From Today's Sosua News

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Worse are the rich teenagers that race cars on avenues like Lincoln and of course police won't do anything as their parents are most likely generals, colonels, etc...

They are the biggest aholes I have ever seen in DR. One night, my GF and I stopped at Trompo on Tiradentes to have some cofee and tea, and a few beers. We sat at a table on the sidewalk. A bunch of dip**** hijos de papi show up on hot rodded quads and buggies, burnouts and donuts at the corner. Trying to impress the people at the liquor stores I assume.

One guy gets into intersection doing donuts and lost a bit of control and ended up with one tire up on the curb, a few yards from me. I stood up and started walking over to get in his face. He quickly put it in reverse and drove away laughing. My GF was trying to explain to me that I should not mess with them as they likely have important parents.

I am sure if I would have pounded the guy into a bloodless pulp, I would have been surrounded by his ahole buddies and then wound up in jail. It may have been worth it. . . . . .

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
or you could have ended up in the graveyard. nice going romeo. sounds like you were trying to impress someone yourself. :ermm:

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
[/QUOTE] I am sure if I would have pounded the guy into a bloodless pulp, I would have been surrounded by his ahole buddies and then wound up in jail. It may have been worth it. . . . . .[/QUOTE]

you think?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
When it rains some wear helmets! I was like WTF yest when there were lots of helmet wearing motos and then realized ahhh they don't want to melt away in the rain!

They dont wear helmets for protection from a crash, only protecting the "pelo malo" from the rain.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yeah, well I am sure their parents have an issue with it.
Heartless attitude, knowing how much pain & sorrow that will take place because of this.
We are talking death here!
Have a heart!

Right. If one of these mental midgets happened to hit me and die, I would go to jail. No sympathy from me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No you wouldn't. Yes, there is a chance that the corruption would kick in and you could be out thousands of $$ but probably not. We are still talking death here and this is horrible for the love ones.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Hi, I just want to jump in and point out that it is not the fault of the moto drivers. Yes its not their fault and its never their fault... Just who builds and sells these dangerous machines may I ask. And, who are these customers that take advantage of these poor desperate moto drivers desperate life making them go for considerable distances for less than 100 pesos per trip usually. I have the strong feeling someone with money is to blame...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hi, I just want to jump in and point out that it is not the fault of the moto drivers. Yes its not their fault and its never their fault... Just who builds and sells these dangerous machines may I ask. And, who are these customers that take advantage of these poor desperate moto drivers desperate life making them go for considerable distances for less than 100 pesos per trip usually. I have the strong feeling someone with money is to blame...

Normal moto taxi drivers are another issue.

We are talking about cretins who race motorbikes for fun while not only endangering themselves but anyone around them.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

That sounds like a weak excuse, its the fault of the rich and maybe the Government!!

The rich in many cases, worked for their money, or have taken many risks(some foolish like drugs) others, its a result of Government connections and the underlying corruption. Yes, there is a valid arguement the government through lack of support to the education sector, dummy down the people preventing opportunity and instill dependency on said government.

However the government is selected by the people, who in the case of the DR, fail to realize their selections are not benefiting the longterm positive growth. They usually vote for whoever compensates them at the critical time period, buying votes with either pesos or pollo. The price for this lack of responsible voting is the obvious.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
One of the first thing I noticed when I visit La Union was the number of young guys who crash their bikes doing wheelies or speeding. I have seen countless guys wipe out, people barely notice. Odd.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nope, because I am not a cyber bully.

If you have issues with posters report them, we have a button for that.
If it's a valid complaint, action will be taken.

Moving on...

The road from Moca to Sabaneta is a popular moto race track on Sundays.
I have lost count how many motos I have "almost" cleaned up due to the drivers stupidity.
Sure they are kids and we all did stupid stuff as kids, but some of the stuff I have seen goes beyond stupid.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
No kidding, one time I was in Jamao and about 50 of these idiots were stopped in front of the police station taking a photo, then off they raced toward Sabaneta.....there is a pretty tight right turn just after the Cruce de Noe, that starts off easy then turns into a sharp corner.....anyway about 10-15 of them went off the road, through the fence and down the hill.....I didn't hang around to see if any were hurt, but one guy sure nailed the big tree there and was sitting there wondering what hit him.....In the DR this is population control