fun fact proud to be dominican

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
Manny, based on your post I'll lay you 10-1 odds that you've never seen a Dominican text message

dont go to vegas because youll lose your chips...im dominican i know what people mean when they say dominicans cant write i was just saying the way they do it on a text is intentional,i dont think someone will write an essay the way they text or the way they talk.i know dominicans write crazy on text im just saying its no different when someone writes lmao or smh or fml that stuff was all made up just like dominicans make up their own **** on text,thats all im saying

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
then again..

immabout to let y'all know the 411 bout ebonics but y'all ain't bout that life, it's still english but you need to feel this!

in other words each country has it's own slang, boy pa mi casa is the equivalant of immabout to head home.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
then again..

immabout to let y'all know the 411 bout ebonics but y'all ain't bout that life, it's still english but you need to feel this!

in other words each country has it's own slang, boy pa mi casa is the equivalant of immabout to head home.

Thank you for clearing that..everyone thinks only Dominican have slang

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Winston Churchill on being accused by a news reporter of dangling his participles in public.

I am quite adept at the English language and being corrected is something up with which I will not put!

DS

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Thank you for clearing that..everyone thinks only Dominican have slang

Actually, the average American can?t write well or spell either. That?s quite interesting! Here you know that education sucks. But then why does it happen over there? Isn?t public education supposed to be top notch?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Actually, the average American can?t write well or spell either. That?s quite interesting! Here you know that education sucks. But then why does it happen over there? Isn?t public education supposed to be top notch?

Public education in the USA is established regionally (usually by County) under State guidelines in accordance with Federal education standards. There are huge differences between the actual quality of public education from State to State and from County to Country.

The best resources are where the most money is. Where their Parents live has the greatest influence on the quality of a Child's education.

Until He Tackled His Illiteracy, the Redskins' Gridiron Terror Lived in Fear of the ABC's : People.com

I pulled up that old (1989) article because I remember the detail in the chronicle of the academic life of an NFL star who graduated high school, spent 4 years at Oklahoma State University and was illiterate until he learned how to read at 30 years of age. Tells you everything you need to know about U.S. public schools. Not much has changed since then. There just aren't enough resources in the "Land of Plenty" to go around.