English Social Club in Santo Domingo!

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Fourth Social EFL Group meeting REPORT!

27/08/2008

Around 12 people showed up to Mi Taverna. This gathering was a bit different from the rest, mainly due to the music. The bartender didn't like the idea of lowering the music volume. He said the other clients would be upset... (there was my group of 12, and 2 other women in the bar... go figure). So, while my group initially just started talking as usual, some of them started dancing... that's when the party started :)

Basically, everyone began to dance! There was an even mix of men and women, so everyone had someone to dance with at all times. When you were not dancing, you could sit at the table and chat. I really appreciated that my students stuck with English even while they were just joking around on the dance floor. Oh yeah, there was also that power out... during which my group sat and we actually did chat for 30 minutes or so while the power came back on. We also tried to play a drinking game, in English... and realized that one of the girl students was going to get horribly drunk, so we stopped the game there to save her skin =P

Once the power was back, more drinks and more dancing. It was a really fun night in that respect. I do want to emphasize that this isn't the point of the club, but it wasn't a bad change for a night either ;)

Oh yeah, pictures! They will be posted at the group's flick account: ESL Group

All in all, a different but enjoyable evening.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Location change for next Wednesday: September 3, 2008

We will meet at Anacleto & Dorotea, located at Gustavo Mejia Ricart No.72 (between Lope de Vega ave. and Tiradentes ave.)

This place was recommended by several people.

Why the change?

As I mentioned before, there are many places to meet in Santo Domingo. It would be a shame not to visit several. Also, this place is a bit quieter and will provide a slightly different ambiance for the group. Some people might enjoy some places more than others, and I hope new ppl will be tempted to come once we announce new places to visit.

All the places we visit will be considered price-wise too :)

This doesn't mean we won't be back at former places. So if you really liked Mi Taverna, no worries, we'll be back there too. :)

As usual, to stay up to date, join the social group at DR1: Social EFL

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Location change for next Wednesday: September 3, 2008

We will meet at Anacleto & Dorotea, located at Gustavo Mejia Ricart No.72 (between Lope de Vega ave. and Tiradentes ave.)

This place was recommended by several people.

Why the change?

As I mentioned before, there are many places to meet in Santo Domingo. It would be a shame not to visit several. Also, this place is a bit quieter and will provide a slightly different ambiance for the group. Some people might enjoy some places more than others, and I hope new ppl will be tempted to come once we announce new places to visit.

All the places we visit will be considered price-wise too :)

This doesn't mean we won't be back at former places. So if you really liked Mi Taverna, no worries, we'll be back there too. :)

As usual, to stay up to date, join the social group at DR1: Social EFL