exciting (for food lovers) news in sosua

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
AZB said:
This is a fishy thread. A great review from a new poster, then the menu is posted. I wonder whats next?

Thats so true ... but we are talking about a bar that is well known to, and well liked by many DR1'ers. So, we'll let it run for a little. I have had complaints as this looks like spam to most.

Bear with me till we know what this oesophagus is all about. He might just be a genuine good food critic which will be cool for all of us. :paranoid: If not, no problem, we'll just wring his gullet. ;)

Last edited:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Dori gets my vote!!

When we lived in ProCab we'd eat at his place often ... never had a complaint and he'd make super-spicy for us on request :D

Stay well,
Amy

patrikim

May 5, 2004
hi amy!

thanks for the vote, guess now i'll have to forgive u for the time i had to come by your house to get my plates back... LOL...
so when do we get to see your pretty face here at the new place?
oh, and do bring the little one with u, we now have hot dogs & fries, or burgers for kids (or for grownup infidels)
dori.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My final .02 Baht

I ate at Eddy's on opening night and enjoyed the food. I ate there a second time while watching a game at the bar with my "date", She did not like the food because it was too spicy for her bland Dominican taste buds. So I got to eat her food as well, (more food for me).

I have no idea who started this thread, or whether they are a Sock Puppet or shill for Dori. Yes it does seem odd for a person to post for the first time that lives in Cabarete!

I posted the menu because I happened to have seen it on another part of the internet and thought I would share it.

If I violated some sacred advertising policy of DR1 management, feel free to delete my post/close this thread. Otherwise let it die a peaceful death.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Tamborista said:
If I violated some sacred advertising policy of DR1 management, feel free to delete my post/close this thread. Otherwise let it die a peaceful death.

No way, just now we have a good food critic and we can all live vicariously through his/her gastronomic experiences... :bunny:

It just looked funny in the context Tamborista - and the post was reported as spam from some very long time DR1 members. As I'm learning here, many sockpuppets and many spammers post something and immediately support themselves under the 'multiple personality' syndrome. For me, I really look forward to a good food critic's input on the board. Let's wait for the next restaurant. Yummmmm!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Dori!! Good to see you're still around. I'll be off to Scotland during the first week in April but now where I know you are I'll stop by if I pass through Sosua before I leave.

Stay well,
Amy

P.S. yea, lol, sorry about the plates!! :bunny:

Quinny

Oct 29, 2005
Where is this restaurant? Sorry... I don't know where Eddies is but do know where Rocky's, La Rocha and Super Super are. A bunch of us are coming at the end of April and would love to try this menu. PS - There is a great Thai restaurant that recently reopened up the road of the International School. Very good and reasonably priced.

patrikim

May 5, 2004
welcome!

hi quinny,
if you know where super super is, just take that turn off pedro klisante,
and on to ayuntamiento, pass the municipality hall on your right hand side
and keep on going for another 100 yards, or so, where you'll see eddies &
ASIATICO... ( at the second bump, on the right)
we'll love to have u as our guest!
(pls. tell me it's u when u get here)
dori @ ASIATICO

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Gullet, why not review Rockys in Sosua? We would all like your opinion on the ribs.

Dominicandickk

Sep 7, 2004
Tell me more.

I am a lover of Thai food, and certainly interested in all of your comments on this subject. I frequent the Thai restaurant, Chili's, in La Mulata, an outstanding place to dine. I am looking forward to eating at the place you speak of so highly. I'll get back to you on this.

the gullet

Mar 22, 2006
what a great idea!!!

YEAH, let's start a free for all vote among dr1 readers and employees,
which will be the next restaurant i critique, and while at it, why not suggest
when too? real dominican stile democracy.... lol.
steve.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
SKY said:
He might have to wear a mask so they don?t recognize him!
Hahahaha, a good one. I have a feeling this new comer to Dr1 (hahaha) can't enter many establishments in sosua and cabarete unless he wears a mask or cover his face with bandages. I am still wondering: a self proclaimed food critic only starts posting by mentioning dori's restaurant and no mention of any place else in the north coast? Ok, I am biting the bait. Please review rocky's ribs and post a review? I can't wait to hear that one.
AZB

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
crack me up

I returned home yesterday at last and am sitting here with Dori as I write.

Am delighted to see the 'grande' Thai menu again, whew it's been too long since Pro Cab. Dori is a bona fide first rate chef, he's run fine restaurants around the world and, frankly, the food always speaks for itself, as many DR1ers know.

The other nonsense is just typical online paranoia. Anyone who would like a refresher on Dori's capabilities, for past kudos, simply do a search for Izakaya or 'sushi' in Pro Cab. Wasn't a problem then to say good things about him. sheesh.

btw, Dori knows Steve, he ain't no sock puppet. And, the masked one, the terrible unnamed, so happens was having a liquid dinner with me at time of one of those postings. LOL

Get a life, people. Hey, AZB... next time you're in town, let's go for dinner. Maybe I can persuade Dori to get the gullet in here same time and get a pic of you too together. hee hee. :)

D

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Thanks, Marco. Well, technically, you haven't 'seen' me back yet. But I stopped in on Friday, saw Milka and Celia to say 'hi'. You weren't at home. lol You know, in the past 7 months, I've only been home 7.5 weeks. pathetic.

btw, I'm not a rib person ... so my 'dish' at Rocky's has always been the garlic chicken and mashed potatoes. Second, the shish kebobs. As anyone can verify with Ted, I may have invented the garlic sauce over mashed potatoes. :) I believe that's the way he orders his now.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
dawnwil said:
And, the masked one, the terrible unnamed, so happens was having a liquid dinner with me at time of one of those postings. LOL

Get a life, people. Hey, AZB... next time you're in town, let's go for dinner. Maybe I can persuade Dori to get the gullet in here same time and get a pic of you too together. hee hee. :)

D
I am sure steve is a geniuine poster but I am also sure of who persuaded him to write the review. Now I have heard dori is a great chef so I am convinced he doesn't need some review which may have been orchestrated by someone who himself is not allowed to post on DR1.
i am sure dori can hold on his own. Good luck to him in his new ambitions.
AZB

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Nope. Escott had no idea. That's why I posted... I hate to see the issue of a new restaurant opening here and serving great Thai/Japanese food obliterated by other people's assumptions. It's wrong. And the assumptions are wrong, in this case.

I don't find it at all surprising that someone would think a review of Dori's was a good way to make a first posting. It's too easy to have nothing new to add to these boards with all the regulars who know it all already. hee hee. And that's only a little tongue in cheek. Since I've moved here, I find I think twice about posting just for the sake of posting... only when I have info others seem not to have, do I have a go at it. My interest is in providing good information.

I know it is more a social thing for many, which is cool. I prefer to limit my time online... too easy to get caught up in people tussles, like watching a tennis match, or I suppose mud wrestling or soap opera TV would be better comparisons. :) I don't have the time for the drama.

that's my final word on it. Except... the gullet's review is for real and right on the money.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
dawnwil said:
I find I think twice about posting just for the sake of posting... only when I have info others seem not to have, do I have a go at it. My interest is in providing good information.
I am glad you cleared that out for everyone because many were beggining to think you only post when you have to defend scott or approve his behavior. Anyway, nice to have you back.
AZB