Farewell to Pi2 (aka Xanadu).... R.I.P.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My condolences to his friends and relatives.

If a bona fide DR1 poster had not confirmed he was genuine, I would have remained convinced he was a random internet prankster who had never been near the DR.

If he truly practiced what he preached, he has my respect. But I could never work out why he would attack people who definitely do practice what they preach, like Mountainannie.

BTW, he was not "Xanadu" but yanandu and yapaski before his last incarnation as pi2. There was a poster here a long time ago who used a handle that included Xanadu, with an ego bigger than the universe, but he disappeared into his own black hole.

Also a very intelligent but strange person.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
AltoEgo really said it best

OP here-- Thanks to the Moderator who copied my message about Steve from another thread and posted for more people to see--

And I believe AltoEgo really said it best:

May it also serve to remind us all that showing a little compassion to those who seem 'different' is the right thing to do.

Amen!
Susan

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
RIP ... and my condolences to his family!

I knew he was real. We had traded some PMs. and he was a very different personality there. He even gave me his contact info.

Different, yes, but he was serious about what he believed in. He knew he was being teased. But he also knew that there was some respect for those beliefs.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Makes you stop and think as we banter (some good and some bad) back and forth that until we have walked in someone else's shoes we never really know. His concept was good, save the earth, his ways of doing it just were odd at times. But you have to give respect to someone who believes in their convictions. Life is too short sometimes.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i must say i feel like a bully now. yes, he did pi** me off immensely, being often so far off the mark and drifting towards some unrealistic solutions. but be was not a stupid man. and dedicated to his cause.

this will be a constant reminder for me not to get cross with posters here :(

as far as TB... such a shame. this disease is on the roll again, like the blast from the past, after so many thought it was nearly eradicated or controlled. i know the medication for TB sucks and in worst cases therapy with antibiotics can last even two years. i am surprised he was not forced into treatment. i know that in poland, and also in the UK this is a notifiable illness and new cases need to be reported. in PL the treatment used to be compulsory and fully paid by the government (that was post was reality), not sure about now...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He may have been a man of means....kept talking about his properties in Spain and London as I recall..... he could support that w/ land/housing prices.

He may have fooled everybody..... seaweed salads were for real, I expect:D

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Both Ellie and I enjoyed reading the "back-and-forth" postings that occurred whenever he got involved in a thread. Where we did not agree with his perception and way of thinking sometimes, we were impressed by the way he "stuck to his guns" regarding his beliefs despite the fact others did not agree with his view of things.
Life just got a little bit more boring without him
R.I.P. and we hope he didn't suffer at the end.
Respectfully.
Ian & Ellie

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
i must say i feel like a bully now. yes, he did pi** me off immensely, being often so far off the mark and drifting towards some unrealistic solutions. but be was not a stupid man. and dedicated to his cause.

this will be a constant reminder for me not to get cross with posters here :(

as far as TB... such a shame. this disease is on the roll again, like the blast from the past, after so many thought it was nearly eradicated or controlled. i know the medication for TB sucks and in worst cases therapy with antibiotics can last even two years. i am surprised he was not forced into treatment. i know that in poland, and also in the UK this is a notifiable illness and new cases need to be reported. in PL the treatment used to be compulsory and fully paid by the government (that was post was reality), not sure about now...

well in the DR, i think that you are banned from getting your cedula if something shows up on the chest xray.. i mean they do not care about lung cancer, right?

So he may have known that he had cancer and decided to come here and not be forced into treatment for TB.

ye gods.. Are they getting it in England and the States again?

Thought we had whopped that one.

but it is contaigious, is it not?

glomarexplorer

Nov 17, 2010
It would be hard to believe that this gentleman, with whom I engaged in so many discussions with opposing views, is now gone. He was a character on par with with Doc Brown from the "Back to the Future" movies trilogy. He used to refer to me as "The Planet Trasher", in spite of the fact that I work in the auto industry providing alternative energy powertrains to clean up the environment. I used to refer to him as "Mucho Loco."

I have to admit that I was beginning to acknowledge his extended absence and missed his wild and far out postings. It never occurred to me that he had passed on.

Mucho Loco, wherever you are in our galaxy, you are sadly missed and I hope your existence here was satisfying and your exit painless. Please rest in peace and forgive me if I ever offended you, for everything stated was in the heat of battle, between gladiators.

With much regret about your passing,

MJEV, "The Planet Trasher".