FA Cup Final at Eddy's

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
One of the perks of the Business. Next week I have been invited by Mazda to take the new RX-8 for a few laps around the track. Next month I will be doing 2 racing drivers schools. Even got a brand new complimentary Bell Helmet to protect my fragile brain.

You can't compare F-1 fans to Nascar fans. Yes, NASCAR gets more fans at their events but F-1 has much better demographic numbers. We(racing media) call it the "Babe Factor". Money and racing attract a certain class of women. So series are based on the quality of the women at their events. The better quality of women the more money being spent by the fans.
The "Babe Factor" is as follows from best to worst:

1. F-1
2 Champcars(CART)
3. ALMS
4. AMA Superbikes
5. Trans-Am
6. Grand-Am
7. IRL
8. SCCA
9. NHRA

99. NASCAR.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Tony, you are hereby invited up to my neck of the woods for either of the 2 Pocono races or Keystone Nat'ls at Maple grove. I will provide the hospitality pass thru my paint distributor and accompany you to view the sights (girls,screw the cars). hot, Hot and HOT. Give me the big breasted bikini top with cut-off jean shorts wearin' farmers daughter with a can of Bud Nascar fan ANYDAY to the Kate Moss look-a-like with a Perrier from F-1. Just my most humble of opinion.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Randy,

Thanks for the invite. No need for the passes as I get Media credentials.
I have been to events sanctioned by all of the Major Motorsports Series in the US and NASCAR cannot not compare to the women at a F1 or CART race.
Call me strange but I prefer my women with all of their teeth and sober at least till lunch time. But Hey! To each his own I guess!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
A question for Eddy

Eddy, do you know why Eurosport only is avalable in the french version on the cable net in Sosua. Going to stay there the whole winter, and ofcourse would have prefered the Eurosport Nordic, but I really can't understand why they send the frenc, and not the english version ?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eurosport

They get it off the stallite that sends the signal from France to Guadeloupe/Martinique. I will check to see if it's available in English in this area and try to get the cable company to change the language preference on their receiver to English. I doubt it very much though as it is from France.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
All their teeth? Not a true hick sport anymore, as you should know it's gone mainstream. Sober till lunch.... Hey it gotta be noon somewhere! My watch is always set for "beer thirty"

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
RandyE said:
All their teeth? Not a true hick sport anymore, as you should know it's gone mainstream.

At the last Winston Cup Race in Miami I wore a Ferrari F-1 hat. I can't tell you how many times I was Called "Fag" or "Spic" by the "mainstream" Fans as me and my buddies strolled through the parking lot counting Confederate flags. We stopped at 50.
True NASCAR has tried to go mainstream and in someways it has suceeded. But its core base is still white, Lower middle-class trailer trash. If you don't count the workers there were only a few hundred latin fans there and even less Black fans. And this in a county that is 50% Latin and 20% black.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Why'd ya wear the hat, then?
My husband has enjoyed NASCAR since he was a kid. He has all of his teeth, and has never lived in a trailer.
Maybe they were just funnin' ya.
How was the race?
mk

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
mkohn said:
Why'd ya wear the hat, then?
mk

2 reasons: To keep the sponsor of my show happy and to piss of the crackers.

The race was just like all the other Winston Cup races. Lost of Technologically Challenged bricks driving around in a circle. actually I did my interviews then when the green flag dropped I went home to watch the CART race on TV.

I have a great Pic on this subject but you can't post attachments in this fourm for some reason. Timex what gives?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Seriously, Anna, is that the grandchild you were raving about not too long ago? Which side of the family does he/she favor?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Only moderators and admins are allowed to post attachments.

It will not be opened up to regular users... well maybe Gold posters?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok you guys you're killing me. I thought my pussy was kind of cute.
Ken that's the animal side of the family.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tony C said:
At the last Winston Cup Race in Miami I wore a Ferrari F-1 hat. I can't tell you how many times I was Called "Fag" or "Spic" by the "mainstream" Fans as me and my buddies strolled through the parking lot counting Confederate flags. We stopped at 50.
So, most of the fans couldn't read, or you and your buddies couldn't count past 50?
I don't get it?
:cool:
mk
PS Maybe that sponsor should cough up some freebies. Ya never know where that next F-1 fan will come from.

Sorry HB couldn't resist getting in on thr hijack, what the heck is FA anyway?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That means......

FA means Football Association

In England, back in the 1800s there was a division between those that wanted to use their hands-and became Rugby

Soccer in England is known as Association Football

FA Cup is the Superbowl of England. But without all the hype and fanfare...Really sort of ho-hum, it seems...

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ho-hum when you watch it from a distance, not ho-hum when your in England.

If anybody wants to see passion in action, go visit England when one of these are on. England vs Argentina, England vs Germany or England vs Scotland game.

It's the only time you will see the manager of the national electricity grid on the news. Millions of kettles being switched on for half-time creates a real surge :)

I'm rambling, HB is making me home sick....