Feedback Please - Those who currently live in DR most of the year

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
OOOOOOO DV. Do you have a recipie for black bean humus?

because i am lazy i use canned beans but you can use cooked and drained black beans:
1 can of black beans (or 1 cup of cooked and drained)
1 clove of garlic
3 spoons of olive oil
black pepper
handful of fresh parsley

throw everything in a food processor. if using cans do not add salt. if using cooked beans add a small pinch. it is very simple but delicious. not quite as good with other type of beans, mind you.

bronxboy, i sent you a pack of anthrax by post. :devious:

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Thanks DV - I am going to give it a shot here this weekend and see how it turns out.

because i am lazy i use canned beans but you can use cooked and drained black beans:
1 can of black beans (or 1 cup of cooked and drained)
1 clove of garlic
3 spoons of olive oil
black pepper
handful of fresh parsley

throw everything in a food processor. if using cans do not add salt. if using cooked beans add a small pinch. it is very simple but delicious. not quite as good with other type of beans, mind you.

bronxboy, i sent you a pack of anthrax by post. :devious:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Feed back for the OP. Great idea

We walk/run every morning ( hopefully ), or the dogs will destroy everything in the house...... ( we all need incentives.....)
And have noticed many more dominicans out walking in the morning ( cant ask why, cos we greet each other, at distance. ie dogs have aquired ( false ) reputation as man eaters:)
Eat our own fresh food ( much better $$wise ). But if we eat out we like greasy burgers and fries or fried fish or pizza.......

Anyway this end of summer project, will be to grow quinoa... and coral lentils ( the small pink ones ). Will give feed back. Unless everything goes tits up and I ll keep the failure to myself........

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
May have to wait a little bit longer -- I have to change my return date to mid September =(

Feed back for the OP. Great idea

We walk/run every morning ( hopefully ), or the dogs will destroy everything in the house...... ( we all need incentives.....)
And have noticed many more dominicans out walking in the morning ( cant ask why, cos we greet each other, at distance. ie dogs have aquired ( false ) reputation as man eaters:)
Eat our own fresh food ( much better $$wise ). But if we eat out we like greasy burgers and fries or fried fish or pizza.......

Anyway this end of summer project, will be to grow quinoa... and coral lentils ( the small pink ones ). Will give feed back. Unless everything goes tits up and I ll keep the failure to myself........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
F we greet each other, at distance. ie dogs have aquired ( false ) reputation as man eaters:)

i know what you mean. i see people run away or hide at the sight of our dogs. life of rottweilers, eh? but they make for good exercise, with all their strength.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yeah, discrimination is terrible.......... especially since they have never mauled anyone to death without my benedection.........