EncargoPAQ problems?

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
I start seeing some Speed out of Miami again. Faith is being renewed. I am sticking around with them

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
i ordered a 23" monitor last monday from amazon. it arrived miami last thursday, and in cabarete today. not bad, however I have another package which had been on a boat for two weeks and still isnt in santo domingo......lets hope it turns up soon.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I would like to relate my latest issue with Encargopaq and please anyone who has experienced this, speak up. I have placed just two orders in two years with this company. Delivery to Miami and then to Sosua. First item a Food Processor which they said was a laptop. This time I ordered two parts for a Samsung stove which they have shipped as ELECTRONICS, even both times the invoices were preloaded from the purchases before they even received the items. I called Miami to find out what the f**k? They hung up on me because I accused them of sending packages for duty that were not applicable for taxes. It has been received in Santo Domingo as ELECTRONICS contrary to all the documentation in my account. DO NOT USE THEM. THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS probably getting kickbacks off their lies. Their receiver Didio (probably fictitious) assigns this and unless you are a big and valued customer, you may get royally ripped off! BEWARE!!!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely check them out. I just can't believe that they could be so blatant! They must think everyone is stupid. Thank you again.

H

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We have used encargopaq for years and have never had a problem. Have ordered and received dozens of items every year. Often they ask for a purchase order before it leaves Miami and I email it to them.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Both times the purchase orders were preloaded prior to the receipt in Miami. Both times I am being charged for maximum duty on products that do not qualify. How they choose the ones to scam, I don't know but because I don't order lots of things each year maybe they think I am a patsy.

Aug 21, 2007
I order from Encargopaq on a weekly basis, sometimes several times a week.

At Christmas, I was to receive 6 boxes of costumes donated for the church's Nativity Re-enactment. The boxes were big and heavy and needed to come by boat. Although they were received in Miami prior to the end of November with an "invoice," for one reason or another, Encargopaq had not shipped them.

I went to the office, explained the importance of these items. Followed up with an email, and Encargopaq responded by placing the packages on another boat. They all arrived in time for the Christmas Mass.

I find Encargopaq reasonable. Yes, sometimes mistakes are made. But in my experience, they always work to correct them.

Lindsey

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I used Encargopaq for all my heavy items which come by sea.

Not any more.  Almost every shipment goes wrong.  They will never give me a quote beforehand they just say it will be either 33% or 45% of the value of the item.  Guess what?  It's ALWAYS 45%. And if you want to pay your bill with a card they will add an extra 18%.

They are a useless bunch of ripoff artists and I will never grace their doorstep again.  They have a lot to learn from CPS in regards to customer service, who, by the way now also do sea freight and promise ten working days delivery to your door.

My last shipment with Encargopaq took a month and they charged me 45% for a $150 water cooler I purchased off eBay.  I can't see them staying in buisness for much longer.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I used Encargopaq for all my heavy items which come by sea.

Not any more.  Almost every shipment goes wrong.  They will never give me a quote beforehand they just say it will be either 33% or 45% of the value of the item.  Guess what?  It's ALWAYS 45%. And if you want to pay your bill with a card they will add an extra 18%.

They are a useless bunch of ripoff artists and I will never grace their doorstep again.  They have a lot to learn from CPS in regards to customer service, who, by the way now also do sea freight and promise ten working days delivery to your door.

My last shipment with Encargopaq took a month and they charged me 45% for a $150 water cooler I purchased off eBay.  I can't see them staying in buisness for much longer.

i used to use them, but they are clueless. i switched to CARIPACK, and the service has been flawless. like the Swiss watch of shippers..

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I believe that a shipping company is only as good as it's Anti-Christ connections ( ADUANAS ) once there connection with the Anti-Christ dissolves or becomes strained the shipping company's service and prices etc. go to hell

The good thing is that there are many shipping companies to choose from and new ones open all the time and new Anti-Christ connections are made to keep the flow of packages entering the country.

Last edited:

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I believe that a shipping company is only as good as it's Anti-Christ connections ( ADUANAS ) once there connection with the Anti-Christ dissolves or becomes strained the shipping company's service and prices etc. go to hell

The good thing is that there are many shipping companies to choose from and new ones open all the time and new Anti-Christ connections are made to keep the flow of packages entering the country.

I absolutely agree.
Once they have somebody in place that can "play" (paying the right amount to the right persons) the game, things will run smoothly.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
My point exactly. I don't order lots and lots so ditto the patsy. So far it is 2 for 2 wrong! Never again. I have already set up another account with CPS right into Cabarete. We'll see.

Neon8

Aug 3, 2003
www.sosuacondos.com
I have been using CPS for a couple of years and very pleased. Good email communication and can track your packages from Miami to DR on their web site. They deliver to my place in Cabarete and I pay the shipping then. Also used their shipping by sea to send boxes from states. Price is by volume not weight. Time from States to Cabarete was 2 weeks.