Excavation on Hill in Sosúa

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have a feeling the Cruise ship Ports are partners , or behind this somehow .. Its a Monstrosity only THEY would think up and actually Build ... drop off the Cruisers in One spot , and get ALL their Money .. why share any of it with the current Vendors on the Beach .
Most of the Cruisers would probably be happy with just the VIEW , some fake Music like at the Airport as Chico Bill outlined before,
and some Drinks .. they love to just Sit and drink .
Think about it ... Also I think The Center of the beach , then would be their Area ( just in case these Fat Bodies want to actually dip their toes in the Water ) ,, . I think this is the Real Plan ... Follow the money .
The timing of this after all these years is just rather interesting .
That Video depiction smells like a daily Cruise Ship Stop . it does not FIT any other way , its just odd and out of place on its own ..
Sosua is quite NOT ready to be Punta Cana .. these people would be like 10 years ahead of their Time .
Yep - expect the Toyota Hilux mini-buses to roll in with the white belts strapped around size 40 seersucker shorts on middle age / elderly men with black socks above their Sketcher arch-support shoes.
It will be a lovely sight. Like opening a can of Brunswick sardines.

And after a quick $50 snack (each) and a watered down drink or 4 they will pile back on the Hilux mini buses seated sweaty armpit to back fat for the $60 cab ride back to Amber cove - Oh but maybe if they have time time before The Crystal Ship sails they will stop over in Maimon for a quaint fish dinner prepared by caring families (at suddenly inflated prices) - but sorry no Lambi until the ban is lifted.

Some might complain of sunburn or sand fleas, but most will never come close to going more than ankle deep in that dangerous surf on Sosua Beach.
Post Cards only 250 pesos each

Reactions: jd426

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
The plan shown in the video is a nightmare and crime against nature and society.
Everyone living in Sosua and enjoying the beach should participate in all demonstrations against the destruction work.

Alexander

What specifically would you be demonstrating against?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I sure hope Detras del Rumor is wrong on this. That design is totally out of character for Sosua and the DR in general.
Detras del Rumor did not produce that video, so they could not be the ones that are wrong.

That would fall on the producer of the video to directly mislead us into thinking something like that is going to be done and then they do something else.
Why would that happen?

I am not expecting a lot of the cruise ship crowd, but I suppose that could be possible. Especially since there is such a port right in Puerto Plata now.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That would fall on the producer of the video to directly mislead us into thinking something like that is going to be done and then they do something else.
Why would that happen?
I give up. Why? I sure hope they do do something else though.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Perhaps they are going to build a bigger wings joint for the weekend warriors crowd?
Im gonna go out on a Limb here with this Side Bet ,
but Im gonna predict that the Spandex queens will NOT even be allowed IN , unless each of them is accompanied by a MALE .. in this new " Plaza"

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Private property right.
They are allowed to discriminate against whoever they choose too.
And I doubt your prediction will be their only targets...
Hmmmmmm...
but Im gonna predict that the Spandex queens will NOT even be allowed IN , unless each of them is accompanied by a MALE .. in this new " Plaza"

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

When it's finished, I'm sure there will be distinct lines between private and public space. Terraced private space with fencing and key card gates. The developed space on private property will be 100% inaccessible to the public. Public access only to the beach on both ends and maybe in the middle.

No "boardwalk". Then who wants to use the beach sand to stroll back and forth? Even using the plazas as hang out areas will probably be discouraged.

Reactions: jd426

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
What specifically would you be demonstrating against?
Against the destruction of
  • what is left from the beauty of nature
  • the barracks. First I did not like them, but always had a good time in them
  • source of income of the poor
In short against construction work on the beach cutting trees or removal of the barracks.

Think now that there will be no reason for resistance, because all work will stop soon. The total collapse of american and european economics and meltdown of the USD and EUR come to the rescue for nature, however not for the people. This plan as well as many many others will be canceled by economic coercion this year. Will take many years until such plans will be resumed, if ever.

Alexander

Reactions: Gadfly

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If they do that they will be taking away space from the privileged clientele these new improvements are designed for.
Hmmmmmmmm....
Private property indeed.
It will certainly allow them to discriminate against those of you who do not past their smell
test so I guess you can get in where you fit in or get the ckuf out ;)

Playeros no tienen derechos de impedir transformación de Playa Sosúa, la ciudad quiere el proyecto.
FULL EPISODE BELOW:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I give up. Why? I sure hope they do do something else though.
The video was done by those who are involved in the project. It shows what they want to do.
Will they actually start and finish it that way? That is the question.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just watched the video. The beach vendors stopped the initial work to be done.
The vendors realize they are going to be GONE..

Fabio Garcia is not being kind in his commentary regarding the beach vendors.

Remember that tear gas I mentioned many posts ago? I bet they are going to need it soon along with about 100 PN.
The vendors realize they have no power, no real agreements were made with them, and will likely put up a fight.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Only had time to watch a little of the video, but it sounded like Fabio thinks this is a good opportunity for the vendors(?).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone asking for pictures on the excavation of the hill can watch that same video. Sure looks like the walls of the excavation are stable for the new "plaza" to be built there.