Farewell to Pi2 (aka Xanadu).... R.I.P.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
He was definitely one of my favorites. He drove me crazy... he made me laugh... and gave me plenty of "ammunition" to fire back at him, (which he usually took well and with a click of the "like" button). His constant bashing of the U.S. had me pounding the hell out of my keyboard ... his perspective and observations always gave me pause to contemplate (even when they were so exaggerated as to loose credence) ... and I'll miss his UNIQUE style of writing and expressing himself. There will be no more "Talk Like a Pi-Rate Day". I am truly sorry to never have met him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ye gods.. Are they getting it in England and the States again?
Thought we had whopped that one.
but it is contaigious, is it not?

yes, it is contagious but not as much as you may think. one of my aunts had (has?) TB and her husband and kids never got infected.
on the other hand in the world roughly one person every second is infected with tuberculosis bacteria...
it is making a come back for variety of reasons and in the states or europe mainly develops in people with HIV, old, sick or those with otherwise compromised immunity. and there are more strands that are immune to treatment, partly due to mutations and partly due to the fact that many people never finish their course of antibiotics, which can take even two years to complete.

in any case, quite ironic really. pi wanted to live the life as it was a hundred years ago and he was killed by the disease that a century ago claimed more lives than any other illness...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sad news. May he rest in peace and find 5? Cokes, and all the good things whereevery he may be. He stirred things up that perhaps needed to be stirred up.

Seems strange that with those illnesses he seemed so focused on saving money: For what?

HB

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Seems strange that with those illnesses he seemed so focused on saving money: For what?

It seemed to me that he enjoyed living simply, and in the end it seems that's what matters most--living in a way you enjoy. Perhaps his focus on eating healthy was also able to extend his life. I doubt that he changed who he was because he was sick, why would he?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I respect him, for even though he must have known that he had terminal illness' for quit a while,, he never played the "Sympathy Card"!
He wanted people to respond to his postings, NOT his illness'!
He is no doubt smiling to himself as he reads this thread.
"Here's To YOU !!!, "PI2"!
Tom

Feb 7, 2007
But he died of Cancer and tuberculosis ? In DR ?

according to
WHO | Tuberculosis

About one-third of the world's population has latent TB, which means people have been infected by TB bacteria but are not (yet) ill with disease and cannot transmit the disease.

People infected with TB bacteria have a lifetime risk of falling ill with TB of 10%. However persons with compromised immune systems, such as people living with HIV, malnutrition or diabetes, or people who use tobacco, have a much higher risk of falling ill.

If he had cancer, his immune system was more than likely a toast. And if he had been ever infected by TB bacteria in his lifetime (as 1/3 of the world population has been), the virus may have been dormant inside him and only started to emerge once his immune system was compromised. This article makes logical connection between the cancer and TB.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe it's just me, BUT, would it not be more appropriate to just post our condolences, and leave the speculations about what, why, and how, he passed out of our posts?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Think Yappy..... Yappy Yappy Doo...

Seaweed, solar, save the earth, watts per day, aluminum foil and sun for cooking......

He was either way ahead of or way behind his time

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Ok I am going to say it .....

I have the feeling it is a joke.

In a sense, I hope it is.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Maybe it's just me, BUT, would it not be more appropriate to just post our condolences, and leave the speculations about what, why, and how, he passed out of our posts?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yeah Chris, you have always been the sensitive one. ;)

Jan 3, 2003
This is a long time coming but I just found out and wanted to leave my condolences. I liked the guy and his posts. He had a way of expressing himself that was unique. Take care buddy!!!