Famous people at Thanksgiving dinner

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
O M G.. this is "PRICELESS"

Hehe, wait until you all meet Dafishguy and his reason for living... Mrs. Dafishguy....

lol See you all soon. Marco, you all look like you had a fantastic Thanksgiving and your wife is BEAUTIFUL... Planner is quite cute, as well as many other DR1'ers. But DavidZ being very handsome?!?!?!? Must be a girl thing... :) Sorry DavidZ... Joking :)

I can't WAIT for Christmas and New Years at your place.... Should be a treat.

Richard

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
O M G.. this is "PRICELESS"

Hehe, wait until you all meet Dafishguy and his reason for living... Mrs. Dafishguy....

lol See you all soon. Marco, you all look like you had a fantastic Thanksgiving and your wife is BEAUTIFUL... Planner is quite cute, as well as many other DR1'ers. But DavidZ being very handsome?!?!?!? Must be a girl thing... :) Sorry DavidZ... Joking :)

I can't WAIT for Christmas and New Years at your place.... Should be a treat.

Richard

which one do you think is Marco's wife???? lol

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
T'day Kudos

We had great fun meeting everyone.Thanks for the great feast as well as the great company.
We appreciate all Marco & others did to make our 1st DR Thanksgiving so special.
Thanks,
Abuela & Beachbob

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks for adding in the names, Rocky. It's nice to be able to picture who's posting what. Wish we could have been there - have been thinking about Rocky's Bar all day.

Freezing my *** off up here. It's a good night to keep your brass monkey inside.

A

apostropheman

indeed i do!
Mae West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
maewest2.jpg
maewest.jpg

i always thought she was a mermaid :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
Remember the old Mae West line?

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
While that Thanksgiving dinner was the pinnacle of success and perfection, it leaves me with a new problem.
How can we ever top that?
How can we even match it?
Having turned down 30 people or so, will I have to pizz off 30 people each time?
That's not a good thing, you know.
We could bump it back up to 100, but it would never be s good as the 60 to 65 crowd.
And let's not forget that Curt, Sandi & Sue had everything to do with the meal being so awesome.
What do we do if they're not around.
I guess I have a whole year to think about it.
I can't tell you all how great it was to be able to join you for the party.
For me, it was simply the best and I'll never forget it.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just hire some more staff to manage the extra people so you don't have to work.
Been there, done that.
It doesn't work.
Everybody's just tripping over each other.
Service diminishes, it's less personal for the guests.
The proof is in the pudding.
We've been doing the 100 parties for years now, and as much fun as they might have been, they didn't hold a candle to this one.

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
Been there, done that.
It doesn't work.
Everybody's just tripping over each other.
Service diminishes, it's less personal for the guests.
The proof is in the pudding.
We've been doing the 100 parties for years now, and as much fun as they might have been, they didn't hold a candle to this one.

How about splitting it into two small events? One for the Canadian Thanksgiving in October and the normal US one, each one mutually exclusive and it would give two dates for people to try and schedule.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How about splitting it into two small events? One for the Canadian Thanksgiving in October and the normal US one, each one mutually exclusive and it would give two dates for people to try and schedule.
Thanks for the suggestion, but i think that I would rather turn down people above our max, than segregate the Canadians from the Americans, after all, this party takes place on the US Thanksgiving date, but certainly is not exclusive to Americans.
Can you see me telling a Canadian that he can't come to the American one and vice versa?

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Can you see me telling a Canadian that he can't come to the American one and vice versa?

Personally, I'd like to see you tell this Canadian that she has to cook a turkey, but can't come for dinner! Go ahead.....just try it! :cheeky: