Enough of dominican bashing.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
prismaspeck said:
I was born and raised in el Cibao...sometimes when I talk the i slips in somewhere...I know those people in resort areas are rude, bla,blablablabla....so what?? Many people in cibao valley are rude, mean spirited and act like they are better than everybody else (don't get me wrong Im a very proud cibae?a I just hate snotty, snobish people)....Oh and some of those rich people you talk about from Santiago...oh boy...it takes every kind of person to act like they are not real dominicans. Real dominicans come from the south , the north and every campo in between, even resort areas (yeah I do believe I've met some people who are proud of their work and do so without selling their bodies to tourists)...hey...even ugly UBH's are real dominicanas, I might not like what they do for a living, but that's what they do and I can't change their opinion about it...They're all just people.

I've just about had it with your superiority complex and your judgmental opinion about who's a real dominican and who's not.

Who made you judge of everything dominican?

Your country must be proud of you!!! We're missing in this forum opinions like yours.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Top Prize

beachlv said:
Wowsers!
61 replies in under 12 hours. Is there a prize? ;)

Top prize suould be a 2 - 3 day saty with AZB, he is a very good host and can show you how to hang around places where you can pick up young women with rich daddies. Most of these women think that AZB is a high class doctor who has unlimited funds and fail to realize that he would be labeled a sexual predator in any other country in the world. I am in no way criticizing AZB if this is the way he wants to live his life. The man does have some hot wives.

I for one however know for a fact that from time to time (between wives) AZB walks on the dark side (the very dark side) as some of his UBH?s are very dark. Let face it folks, AZB is who he is, an equal opportunity bigot. He hates Jews, Blacks, East Indianans, all women in general, ect.

He has a very good grasp on Dominican society. Who knows maybe the AZB doctrine will catch on? Look at Germany from 1938 to 1945.

Charlie

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
After having this conversation, all I can say is that I am damn proud . . .

of the people I associate with. Better them than some upper class rejectionist that feel every one in the civilized world is just like them.

-Lee

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Yan-Yan said:
Are you Dominican?... Maybe you are right....

Sorry! I didn't know you were Dominican. I had in mind a posting from a Dominican bashing his own people. (re. mc nuggets brains)

No soy dominicano pero comparto historia y cultura.

My point is that when taking into account that AZB is not Dominican; his point of views are light years ahead of the other resident gringos.

No doubt that you are bringing to this forum a point of view with alot of weight. We're in the minor leagues compare to your input.

Pegales duro chico!!!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
AZB said:
Anyway my car is making clunking sound and I can't take the risk on night driving. No one is coming back tonight from santiago so even if I get there with robert, I can't come back tonight.AZB

Too bad you don't have any mechanic friends that will fix your car for free, huh? ;) I know a few, I could introduce you...but then again, they're from Sosua. That just wouldn't work. They're going to be very disappointed they'll never get to meet the high-classed upper-crust gentleman we call AZB! :cheeky:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
To me, a poor person who is doing all they can to make their lives better - ie educating themselves and working hard - is head's-above the rich who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. You can run down the poor all you like, but they did nothing to deserve their circumstances, either. I give a lot of credit to any poor person who is trying to break the cycle by getting a higher education. In fact, any Dominican who has earned their Grade 12 Diploma deserves kudos. So many children are forced to work over education because their family needs the money, and you can't blame the children for that.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AZB said:
You folks in north coast just don't get it. You can be living here for a million year and still not get it. You come to this country, instantly find or make a gated community and find other folks like you. never bother to learn spanish or get to know any real dominicans. All you folks do is mix with dominican trash and then insult all the rest of dominicans that you don't know.
Example: you are 60 yrs old and find a 25 yrs old girl to fall in love with. I gurantee you that she is not going to be a university grad with a law degree. She will be either a whore, ex-hooker or a girl from ghetto. She will be more poor than a bangladeshi refugee in india. Now you learn to deal with her poor mentality and her poor family. Then you meet her chulo brother and tigre cousins. They rob you and squeeze every penny they can get out of you. Then your relationship ends in disaster. What did you expect genious? There are tourists coming here finding cheap ghetto love, finding black whores and dressing them up like princeses. Taking them to expensive restaurants and shopping with them in supermarkets. Women coming here, hooking with cheap ghetto studs. Mistaking them for real dominican men. Then taking them to USA, canada, germany and other parts of europe. Giving them attention they can't even get from their own people. Just go to any latin disco in germany and you will see dominican hookers all over dancing "un movimieno sexy".
The fault lies within you foreigners. You just don't get it. You sleep with dogs and then complain of ticks. To decent dominicans, you are all fools. Thats what I hear all the time from decent dominicans.
Now I live in DR as well. Then why is it that I don't have any cheap dominican friends who ask me for gifts? why is it that I don't support any girl and her immediate family? Why is it that I never get into any police trouble or have to pay any traffic fines? why is it I never get over charged? why is it that I never complain of dominicans? You never hear Hillbilly complain of dominicans. Why is that?
You see there are some foreigners who choose not to live with dominican trash, just like the real decent dominicans. why is it you never see a decent dominican girl with those cheap black sankies from beach in resort areas? Real dominican girls are far prettier than your regular fatty gringa.
real dominicans don't mix with coastal dominican trash. they have their own circle to move in. They want no trouble. Oh wait, you folks in north coast will tell me that you see chopos from santiago come to their beach in buses all weekend and trash their place. Right?
Not! real dominicans don't come in cheap hired gua guas. these folks you see are country folks or poor folks from guettos. they are not real dominicans. Dominican republic is RUN by educated dominicans who pay their lights, taxes and run universities and huge businesses. the rest are simply workers.
In santiago we have supermarkets just like USA and have everything you can imagine. Santo domingo is even more like USA. The prices are way high but you will still see lines in supermarket cashiers. People live exactly or better than USA. These folks drive nice cars, visit USA frequently, pay high price for medical attention in decent hospitals, clinics, buy expensive clothes, spend money in restaurants and bars, live in huge modern houses and have good businesses. These folk are the owners of this country, not your cheap everyday poor dominican. I don't know a single cheap dominican that you folks seem to complain about daily. Why is it that its so difficult for you folks to find real domninicans? Oh wait, maybe because you folks live in gated communities?
Its simple as that: you folks only know cheap lying ghetto dominican bastards, the real dominicans are out of your reach. So its all too simple, "you will get what you look for...anywhere in the world".
Have a happy thanks giving.
AZB

AZB, you are really incredible when it comes to understanding the REAL Dominican Republic and the REAL Dominicans.

In fact, you know so much about the real Dominicans that you could be considered a Dominican yourself! Heck, I won't be surprised if you are subconsciously presenting yourself and/or emulating the real Dominicans!

Good job!

[ From this point forward the word "you" is meant in a general form, not specifically to AZB at all]

People in general need to understand one simple natural rule of life on earth:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SOMETHING FOR NOTHING, IN THE END EVERYBODY GETS EXACTLY WHAT THEY PAID FOR!

Apply that to everything you do in life and you will notice that there is really nothing to complaint about other than your own stupidity in the decisions you made. If you go after trash, trash is what you get. If you go after the crown jewel, a crown jewel you'll get - given that you put the effort to actually attaining such thing.

Its not good for a foreigner to dream of meeting a real Dominican, but not making the effort and instead settling for the easy to pick up trash. If you want the best in life, its going to cost you.

The question now is not whether you want it, its how much are you willing to pay for it. If you are not willing to pay alot and only settle with the trash, then don't come whinning that what you bargained for turned out to be exactly what you bargained for, which is to say trash.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
prismaspeck said:
Are you saying that just because a person is poor and uneducated then that person is not a real dominican? Let's see now...how many of the people in this country are poor and uneducated?...I don't have the facts at hand but there are many many more then those educated with money and "class"...I would say those porr and uneducated are in fact the real dominicans...those workers you talk about...of course the rest are also real dominicans too....it doesnt really matter what status you have.

Numbers don't mean anything in life, not more than influence.

Let me explain:

In economics, nominal wages (the face value amount of money) is not as important as real wages (the amount of goods that the nominal can actually buy, $100 today won't buy the same amount of things tomorrow, but it would still be $100, get the picture?)

In meeting a person, their physical beauty is important, but not more important than their beauty as their way of being. After all, couples don't break up because one of them were too ugly! Couples break up because one of them were incompatable with the other due to their way of being!

On the job, the title that you hold is important (masters, doctorate, etc), but its not more important than the quality of your work!

In intellectual or knowledge, its not what you know that counts, its what you do with what you know that actually makes the difference!

I can go on and on, but to save on time I'll go straight to the nail. Just because the poor and undereducated outnumber the rich in numbers doesn't mean they are the real Dominicans. Afterall, if you were to measure the majority not in numbers but in power (this is how sociologist categorize societies btw), then the rich and upper middle class are a majority becuase they hold the power and lead the country, and the masses are a minority because although they are numerous, they are still less powerful than one individual from the power group.

Don't believe me? Then guess why women are considered a minority group when in numbers they outnumber men? Why? I'll tell you, Men hold the power in the world, thus women are considered minority or victims of society.

Again, numbers are not as important as influence!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AZB said:
I will leave you folks alone if you stop stereo typing all dominicans. From reading your post alone in the thread you created, most visiting foreigners will think the domincians are all poor, resort workers, cheaters, uneducated and scam artists.
You must write down that you are only talking ablout the chopo puerto plata / sosua ghetto trash what you folks have come to know.
I am showing the other side of dominicans that most will not meet. What a shame.
AZB

Actually AZB, many tourist do see at least one decent Dominican from the upper portion of society, the thing is that given the perception they have of all Dominicans, they think those folks are foreigners, not Dominicans!

I remember reading a post by a guy who lived in Santo Domingo (he was french I believe) and he mentioned that he "disliked" seeing so many luxury cars almost "rubbing their prosperity upon the poor", blah blah blah. The thing is that he said that they were mostly "Americans"!

Now, there are some Americans living here on a high roll, but they surely don't outnumber rich Dominicans! Why did this guy assume that all those SUVs and Mercedes, etc were being driven by Americans and not Dominicans?

It's just like you said AZB, people write things on public forums as if that is the norm of all Dominicans and then, word of mouth spreads untrue comments of Dominicans. And then, when a visitor bumps with a upper class Dominican, they dismiss him as just another "tourist" because in their mind such person can't possibly be a Dominican!

AZB is doing a great job at balancing the views of Dominicans on DR1 to include all Dominicans, not just the lowest of the lower class.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
lmao, this is facinating . . . . Nal0whs I have learned so much from you . . .

So since in America 1% of the population owns 90% of the wealth, they are actually the majority. Well then I have news for you the majority of Americans have 1000 times the wealth of the average Dominican, huh?!?! Ha! bet you never knew that. And I'll have you know the majority of Americans own Lear Jets too! Ha!

Boy, I'm going to have to go back to my Grammer School math teacher and show her how wrong she was about sets and fractions. I'll teach her a thing or two.

:)

Like I said, the more I hear , lmfao, the more I like the people I associate with. Maybe you Upper Crusty nose in the Air Dominicans and Domincan WannaBees (a nod and a wink to AZB) deserve each other.

But be carefull what you wish for.

If you wish you were a member of the Upper Crusty Nose in the Air society that not in a Million years would relate to a member of the "lower" cast "surfs". You may just get what you wish for, but when you start getting lonely I guess hurling insults at the squalid masses is the only thing left for you to do to re-affirm that you are alive. . . . . . enjoy.

Nal0whs the way you describe the DR it sounds like some totally backwards dictatorship/kingdom/despotisum/Feudalisum, thats the kind of economy that exists when 5% rule the masses.

-Lee

PS: Please don't assume any one else has your upper cast mentality, I mean maybe some do, but don't sterotype all people who are well off outside of the DR, it hurts my head when you do that.

PPS: You ever notice that the most insecure people, always are busy proving they are better than the rest, and spend all thier time using slang and slander to make them selves feel greater than they really are?

You guys remind me of the old south and how the whites always said how self-evidently superior they were, at the same time they used slurs and foul language and hatred to discribe blacks and any one that associates with them.

Is that it? Some kind of self hate, cause you have a little color in your skin? As my mother said, there is nothing to be ashamed of in your body, it's perfectly natural.

PPPS: Ever notice when the Upper Crusties are saying how great they are and thier city they immediatly say, "look we even have a MCDonalds here".

Last edited:

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
With your reasoning and track record

Nal0whs said:
I can go on and on, but to save on time I'll go straight to the nail. Just because the poor and undereducated outnumber the rich in numbers doesn't mean they are the real Dominicans. Afterall, if you were to measure the majority not in numbers but in power (this is how sociologist categorize societies btw), then the rich and upper middle class are a majority becuase they hold the power and lead the country, and the masses are a minority because although they are numerous, they are still less powerful than one individual from the power group.

Don't believe me? Then guess why women are considered a minority group when in numbers they outnumber men? Why? I'll tell you, Men hold the power in the world, thus women are considered minority or victims of society.

Again, numbers are not as important as influence!

I think it would behoove the DR to let women and "poor" people run the country, as your so called rich and powerful have done one miserable job

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
ltsnyder said:
of the people I associate with. Better them than some upper class rejectionist that feel every one in the civilized world is just like them.

-Lee

I just read the other thread you started, It seems to me you have become a victim of your own devices, the title of the other thread is a gross generalization as well as it's contents, but you, as well as your new clan of fools, think it is ok to state this nonsense, but then turn around and defend the same people that screwed you.

I thought you were one of the more sensible of the ex-pat clan, but I guess that is not true. The fact is AZB is trying to make some of you people see that Puerto Plata, Sosua-Cabarete do not even remotely represent what this country and it's people are about. I know some ex-pats here do have a clue, but the great majority especially those who summarize their whole DR experience to Sousa or Boca Chica don't.

It is also funny that some of the ex-pats that do live outside the tourist areas actually end-up doing the same things they criticize about Dominicans, and in many cases they do even worse than the common Jose.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Have you considered approaching "Trotter Enterprises" in the UK to offer you a job NalOwls?? It is way past time that this company expanded into the Caribbean & with your expertise in all matters Dominican (especially High Rise apartments for downtown Puerto Plata) you should get on famously with them. The Owner is called Dell-boy & his Brother is Rodney! Tell them I said 'Hi'!! ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Nal0whs,
I am intrigued as to which 'sociologists categorise societies' by 'power'. Could I perhaps be enlightened by reference to source material? Just titles & authors will suffice ;) Thank you.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Narcosis said:
I just read the other thread you started, It seems to me you have become a victim of your own devices, the title of the other thread is a gross generalization as well as it's contents, but you, as well as your new clan of fools, think it is ok to state this nonsense, but then turn around and defend the same people that screwed you.

I thought you were one of the more sensible of the ex-pat clan, but I guess that is not true. The fact is AZB is trying to make some of you people see that Puerto Plata, Sosua-Cabarete do not even remotely represent what this country and it's people are about. I know some ex-pats here do have a clue, but the great majority especially those who summarize their whole DR experience to Sousa or Boca Chica don't.

It is also funny that some of the ex-pats that do live outside the tourist areas actually end-up doing the same things they criticize about Dominicans, and in many cases they do even worse than the common Jose.
narcosis, save your words, this man has made up his mind and he refuses to listen to anyone. He is a typical example of an arrogant gringo. People like him will twist and turn my words to make me look racist, arrogant and classist ETC ETC etc than to hear what I have to say. Sadly so many other people just jump on the bandwagon of confusion that this stubborn man creates. Only you, cris, tomgallo, nal0whs and a few other have actually heard and understood my point. The rest are simply robots who hear only key words ex:
when I say UBH = ugly black hookers (because all sosua, cabarete, pop hookers are ugly and 99.99% black)
But these people understand "all black women are hookers".
When I say "the poor ghetto folks from north coast who mix with tourists..."
they understand: All poor people in DR are hookers and chopos.

When I say "well-to-do dominican..."
the robots understand: "elite class" and call them "pigs, snobs, racist, arrogant etc" yet not a single one is worth mentioning "decent, nice etc".

Robots believe "rich" are pigs and poor are "great human beings".

When I say "my friends in santiago".
Robots understand: AZB's elite rich friends (never middle class to upper middle class).

When I mention "true dominicans".
The robots always believe I am talking about elite class, never poor or middle class domincians from santiago.

When I mention my girlfriends.
The robots always think a "rubia", never a decent university grad india or morena.
I can list 100 things, but no use, these robots are well programmed. You need a sledge hammer to break their dogmas. let them mingle with the trash from POP and let the learn from their own costly mistakes.
AZB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
AZB you have a wonderful way of putting this into words. I so enjoy reading your posts. And, as I live on the north coast, I can actually relate to most of it. Hopefully in a good way.

IT is at times difficult to find "real quality Dominicans" here. That is not limited to class or money but to the integrity of the human being. It is equally difficult to find "real quality gringos & gringas". That again has nothing to do with class money or race but everything to do with them as humans. I am quite saddened actually at how hard it is at times!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
BushBaby said:
Have you considered approaching "Trotter Enterprises" in the UK to offer you a job NalOwls?? It is way past time that this company expanded into the Caribbean & with your expertise in all matters Dominican (especially High Rise apartments for downtown Puerto Plata) you should get on famously with them. The Owner is called Dell-boy & his Brother is Rodney! Tell them I said 'Hi'!! ~ Grahame.

Genius! We can call the Dominican division "Plonker Enterprises".

My favourite Del Boy quote? "No way, Pedro". ;)