German man found stabbed to death in POP airport

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I hope they never set foot in Canada again. From their drunken stupidity they have changed the course of so many people's lives, their own, their families, the parents of the young man, the woman who was victimized and the young man who had the guts to stand up for what he believed in.

I don't care which country they spend time in jail as long as it is for a very long time.
It is so true that drunken stupidity is how this happened. So sad for the victim's family and friends.
If we check the stats I'd bet that 95% of prisioners committed the crimes while under the influence of drugs or booze.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
lol milo. I have been one of those happy drunks many times all over the island. In fact the culture of the island made socializing with the addition of booze a much more positive experience than the bars in my home town. Here I have seen many a barroom brawl resulting in people being badly injured.
I was not insulting all the tourists to the DR only the ones who murdered the young man. I think in the many years I lived or traveled to the DR I witnessed only 2 rude and what I term as "mean" drunks. One was a tourist and one was Dominican.
All this does not change the fact that booze and drugs very often result in crime anywhere on earth. You can not deny that fact.

Reactions: miloskorac

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
What will German Embassy to do, Mike?

I mean, if crazy Serbs, that don't have Embassy in DR but some consulate (that does not work, MF), makes inquiry just for that, does the German Embassy makes any investigation?

Misha

a Embassy is never running any Investigation, they are just observers and follow up on the results, but have of course No right to run any Investigation in a Foreign Country.
the Investigations will be done as usual by DR Police.

Mike

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
a Embassy is never running any Investigation, they are just observers and follow up on the results, but have of course No right to run any Investigation in a Foreign Country.
the Investigations will be done as usual by DR Police.

Mike

Exactly! The Embassy can not get involved in legal issues. A consulate can and will give advice and be much more helpful.

May 29, 2006
Maybe the German was camping out in the airport with an early flight out. Someone came into the airport in the middle of the night to poke around, found him and assaulted him. He could have also got stranded going between POP and Sosua and taken refuge in the airport for the night. I wouldn't have any expectation of the crime being solved.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
We can all write our own stories of how this happened. Hopefully the detectives doing the investigation will find the truth.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The decomposed body was found in a small room after airline personnel noticed the smell they thought that was a rat or another dead animal and began a search

and i thought my cleaner was not thorough... how the heck can a dead body go unnoticed for several days?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
He was locked in the Martinair office which is behind the check-in counters.

Martinair don't fly to POP at the moment, so the office is unused.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
This is getting stranger and weider by the minute
locked office?
no cameras?
hmmm
Manu

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I just read the german version ,it said that Erich rented an apt in Sosua and got robbed by a fellow german name augosto and two doms,he filed a police report claiming
the renter was in on that.
They stole his clothes and cell,plus 600 eu.
I guess they found him and finished him off.
So sad
Manu

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I guess they should be looking for Augusto , the german ,and his compadres.He was the landlord ,how hard can it be .
Manu

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Maybe,just maybe he didnt pay his rent,so Augusto called for help and they took the rentmoney.
Erich filed a police report and everything went downhill from there ?
Manu

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Exactly! The Embassy can not get involved in legal issues. A consulate can and will give advice and be much more helpful.

completely Wrong,
a simple Consulate is just the Lower Form of an Embassy, mostly present in Areas where a specific Country down not have a full Embassy located in a foreign Country, and a Consulate is always run by an Embassy in the same Country/nearby/as near as available/same foreign affairs ministry of that country.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you all been reading about Augusto and Companions etc here on the Bord, right?

or in the News where it's stated also.
so do ya think that the Investigators do not have such In Mind on their Investigation???
the points which are already mentioned even on DR1???

forget the Guessing and Rumor Spreading about anything You know nothing about,
just enjoy the Sunday Eve

Mike

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Well maybe some body should have elaborated from the dominican side.I went by german news only
I do not read spanish ,so I would like to know what happened and why, because I cannot wrap my little head around that. It is very disturbing to me.

Thanks
Manu

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
thank's for the update, mike. it had me a little concerned, since I'll be spending more and more time in P.C. in the near future, (when condo is completed). I had heard that there is very little crime against tourists or other gringos in P.C., (other than maybe small crimes of opportunity such as petty theft, etc.), so a murder caught my attention. Sad to hear it happened, but glad it was done by other tourists and not locals.

Dominicans reading media on the subject of tourists killing tourists or expats, is just utterly disgusting imo.

BR

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
completely Wrong,
a simple Consulate is just the Lower Form of an Embassy, mostly present in Areas where a specific Country down not have a full Embassy located in a foreign Country, and a Consulate is always run by an Embassy in the same Country/nearby/as near as available/same foreign affairs ministry of that country.

Mike

My statement is NOT wrong Mike.
I have posted on DR1 of a serious legal problem that I had while living in the DR. I went to the US Embassy and they informed me that they DO NOT get involved in legal issues. They would not even speak to me about what the problem was. They gave me the consulates number so I called that office. The consulate also does not give legal advice but he did advice me that IF I got picked up by authorities that I should call him immediately. I did get picked up at some point and I called the consulate before the Dominican authorities took me for questioning. The consulate advised me of my rights and how I needed to react. He kept in contact with me and made sure that the situation was being properly handled. This is why I advice any American who finds themselves in a legal situation must call the consulate and not the Embassy. These are facts that I learned the hard way. I know of which I write.
For those who do not know my story you can do a search on DR1. I will tell the curious now that the situation finally after a long time ended in a positive note for me. I do not travel internationally now without the phone number of the Embassy and more important the consulate.