From DR to Cuba?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Do you really believe it is that easy! Cubans are free to travel- if the government decides that individual is entitled to.

Should I say this in English, Italian or Spanish? If you guys want to discuss what is wrong with Cuba go start your own thread. This thread is about how outsiders can get to Cuba.

Dios mio, que cabezas duras.:tired:

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
Left..i always try to stay away...(from politics)..but as a cubano i was actually alluding to people like you...totally insensitive to the suffering and enslavement of other human beings...you are not the slave right ? but..you... with your patronage of those criminals.... support just that.
(sorry anna)

Porkman, I see the larger point you are trying to make, and although I disagree with it, I respect your opinion. These are two well known approaches. I am hardly insensitive to the plight of Cubans; I just choose engagement. As this topic is about travel to Cuba....I strongly encourage it.

And to Anna C. and the others, I would say that to talk about getting to Cuba without bringing up the politics (esp. if one is an American) is probably impossible! (As you can see):classic: The two are inextricably linked. Every breath they take, and every step we make, is predicated on the political. From purchasing the airline ticket, to visas, to choosing which taxis to take, to what's for dinner.

As to staying on topic in general, I would say that, too is probably impossible! And some of those complaining here are the worst offenders! Trying to keep a DR1 blogster on topic is like trying to keep a thirsty Irishman away from the pub....it ain't gonna happen! Might as well pull up your stool, have yourself a pint, and enjoy the show. :)

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
P.S. Latest fares on Cubana de Aviacion show SDQ-HAV at USD $450 return for June. In general, flights and accommodation are cheaper in the summer....good deals to be had. Most expensive months are Jan-Mar, I think.