Expats and The Regularization Plan

Expats, what's your situation regarding the regularization plan?

• I'm a Dominican citizen.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I've been legal since before the plan started.

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • I regularized my status after the plan started.

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I'm in the process of regularizing.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • I'm illegal and will stay put.

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I'm illegal and planning to leave the country soon.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Maco,

Contact the Embassy of the Dominican Republic in your home country and ask them. They'll tell you what you need to do to get the process started.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I hate going to Migration with all the stupid people and crazy regulations. One example the no crime report from your local city of birth. I was born in transit and never lived in the city of my birth. I had to find and pay a lawyer to go and explain to the police department what this strange request was for. The police department never herd of this. $500 dollars more for cost of process . The thing for Dominican migration to do that would be smart is to have you get one from your home of residence not birth. Many Americans never live in the city of their birth. This is only one of the many irrational requirements .

The requirement for citizens of the USA is for a apostilled fingerprinted check from the FBI - not from the city of your birth. You go to any local police precint, have your prints taken, send them to the FBI, then send them to the State department for an apostille.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The requirement for citizens of the USA is for a apostilled fingerprinted check from the FBI - not from the city of your birth. You go to any local police precint, have your prints taken, send them to the FBI, then send them to the State department for an apostille.

AND in Canada it is an RCMP report.

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
I guess you think it's not a good idea? I've been going there for 8+ years and my eyes are wide open. Just trying to make a small income and get out of the cold. Was hoping to count on some expats support.

"Bar & Restaurant" in Sosua????
Why didn't anyone else ever think of THAT???????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I guess you think it's not a good idea? I've been going there for 8+ years and my eyes are wide open. Just trying to make a small income and get out of the cold. Was hoping to count on some expats support.

Where did you come from?

What bar is it?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Leaving Freezing cold Boston! The Midtown Sousa Restaurant...Heard of it??

I ate once there. It was not bad. Across from the Metro Bus pick up area. I think the location suffers from being "hidden". Nice locale once you are inside.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To far away from Down Town Sosua the get the expats you will need to survive!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Why pay 150,000 for a bar/rest when you can start a new one for 20 0r 30 thousand?????
In the heart of the city.

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
To far away from Down Town Sosua the get the expats you will need to survive!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Why pay 150,000 for a bar/rest when you can start a new one for 20 0r 30 thousand?????
In the heart of the city.

Well first of all it's IN DOWNTOWN SOSUA!!!! Secondly, I only paid about a 1/4 of the $150K you mentioned and its established and already profitable!! Rated in the top 5 places to eat in all of Sosua!!

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
I ate once there. It was not bad. Across from the Metro Bus pick up area. I think the location suffers from being "hidden". Nice locale once you are inside.

You're right, it is kinda hidden and is still profitable. I will be marketing it more. The food is AWESOME!!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
My situation is not an option on the poll, technically. I have been living in DR since 2006 full time, except< I traveled 70-80% of the time for work. Never overstayed tourist card etc.
I am currently unemployed, on vacation in US and once back in DR will decide whet the future holds. IT looks like staying or having at least one foot in DR may be in the cards, but likely will be traveling way less either way. So, I will start the residency/citizenship process here at DR consulate in Miami maybe next week.