Gangs and Politics in Haiti

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
A Federal employee could lose retirement benefits for abandoning a government job, but with the situation in Haiti and all US citizens being asked to leave, how would that be fair? How does not leaving apply to them?
yes.. retirement benefits.. and most likely have to resign... and repay money -- under some circumstances -- but they could leave.

Here are the alerts issued by the Embassy since October

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
..."One U.S.-supported initiative is the donation of 19 vehicles to the Haitian National Police earlier this week, Robinson said. Another 41 vehicles and a plan to provide training to officers are forthcoming, he said.

Because some police officers are also involved in criminal activities, Robinson said the U.S. is prepared to help the police force choose officers after a background check and psychological test.

“I think that will be important to inspire the confidence of the community — that the people entering the police force are the best possible people that we can find,” Robinson said."...

Reactions: Antiguo

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Remember they're in a compound, probably with a chopper available. They may be prisoners in the compound if shit comes to shinola, but they're not in danger inside.
Skilled GI's with M249's (SAW) and the like can school BBQ and his boys into sticking with robbing woman and children.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Skilled GI's with M249's (SAW) and the like can school BBQ and his boys into sticking with robbing woman and children.
Why does anyone think US military will be involved? I certainly hope that is not the case.

I also hope the US Embassy shuts down and all American personnel are out of Haiti soon. Anything else is an accident waiting to happen.

With the sponsors of the hostages now ignoring them, it does not bode well for the hostages.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Why does anyone think US military will be involved? I certainly hope that is not the case.

I also hope the US Embassy shuts down and all American personnel are out of Haiti soon. Anything else is an accident waiting to happen.

With the sponsors of the hostages now ignoring them, it does not bode well for the hostages.
the US Military will protect the contents of the Embassy, they already are.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the US Military will protect the contents of the Embassy, they already are.
Yes, you stated that before. US Marines in the embassy.
I would close the Embassy so no US citizen is at risk. That includes any US Marines that are also US citizens.

joesidda

Banned
Sep 18, 2021
United States
Absolutely hilarious. How long do you want to keep beating a dead horse. I guess the sins of my great great great grand parents are still festering in your mind and world. I see no point in trying to explain to you how he world used to work and the outcome of past wars fought, and how the spoils went to the victors, as from what you wrote you will always be a victim.

You need to quit blaming white people for Haiti's problems. Whatever happened 50 years ago or 500 years ago is done. It's time to move on. I hope the Haitian people will one day take control of their situation and eradicate the gangs that are running out of control. They are a cancer and need to be wiped of the face of the earth. But until then keep going around and using terms like "you people" because most of us people are used to being blamed for your problems.
It's Halrious because people like you have no answer for it. Just shaming as usual. When I come back to the DR I'll let you know when I'm there so we can have this discussion face to face!!!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Face to face or online you still are playing the blame game and not living in the reality of the situation that Haitians put themselves in.
Some folks have a major inferiority complex and many time these same people refuse to take personal responsibility for their actions while blaming everyone else for their problems.

See post #160

Reactions: melphis

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Couple things. The US military is not in the habit of folding in the face of trouble, also not all enlisted U.S troops are citizens.
I said that I hope that all US citizens that are also troops be put out of harms way. That means I know that not all US soldiers are US citizens.
I see no reason anything from the US is still in Haiti. Not one member of the military, not one match stick. It has nothing to do with pressure.
It has to do with not being in a place where there is no reason to be. There is zero that the US can accomplish in Haiti, so it is time to leave.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It's Halrious because people like you have no answer for it. Just shaming as usual. When I come back to the DR I'll let you know when I'm there so we can have this discussion face to face!!!
Really. You are threatening me now? Grow up for christs sake. This is a public forum. If you don't like it leave.
I'm sure we will all survive without you and your wonderful insights.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Really. You are threatening me now? Grow up for christs sake. This is a public forum. If you don't like it leave.
I'm sure we will all survive without you and your wonderful insights.
Careful wrong think.
(the rest was too harsh so I deleted it)
LMFAO!!!!

Reactions: melphis

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Thank you. Maybe I should just agree to joey and all his friends that way I can deal with both of them at once.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey