foreign couple killed in cabrera

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
i wonder why she's not listed.

she was right after the los Fallarones couple.... Jan 9, if I remember.

Current story is the body was burned before being discarded.
Hence the advanced state of composition, so they say.

Initially, it was thought to be too decomposed to be a recent death.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The takeaway for me , every time I read one of these Stories is, do NOT resist... cuz they will shoot you..
( we will never know what happened or if they did in fact resist or put up a struggle )
This is diametrically opposite of what I would do here in the US. esp in my own home.. but if you are an Elderly couple, just give it up, and dont make a fuss.. just get them to LEAVE..
Something tells me these Ladrones are so desperate for DROGAS or whatever that they just do not even factor in the Consequences of their actions, down the Road... Rationally you would think they know their Lives are worth DIRT if they take out a Gringo, or a couple, because its just really BAD Publicity for the DR and Tourism.. but they just dont factor that in when they pull the trigger.
In the US, I would like to think that an intruder is probably NOT going to kill you.. unless it personal or over a Lot of money..
Street Crimes are different,, less DNA evidence & they might shoot you just out of spite
.. But Going into someones Home and killing both of them over a Computer and pocket money ??
.. thats some real lowlife stuff.
I am sorry that the Cops shot the wrong kid in that one scenario.
But I kind of see why they do it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
jd4

there is lots of local chatter about this....

consensus is , it was not a random robbery.
the robbery part was happenstance... even a cover-up , perhaps

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there you go, WW. moved. if i missed a post let me know and i will move it too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i wonder about something. i think originally when it was reported some people were stressing that nothing was taken, then it's money, jewelry and laptops.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
not much was taken... very little.

not enough to stab you in the head several times.

Something doesn't add up...........

but, then the second issue ( if the same guys) doesn't make sense either
A female recluse..........

go figure

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Seems some may be giving low life desperate thugs too much credit....If they will kill you for a cell phone in the DR, it fits the overall profile IMHO