From the Overstating The Obvious Department:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"UK" is not part of the "Euro-Nation",and glad they aren't!
"Pichardo" is a "Man Without A Country"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was born and raised in the DR,but lives in Florida,USA!
Therefore,he can NEVER know what being an "AMERICAN" is all about.
He doesn't live in the DR anymore,therefore, he doesn't know,see,feel,what things/changes are going on here on a day-by-day basis,"GOOGLED" internet pictures don't counT!
He makes statements about both countries,and they are way off the mark.CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's funny how every time Europeans get to killing one another "White America" and "Black America" get together and go over there to put out the fires. You see, it's how you act in the WORST of times that defines you and the American family of Men and Women of all persuasions is like any real family with bickering and jealousy and contention....right up until someone from outside the family decides to mess with someone inside the family and then the unity takes over.

You will find that the contributions that built and maintain the USA came from every region, every race, every religion and every economic level. We're just going through a little middle management leadership crisis right now but there's a new generation of leaders learning from the mistakes of the ones we currently have. They'll be along shortly.
Europeans have never really understood Americans.

They have lived under kings and royalty for many, many centuries. It's in their DNA now to be under the rule of someone else. Being a "subject" is the norm, whether a king or a gubmint. I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation. Generally, Euros don't see it in themselves.

Not the norm in most Americans, but even that's changing.:disappoin

They have never really understood the how and why of Amurica. In fact, Brits still harbor some resentment for the colonial revolt 236 years ago. When Euros accuse Amuricans if being, for instance, "cowboys" as an insult, many Americans take that intended slur as a compliment.

Different culture. We may have started from the same place, but the cultural evolution split hundreds of years ago...

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
They have lived under kings and royalty for many, many centuries. It's in their DNA now to be under the rule of someone else. Being a "subject" is the norm, whether a king or a gubmint. I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation. Generally, Euros don't see it in themselves.

At least, we poor born-to-be-slaves Euros have something in common:lick:

Barnab?

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Companies like jetairfly are offering punta cana from Brussels $400 return - same price as about 10 years earlier in real terms.

German unemployment is down. 7.2 % and falling.

Summary Box: German unemployment down to 7.2 pct - Yahoo! News

Tourists are arriving from such countries as Brazil, Russia, Turkey in increasing numbers.

Strikes me that there is much new agricultural prodution in the DR - fruid and veg vendors have never been busier is my impression as people queue for fresh yams and other great foods.

Retirees are arriving in the DR.

pi2

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Companies like jetairfly are offering punta cana from Brussels $400 return - same price as about 10 years earlier in real terms.

German unemployment is down. 7.2 % and falling.

Summary Box: German unemployment down to 7.2 pct - Yahoo! News

Tourists are arriving from such countries as Brazil, Russia, Turkey in increasing numbers.

Strikes me that there is much new agricultural prodution in the DR - fruid and veg vendors have never been busier is my impression as people queue for fresh yams and other great foods.

Retirees are arriving in the DR.

pi2

There we go again, you like to be a nuisance don't you?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
It's funny how every time Europeans get to killing one another "White America" and "Black America" get together and go over there to put out the fires. You see, it's how you act in the WORST of times that defines you and the American family of Men and Women of all persuasions is like any real family with bickering and jealousy and contention....right up until someone from outside the family decides to mess with someone inside the family and then the unity takes over.

You will find that the contributions that built and maintain the USA came from every region, every race, every religion and every economic level. We're just going through a little middle management leadership crisis right now but there's a new generation of leaders learning from the mistakes of the ones we currently have. They'll be along shortly.

A house divided within will not stand. As you said, external problems are faced by both in like minded ways, but when the enemy is within their own house things are not so "I'm an American!" patriotic...

America is a great country with even greater people, but they still need to come to terms with what separates them from birth:

RACISM...

It's very vivid and dare I say that from what I have experienced people of color are more racist than the whites, when it shows.

There's a deep and still festering wound in America. One that everyone knows about, but few dare take some antiseptic and action to heal it to the core.

Dominican-American? Yes! They landed from the DR to America. Italian-Americans? Yes! They came from Italy...

African-Americans???? Are you kidding me?

In the DR you're Dominican no matter the color of your skin. Nothing more, nothing less.

The EU will always have the French to blame or everything that goes bad. But in America unity is only projected when pressed from outside, when inside things are totally messed up.

Just as any great Empire, America's Achilles' heel will be the lack of racial harmony within it's own citizens.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
A house divided within will not stand. As you said, external problems are faced by both in like minded ways, but when the enemy is within their own house things are not so "I'm an American!" patriotic...

America is a great country with even greater people, but they still need to come to terms with what separates them from birth:

RACISM...

It's very vivid and dare I say that from what I have experienced people of color are more racist than the whites, when it shows.

There's a deep and still festering wound in America. One that everyone knows about, but few dare take some antiseptic and action to heal it to the core.

Dominican-American? Yes! They landed from the DR to America. Italian-Americans? Yes! They came from Italy...

African-Americans???? Are you kidding me?

In the DR you're Dominican no matter the color of your skin. Nothing more, nothing less.

The EU will always have the French to blame or everything that goes bad. But in America unity is only projected when pressed from outside, when inside things are totally messed up.

Just as any great Empire, America's Achilles' heel will be the lack of racial harmony within it's own citizens.

You have no idea of the symbiotic relationship between we on each side of America's apparent racial divide. We love, appreciate and NEED one another. We are the Yin and Yang of American culture. Neither can function without the other. I don't have words to explain this to you, you have to feel it to understand. Keep being the passive observer but keep your silly opinions to yourself. You are commenting on a thing that you will never understand.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You have no idea of the symbiotic relationship between we on each side of America's apparent racial divide. We love, appreciate and NEED one another. We are the Yin and Yang of American culture. Neither can function without the other. I don't have words to explain this to you, you have to feel it to understand. Keep being the passive observer but keep your silly opinions to yourself. You are commenting on a thing that you will never understand.
I disagree.

I just want men to be men. You know, character, not color.

But that would put an entire industry out of bidniz. Can't have that...

But PICHARDO is correct on Dominicans. Color is a descriptor and nothing else. You'd have to live here for a while, among Dominicans, to fully understand.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I disagree.

I just want men to be men. You know, character, not color.

But that would put an entire industry out of bidniz. Can't have that...

But PICHARDO is correct on Dominicans. Color is a descriptor and nothing else. You'd have to live here for a while, among Dominicans, to fully understand.

As I understand it he doesn't live there but here and I would use your same approach. You have to live here for awhile to understand.

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
I think the airport taxes flying into the DR are outrageous. Taxes are more than the airfare. I think that's why more vacationers are going to Cuba instead.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
For those of you that have learning difficulties, this forum is about living in the DR, not USA, Europe etc.

I'm getting a little tired of the same people derailing threads and going off topic.

It's time to play king and lop off a few heads. If some of you wake up tomorrow and cannot post, you now know why.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.