expat married to a dominicana advice

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Well , thank god it happend now before you bring her over. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise. Before it does go any further and you spend any more money. I would not send anymore money, as she clearly now is showing you that she is only using you for you money. Tell her to go get a job, and earn her money. Let her see how hard it is to make aliving. She could have aleast waited till she gets over by you, before she starts showing her true colors. Hey who knows how many guys she playing, till she gets what she wants. She seems to know what she's doing. I would think long and hard about your future with this women and be careful what you do from here on out. Good luck.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I agree with Miguel on this one. You left behind your wife and went back to the States where I am sure you are living quite comfortably, since you have money to go back to the DR every couple of months?

You wanted to marry her, I don't think you need to be complaining about supporting her.

Step up buddy!

Feb 7, 2007
The OP has quite some history... I agree with Miguel... if the things are as OP says, then the previous OP's posts do not make sense. he was giving advise to others, and now he cannot use his own advise for himself? strange... Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/58022-wife.html#post473777

if you had a new wife and kids in the dr and you left for the states and worked there while waiting for visas and supporting everyone, what would be your main concern?

http://www.dr1.com/forums/427168-post39.html

hey buddy just be caareful. I mean mine turned into a psychotic screaming lunatic monster. SHe quickly transformed into a screaming, yelling person who has a prblem with everything around her. This all came from a quiet, shy girl who would not even dare to make one rude comment. I would not do it unless you plan to be ready for a divorce or to run and hide somewhere. the desperation in some poeple is so great that they really will do anything to escape their situation. you might make a wrog choice and get a real surprise when someone is into all of your pockets and screaming at you 24-7 and threatening you not to have sex. and starting arguments every hour or two and making rude, degrading comments every hour. I am with her now but i spend no time with her because she is so mean and nasty and I work two jobs.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-...ing-marriage-dominican-lady-5.html#post431178

ok, to sum it all up, dr women are.....they want money and to see places outside of the dr. it will corrupt them to get a foreign guy. it is too much f
or them. all they know is dr. the typical dr girl sees it and loses her mind because it is so amazing.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/57796-urgent-marriage-advise-5.html#post475368

OK, dr women are not with you unless they want something. that includes us dominican men. you are a tourist so you just dont see it like a local would.

in my years on the island, i saw girls using guys for everything they could get. when you get such pretty girls in poerty they use their looks to get everything.

but, when the girl really likes you, she becomes your superwoman, she is literally crazy about you and would slice up other women with a machete if you cheated.

well i just gave you some serious schooling on dr and dr women, i hope you took notes, i am not a tourist or a foreigner like you are.

look my advise for you....realize dr is justa tiny bit poooorrrr pobre pobrecito. that girl probably did not even eat decent meals for days and lived in a tiny hut off with sewer type water to wash and bath and crying kids at home. you on the other hand...you go back to the states and take it all for granted. yes, she was using you but they all wont use you like that, just find one who wont use you, find one you feel you can trust more and go from there. but you go into the poorest island in the hemisphere, i dont know what you expected. yes US DOMINICANS use each other too. we will use anything we can get to survive and not die of hunger. DUHHHH but, there are some really good people. churches, and respectful places full of people. but ummm, dont come back until you are ready to be an aggressive, poor caribbeanite ready to be on the prowl to get what you need from people. i am trying to xplain her mindset. ok what would you do if some rich lady came into your poverty island. you date her, you cheat on your man, maybe you dump your man, you sit there with no food and think how to get what you need. you see some ugly nast rich lady and you go alll out to win her over. but at the same time you use your family, you eat the last pieces of food, you use your friends, you use the island, you use taxi drivers. it is how it works when you have nothing. you just use everything around you. ok, my dominian behind just told you how it works if you come back just look around you and see the hunger in people. also in such a romantic culture,...hmmm..ok it runs like this.....the women crave some guy's thing 24/7 as they listen to music and live. they cant survive without it. they will kill of shoot for their man..they wil take a machete and commit suicide if their man is lost. it all sounded to me liek you jut did not know the culture. ok so find a girl that......has you as her man, her soulmate dominican style and she wont use you or anything.

Lady_Laura

Aug 21, 2007
I can?t believe you guys are falling for it wasting your time giving valuable advises. :ermm:
Do you really think this Santiagohombre dude is for real???. He hasn?t even replied once. IMO,This sound like something just made up to get us going..:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I can?t believe you guys are falling for it wasting your time giving valuable advises. :ermm:
Do you really think this Santiagohombre dude is for real???. He hasn?t even replied once. IMO,This sound like something just made up to get us going..:bunny::bunny::bunny:
Which is why several posters replied with one liners.

Santiagohombre1

Jun 1, 2006
pregnant

OK, false alarm everyone. She turns out to be pregnant. That is a very good excuse. SHe was scared I would leave her or say it was from someone else or I would not have the money. Everything is ok. I will keep sending breaking my bank aco**** by sending 1200+ dollars per month and paying for our 5 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms AC, satellite tv, one rottweiller, internet and the Yipeeta and the 2 motocochos. I guess I am cheap. I wish I had more money. I think you guys misunderstood everything. I did not say everything. We have our issues but the part I did not say is we love each other to death. Once in a while we have our issues but I don't think I will ever leave her. Now, I grew up exposed to poverty as a dr american guy. I used to be sent back and forth from our house in park slope in brooklyn new york to spend summers and long periods of time in a shack outside of santo domingo. I love the dr to death, dr is the number one country in the world. My girl is number one also. I gave advice to other people to show them what could happen wrong. I asked for advice myself when I panicked one day. I thought that there was another guy and then I put this post up to see if anyone else thought the same thing.

Santiagohombre1

Jun 1, 2006
We also have two laptops and I am working on getting her a chocolate phone and putting a chip in, right now she has a 300 dollar phone, I think you guys read into everything too far. The cheap phone was for me. The cheap computer was also for me to put into our guest room. It turned out to only be 600 dollars.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Now that he has replied maybe it is time to close this thread.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
For the love of .....who seriously would go online and boast to a bunch of strangers about all their "worldly" possessions...talk about insecure...what BS :paranoid:

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
Santiagohombre,

Do you know what game is? That is the ability to attract women and keep women interested in you. I am a married guy now, but these rules still apply. You have to believe in your mind that she is happier to be with you than you are to be with her. I don't know what materialistic stuff you have. Its really bad form to mention what things you own and your monthly bills when people aren't asking you. Leads me to believe you are lying (or exaggerating) or very insecure. Either option is pretty sad. When you start worrying about what she's doing and she's not concerned about what you are doing, you have problems. Been the same way since I started liking girls in junior high school. I had my wife in Santo Domingo a long time apart from me when we dated. It was hard, but I never let jealousy or doubt get the best of me. You have to be mentally strong my friend. Keep your game tight. As far as the materialistic side of it, if you gave her a bad impression early on of what type of lifestyle she would be living, that's on you. In the words of my mom "when you have money problems, you either have to make more money or learn to live with less" and like my dad used to say "you'd be surprised what a women will put up with if she really loves you". Keep your game tight.

Santiagohombre1

Jun 1, 2006
i mean i have serious serious marriage problems, i dont even think this is my kid. this is the newest new and i dont know how to respond. i asked for advice. i did not ask to get ripped. i mean i know some of you smelled blood but please try not to act like sharks, i am very vulnerable here.

Feb 7, 2007
At first I though santiagohombre was just being ironic, about the pregnancy stuff, and the "counting" of his earthly possessions in the DR and his monthly household expense... but reading his further responses I think he was really bragging. Usually such people need to boost their ego.

Friendly advise, no insult meant:
Time for a psychologist! And it's really not shameful, and actually pleasant and relieving!

Santiagohombre1

Jun 1, 2006
look, she just called and chewed my ear out and told me she is not going to talk to me tongiht because i would not send money to buy her a new 100 dollar telefone which I really can't afford. this is getting ugly, i better stop putting this stuff onto here cuz you guys will misunderstand what i am saying.