Gangs and Politics in Haiti

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I think you are all talk. Cowardly actually.
I have pushed the limits with the mods on this site but I have never threatened anyone or had to be the big bully. You on the other hand seem to need to threaten and in general be a complete asshole to try to get your point across.

With 12 posts you seem to be unable to comprehend that this is indeed a public forum and people have differences of opinion(s). That is what makes it a great forum. If you need to be right all the time I would suggest you look into how to make a forum like this with a warning that if people disagree with your stupidity you have a tendency to want meet them and probably inflict harm to them. Maybe you could call yourself Burger Flipper or Pickle Applicator as BBQ has been taken.

I am taking a risk of being sent to the sin bin by even replying to you but I m just hoping that other new members that join DR1 have a hell of a lot more sense than you and realise that this is a public forum we don't always agree. You also have the choice to put me on ignore.

Reactions: windeguy

joesidda

Banned
Sep 18, 2021
United States
What makes you think you have more sense than me? You are clearly a coward and just upset someone called you out Karen!!! You can say what you want but clearly I didn't threaten you. I just said let's have a discussion face to face. I didn't threaten physical harm to you. Be able to have conversations face to face with people on your stances regardless of how prejudice you sound!!!! If you want to cry to whoever runs this outfit go ahead. Maybe it's your privilege that makes you call things something that they are not which makes you look like a Karen calling the police for selling water or having a barbeque!! At any rate, it wasn't a threat. You are just scared and took it that way.

joesidda

Banned
Sep 18, 2021
United States
Face to face or online you still are playing the blame game and not living in the reality of the situation that Haitians put themselves in.
Whats the reality of the nation of Haiti. Having to pay for their independence from France in the amount of 22.5 BILLION dollars which didn't get paid of until 1941. Paying for freedom from you guessed it people that look just like you!!! Me personally I can't want til the Hatians start treating you nations like yall treat them!!! I will stand with them as well to combat all this mistreatment this nation of people have received. They are asking for 7 million for those people pushing white Jesus, I think the number should be 22.5 billion. Now run tell that.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
1637032281227.png

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Whats the reality of the nation of Haiti. Having to pay for their independence from France in the amount of 22.5 BILLION dollars which didn't get paid of until 1941. Paying for freedom from you guessed it people that look just like you!!! Me personally I can't want til the Hatians start treating you nations like yall treat them!!! I will stand with them as well to combat all this mistreatment this nation of people have received. They are asking for 7 million for those people pushing white Jesus, I think the number should be 22.5 billion. Now run tell that.
Since they won the war against France they didn't have to pay anything, they chose to. One of the reasons they invade the DR was to steal the riches of the DR to pay their debt. Keep kidnapping and they will loose their source of income.

Reactions: Goliath94K

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Since they won the war against France they didn't have to pay anything, they chose to. One of the reasons they invade the DR was to steal the riches of the DR to pay their debt. Keep kidnapping and they will loose their source of income. Chavez paid off their external debt a few years ago. Why don't you get your ass in there and help your brothers?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Who kidnapped the Hatians first? From their homeland. Let's tell the whole truth. Not half truths!!
Slavery is still widespread in Haiti today. According to the 2014 Global Slavery Index, Haiti has an estimated 237,700 enslaved persons[94] making it the country with the second-highest prevalence of slavery in the world, behind only Mauritania.[95]

Haiti has more human trafficking than any other Central or South American country.[96] According to the United States Department of State 2013 Trafficking in Persons Report, "Haiti is a major source, passage, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labor and sex slavery." No evil white men doing this. It's your kinfolks.

Reactions: Goliath94K

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Slavery is still widespread in Haiti today. According to the 2014 Global Slavery Index, Haiti has an estimated 237,700 enslaved persons[94] making it the country with the second-highest prevalence of slavery in the world, behind only Mauritania.[95]

Haiti has more human trafficking than any other Central or South American country.[96] According to the United States Department of State 2013 Trafficking in Persons Report, "Haiti is a major source, passage, and destination country for men, women, and children subjected to forced labor and sex slavery." No evil white men doing this. It's your kinfolks.

Bob, I'm not believing those numbers. Haitians have a system called restaveks. You probably have heard it talked about. It's kind of like indentured servants. The dirt poor give their kids to someone else. Then in exchange for house work and other labor they feed, house, and educate the kid. It's not ideal at all but much of it is not slavery. My kid was a restavek at his grandpa's house before he left. He was not mistreated but it was not the greatest of situations.

The people doing surveys like this tend to count restaveks en masse as slaves. That is not accurate. Some abuse the system, but not all. In fact from what I saw it was not remotely close to slavery.