foreign couple killed in cabrera

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
virgo, any further post of yours in this thread that pushes your live-somewhere-else agenda will be deleted. i will not say it again.

also, i do not want to see any more personal attacks, guys.

Last edited:

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
The police report and all the newspapers have spelled the woman's name wrong, as usual. At least one has published an image of her passport, where her actual name is there for all to see.

The least they could do is to make sure the poor woman's name is spelled correctly, don't you think?

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=459418

Yes, but reading and writing is not their strongest point, mathematics is... :knockedou

As long as they don't write the place of birth as last name I think we can live with it...

Last edited:

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Bob and Audrey lived in Las Terrenas for a while and were a lovely couple-- Please keep the focus of this thread to updates on how/why they were murdered and not a debate on police corruption..... gracias.

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
Bob and Audrey lived in Las Terrenas for a while and were a lovely couple-- Please keep the focus of this thread to updates on how/why they were murdered and not a debate on police corruption..... gracias.
With all due respect, Susan, the point is that with all of the police corruption we may sadly never learn why they were murdered, or by whom. I think it is relevant. My condolences to their families, and to those who knew them. We can only hope now the killer(s) see justice.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there will be no further warnings. next off topic post will result in infraction.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
not likely, unless there are grounds for this.

Could be though. The murder of a Dutch couple in Costa Rica last week (found dead yesterday) will be investigated with help of the KLPD. I haven't seen anything in Dutch news sources on this Cabrera case though.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have just read another article which gives a little more detail.

Apparently , this was a vicious attack..... multiple wounds , faces, etc.

Sounds like it wasn't just a casual robbery..... sounds like some vengeance involved
Judging by the aggressiveness of the attack.

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
We just heard (3rd and news via a neighbor of the deceased, a.k.a. the rumor mill) that there was no sign of breaking and entering, nor theft, and that the house was still locked, with the keys inside. We heard they are considering maybe murder/suicide.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hmmm

suicide......... multiple head & face stabs..........

That might take some convincing........... for me, anyway

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the house was still locked, with the keys inside. We heard they are considering maybe murder/suicide.

yeah, because the idea of a second set of keys in unimaginable for some. eh.

el caribe picked on this and they are likely to follow up on the story, we'll see what happens.

DannyWings

Nov 17, 2015
SUICIDE?! I left the DR 3 years ago. This was one reason. How anyone can say they really feel safe in the DR is beyond me. At least once a week u read/hear of something like this. You cannot trust anyone and if you believe you can, you are only fooling yourself. I have lost track of the amount of ex-pats that have packed it in and moved elsewhere. To live on guard 27/7 is crazy. Being set-up by someone you know is not isolated but epidemic. Now the unions are protesting about wages. The entire judicial system is corrupt. I would not be surprised if during my lifetime there will be a revolution in the DR.

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
I have to say you have some good points but I was told by a Dominican friend a long time ago...Don't trust anyone and that included him.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
DR1 News earlier today has her correct name, but not the fact that she is from Aruba, although this can be seen in the image of her passport in the link in post 24.

Double murder in Cabrera
At least 38 people have been arrested in San Francisco de Macoris for questioning by the National Police Central Criminal Investigations Office (DICRIM), following the murder by stabbing of a foreign couple in the municipality of Cabrera.
The victims were identified as 70-year old Robert Thomas Tokarz, a US citizen, and a 57-year-old Dutch woman, Audrey Frances Janine Tromp. Both were found dead on Monday, 4 January 2016 inside their home in Los Farallones in Cabrera.
Given the condition of the bodies, they are believed to have died some days previously and the bodies have been sent to the National Institute of Forensic Science.
Read more in Spanish: http://www.citysantiago.com/2016/01/05/investiga-asesinato-pareja-extranjera-cabrera

SUICIDE?! I left the DR 3 years ago. This was one reason. How anyone can say they really feel safe in the DR is beyond me. At least once a week u read/hear of something like this. You cannot trust anyone and if you believe you can, you are only fooling yourself. I have lost track of the amount of ex-pats that have packed it in and moved elsewhere. To live on guard 27/7 is crazy. Being set-up by someone you know is not isolated but epidemic. Now the unions are protesting about wages. The entire judicial system is corrupt. I would not be surprised if during my lifetime there will be a revolution in the DR.

What DR did you live in? Sounds terrifying. Just so people do know, all of the DR is not like this. Most the places I pet sit at Windows/doors open 24/7. Same with my place, but I have 11 big dogs....