Excavation on Hill in Sosúa

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Just watched the video. The beach vendors stopped the initial work to be done.
The vendors realize they are going to be GONE..

Fabio Garcia is not being kind in his commentary regarding the beach vendors.

Remember that tear gas I mentioned many posts ago? I bet they are going to need it soon along with about 100 PN.
The vendors realize they have no power, no real agreements were made with them, and will likely put up a fight.
Many owners are extrajeros. They won't fight for those shacks

Reactions: CristoRey and jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Only had time to watch a little of the video, but it sounded like Fabio thinks this is a good opportunity for the vendors(?).
Fabio thinks the renovation is a great opportunity for Sosua and the vendors have no right to stop the work as they did. He was very much against the discussion by the association people and stopped short from saying what he really wanted to say about the association. He said it was a fault of respect against the POTDR.

The reality for the vendors, as is being discussed at length here what will really happen, remains to be seen since there is NO way all of them will still have businesses. The association spokesman did mention there were no signed agreements.

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Only had time to watch a little of the video, but it sounded like Fabio thinks this is a good opportunity for the vendors(?).
Not all of the vendors seem to think so.
Scroll to the 12:55 minute segment and you'll hear them voice their concerns.

Feb 16, 2016
-
Private property indeed.
It will certainly allow them to discriminate against those of you who do not past their smell
test so I guess you can get in where you fit in or get the ckuf out ;)
Thank you for your eloquent assessment and expert dog whistle blowing. That is quite a tune.
I guess everyone should be taking showers 🚿 in order to enter the new development.
Is that what you are saying?

I know I won't need to. I am not the type to pay tourist prices.
I know what the value of things in the real 🇩🇴 economy.
I will continue to leave that to those of you with privilege.
Enjoy the new Sosua Beach.
You did say you would be spending your hard earned money there if they cleaned up the place.
Does it look clean enough for you in the video?

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Against the destruction of
  • what is left from the beauty of nature
  • the barracks. First I did not like them, but always had a good time in them
  • source of income of the poor
In short against construction work on the beach cutting trees or removal of the barracks.

Think now that there will be no reason for resistance, because all work will stop soon. The total collapse of american and european economics and meltdown of the USD and EUR come to the rescue for nature, however not for the people. This plan as well as many many others will be canceled by economic coercion this year. Will take many years until such plans will be resumed, if ever.

Alexander
Yes to part one, mind blowing part two, you could be right, I hope not

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
After almost 19 years, i never understood what screaming does to help an argument. Sometimes a culto forms at the neighbors' and you hear the padre screaming at the top of his lungs for an hour. When "periodistas" scream what are they accomplishing? When neighbors scream at one another when they are a few feet away... Ugh. I think it was a Denzel movie i heard "the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
After almost 19 years, i never understood what screaming does to help an argument. Sometimes a culto forms at the neighbors' and you hear the padre screaming at the top of his lungs for an hour. When "periodistas" scream what are they accomplishing? When neighbors scream at one another when they are a few feet away... Ugh. I think it was a Denzel movie i heard "the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room".
The screams accomplish nothing in the end when decisions have been made to proceed. As Fabio pointed out, the beach association has no say in this . The PN and teargas that will likely be needed are a different story.

How long will the government tolerate a work stoppage by the beach association? One day, one week?

As for the world economy derailing this already budgeted project, perhaps that could happen.

My wife, who is Dominican, loved the plans from the government Fabio showed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At 9;00 minutes in Danny mentions Sosua beach and predicts privatization for Sosua as well.
He might also finally understand he does not have a business there for long as reality hits home for his Malibu Beach Bar on Sosua Beach.

My question is how are the hotels in Bayahibe blocking access to public beaches and getting away with it?

If the mods want to make a separate thread about this, please do. But the question is how does Hilton (and others in Bayahibe shown in this video) get away with keeping people off a public beach within the 60 meter mark when they can access that part of the beach from another section of the beach?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
At 9;00 minutes in Danny mentions Sosua beach and predicts privatization for Sosua as well.
He might also finally understand he does not have a business there for long as reality hits home for his Malibu Beach Bar on Sosua Beach.

My question is how are the hotels in Bayahibe blocking access to public beaches and getting away with it?

If the mods want to make a separate thread about this, please do. But the question is how does Hilton (and others in Bayahibe shown in this video) get away with keeping people off a public beach within the 60 meter mark when they can access that part of the beach from another section of the beach?

Unless something has changed, it’s the same with the Hamaca in Boca Chica. You can only access the beach if you enter from the water.

• Angry
Reactions: windeguy

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
My question is how are the hotels in Bayahibe blocking access to public beaches and getting away with it? (… etc )
Greasing palms $ of those in power is my guess.

(I’ve been denied beaches fronting resorts by their security guards in Juan dolió and punta cana. The entire beach. Paid guests only. Go back, you can not pass.)

Big

Apr 24, 2019
money talks and the other stuff walks. Collectively which draws more revenue; the beach casitas or the 200 to 300 chicas working the town ?

Reactions: Gadfly