powered.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Sky & Kipling & Thom,

Just give it time and those individuals will find themselves banned for a lengthy period of time.

It’s a shame to come on to such a great site to basically argue with everyone.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The best years I've had here was when I had my Wrangler, driving around without a top and the windshield down for days.
If I had my old '88 Trooper with the spring supported driver's seat that I drove to Costa Rica, then sold there, I would drive more. That was like riding on air.
But the roads here are so abysmal and the speed bumps come without warning that you can easily compress a vertebrae and be infirmed for life.
You can have much broader experiences and see more diverse cultures driving through central America on similar potholed and dangerous roads.
Sure things are different and I drove to San Francisco de Macoris once because I had heard so much and all I can say it wasn't worth the gasoline I wasted in the first 5 miles of that prolonged trip to visit that dusty and depressing town. Sometimes you have to see towns like that or Nagua to realize your part of DR is way better.
If I was wealthy maybe new Prado or Range Rover could take the bumps ?

Reactions: JD Jones