Girlfriends can help each other out

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
azuacanadagirl said:
Just something you girls who are dating guys working at resorts should think about doing while on vacation in paradise.

Almost a year has gone by since I met Norberto in Punta Cana. Although I had caught him lying to me before about his affairs with tourists, I told myself well these things had gone on before we were really serious about each other and I did not eject him from my life cause he kept on calling and calling and calling when I had tried to.

Well, thanks to the advice of people here, I have never sent a dime. He had only asked once in the beginning and I didn't blame him for trying, after all they are poor, RIGHT. I told myself what the heck, he is the one calling (he lost his cellphone so I cannot call???? I know RED FLAG). I tell myself, I have a friend in DR and when I go down there I can always have FUN. So for months we are in contact about two times a week.

Last month I tell him I have a girlfriend whom I see here everyday who is going down there to the club he works at in september. All of a sudden, last Friday sept. 9th, he has two weeks vacation and gives me a two day notice begging me to come down and wants us to be married so we can be together as soon as possible.

I got all wishywashy and got to wonder again... Am I being too hard on this guy? Could he really after all this time have feelings for me since he is not asking money and he has been spending money all this time to call me and all?

Well, here is where I really appreciate having met Patricia a barmaid working at the hotel. I had given her gifts, clothing and toys for her children. And had taken her phone number of course. I decide to give her a call to see how things are doing and to investigate a bit. I ask her about Norberto and if she see's him sometimes. She says yes, he gives me news about you and I even asked him for your phone number about a month ago and he took out his cellphone to look it up and give it to her. (the cell phone he lost). She tells me "el te quiere mucho" until.... I tell her about his proposal for marriage. She says you know you are like a sister to me and I don't want you to get hurt. when you left in January he immediately had a girl from Argentina and promises to investigate a bit more for me.

The next day.... I get her on the phone and she announces me, he has a girlfriend from France who is working at the hotel for six months and she will be leaving in two weeks. I am so angry now, not that he has a girlfriend, just that he is so much of a LOW LIFE that he asked me to marry him. He was probably soooo afraid that my girlfriend going down there would find this out that he skipped town before she got there.

Well I called him (on his friends cell phone) and confronted him with this, he says he knows this girl from France that she is in love with him but he is not. He loves me and ONLY ME. Yeah right! I didn't tell him I got the info from Patricia, she could be in trouble for this with her fellow co-workers. Just told him my girlfriend had investigated a bit. Thing is my girlfriend is still here leaving only on the 25th, but he did not know the exact dates.

I asked him do you mind if I call this French girl to verify this story. He kept answering me please come down, I need to see you face to face. I kept telling him if she is not your girlfriend you should not mind. If you want to be with her, I will respect you and I will not call. He finally told me to call. I did. What a coincidence??? She is on vacation.

Anyway, I could go on and on about all the excuses he had or all the phone calls he is making here this week but that was not my point starting this thread. Just wanted to say that the friendship I have developped with Patricia has been of great help here. She is a wonderful girl and if I ever go down there again, I will always have a friend in DR.

FRIENDSHIP IS FOREVER

I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

I have read the entire thread. Many members here have given you excellent advice.

You have learned your mistake. Do not repeat it again.

You deserve a better person.

Good luck.

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
Just wondering...

Well, as everyone expected, of course my DR guy friend, kept on calling now and then... I insisted that it was over.. but that did not seem to get through his head. Until last night or I would think so... I told him I had met someone back home. He was upset but nothing compared to when I mentionned the guy was from Haiti. Oh mi Dios... he was furious. Is it some kind of insult to them or what?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And is this true or did you make it up?

If you read outside of the Sankie forum you wouldn't need to ask this question. ;)

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
Please tell me what I don't know

But why would I make anything up??? What would be the point?

I really would have appreciated an honest answer. I don't understand what you are saying. And where out of the sankie forum would I have to go? I am really curious as to know why it got him SO UPSET.

Thanks for redirecting me to a thread which would make me understand a bit more.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm surprised that you spent all that time in the DR and didn't notice their apparent dislike of "Hatianos" . Then again, you don't seem to learn much from your visits there. I still hope that all will be ok with you Azua. Cuidate.
Nelly

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
Thank you Amy. Reading those threads have sure enlightened me a bit. Although I was aware that haitians were working for very low wages in the DR, for example in sugarcane fields, I have also seen haitians working in animation side to side with Dominicans and no, I have not noticed anything wrong with their relationships with one another.

So I guess from reading all this that it would not be a good idea to tell my new haitian friend about my long distance relationship with a Dominican for some time.

I am Canadian and have never considered myself superior for the simple reason that I was born here. My father was Polish, and my grandparents had immigrated here during world war two, and I have never ever felt any less Canadian or have ever ever been treated differently by anyone for that simple fact. I am as Canadian as they get.

There is one thing that I have noticed was very similar between the two, the way they treat a lady, like she is the best thing that ever walked the face of this earth. Which I guess was part of the attraction. Now could a Canadian Haitian be a sanky? He lives here so doesn't need a visa, is working a very good job so doesn't need $$$, has a car, an appartment... etc. So this brings me back to wondering as to why sankies treat ladies so nicely, at first at least... it isn't only a money $$$ thing, it is a cultural thing! Both guys express their feelings (real or not) with much more ease than the typical Canadian.

Thanks again Amy

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Anna Coniglio said:
And is this true or did you make it up?

If you read outside of the Sankie forum you wouldn't need to ask this question. ;)
Take it easy mi amore.
With you and Miguel here it is amazing she is still reading any forum.
Actually perhaps ACG could be a very rare person who can get Miguel to throw in the towel and give up.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Azuacanadagirl

You sound very innocent. Many of your posts reveal your naivety. I say this with no intent to offend but your posts are very frustrating to read at times.

-A Haitian Canadian Sankie- what's that? This could apply then to any nationality. For example a xxx (fill in the nationality) Canadian Sankie. Why assign a label?

- Do you have doubts about this new person you are seeing? If not why even begin to label him. Forget about the reaction of the Dominican guy that you can't seem to let go of. Having him in your life from what I have read in your posts has been only counterproductive.

- There are many successful Haitian professionals in Montreal. Are you only now beginning to have interaction with Haitian professionals?

- Some inner self reflection is required here and again I say this with no intent to offend. I just read your opening post in the thread and I am just at a loss for words.

LDG.

Last edited:

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
You are so smart!

Malibook said:
Take it easy mi amore.
Actually perhaps ACG could be a very rare person who can get Miguel to throw in the towel and give up.

I haven't only been reading the Mars and Venus Forums. Just never got to the political ones. Just as politics doesn't interest me here in Canada either, or do I take any interest in racism here since I consider myself equal to any other human being and I am much more concerned with human nature that material belongings. I think it is completly ridiculous to go on in year 2005 about things that have happened years and years ago. I live in a multicultural country and have no problem with that.

And why would I stop reading the forums, Miguel and Anna could insult anyone they want, I still love the DR for many reasons... not just it's sankies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lesley D said:
You sound very innocent. Many your posts reveal your naivety. I say this with no intent to offend but your posts are very frustrating to read at times.

-A Haitian Canadian Sankie- what's that? This could then apply to any nationality. For example a xxx (fill in the nationality) Canadian Sankie. Why assign a label?

- Do you have doubts about this new person you are seeing? If not why even begin to label him. Forget about the reaction of the Dominican guy that you can't seem to let go of. Having him in your life from what I have read in your posts has been only counterproductive.

- There are many successful Haitian professionals in Montreal. Are you only now beginning to have interaction with Haitian professionals?

- Some inner self reflection is required here and again I say this with no intent to offend. I just read your opening post in the thread and I am just at a loss for words.

LDG.

Now here's one of our many smart Canadian women that post on DR1.

Way to go Lesley!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Merci beaucoup.

Thanks Anna.

Yes, Canadian (de Montreal) of mixed Caribbean descent so the cultural aspects come into play here. I could clearly see the cultural issues that have played a key role in Azuacanadagirl's problems with this Dominican male who has been nothing but counterproductive in her life IMHO. However, this thread is NOT about me.

Azuacanadagirl,

Como ya te dije ese dominicano es un abusador. Ahora es cuando tratas de volver a vivir tu vida.

LDG.

Anna Coniglio said:
Now here's one of our many smart Canadian women that post on DR1.

Way to go Lesley!

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
azuacanadagirl said:
Just never got to the political ones. Just as politics doesn't interest me here in Canada either.

And if you really want to mess up this guy's head that you no longer talk to :rolleyes: you should tell him that our new Governor General of Canada is a Haitian immigrant.

And a women no doubt, ;) Michaelle Jean

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Anna Coniglio said:
And if you really want to mess up this guy's head that you no longer talk to :rolleyes: you should tell him that our new Governor General of Canada is a Haitian immigrant.

And a women no doubt, ;) Michaelle Jean

Nice Anna - I thought about that too! :glasses:

Stay well,
Amy

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Easy mamao!!

Malibook said:
Take it easy mi amore.
How do you say kiss my culito(well, in my case, my culote) in French?.

Go read the entire thread and you will find out why you, nor I, would throw in the towel just yet!!. Observe and learn, mi compadre.

Btw, Anna, why don't you post the link to her thread, "sankie got caught rapido" so Malibook can see for himself why NOBODY is throwing the towel yet.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
miguel said:
Btw, Anna, why don't you post the link to her thread, "sankie got caught rapido" so Malibook can see for himself why NOBODY is throwing the towel yet.

What and give her more attention? :laugh: :laugh:

Malibook is a smart guy he knows how to use the search button. ;)

truematch20

Nov 24, 2005
WAKE UP and Enjoy THE COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well!!, have I ever had a blast stumbling on this site. I must say its all an enjoyable read but I had no idea so many girls were so stupid. I am a 36 year old woman and have been travelling the Carribean twice a year with my mum or g/friends for about 9 years now and every trip I have met and been wooed by a resort worker and have loved every minute of it but never once wanted more and know a holiday fling from reality. The whole fun of it for my g/friends and I is what happens in the Dominican stays in the Dominican LOL or whatever island we are on. I know they are doing it with a different girl every 2 week period but who cares! I love to dance with them till dawn and I lap up whatever b/s they put my way , hey I dont even mind leaving a good tip at the end, after all I got what I came for. I just wish other girls could have the same fun and look forward to next time instead of the heartache they put themselves through. I have had a couple e-mail me for a while asking when I'm coming back but I know what they are all about and so I go to a different resort everytime LOL . The Cubans are the worst for asking you to marry them , the Dominicans are more upfront about sex and yes very sexy in general, I pray all these young girls are very careful with these guys and maybe with these discussions ongoing more girls will be spared and or saved. oh and funnily enough once I went to a different resort in Panama 2 years later and bumped into the same waiter, that was a shock but he remembered me and even though he'd gotten engaged since our first encounter he still wanted to take me to the local disco so there you go girls.

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
Now who thinks that'll do the trick!

I told this guy I was off to Puerto Plata (he's in Punta Cana) on my next trip in Dec. cause he doesn't seem to get the message.

Really, I'm over this guy. Learned the hard way, what can I say? ... but without loosing money!

Think he's done calling here?

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
lol

you know all this things happend to all the people that think are going to find them loved ones in a resort, many times you hear the history and are making the same stupid mistake.

AND this goes for somebody that I dont like at all (MI...L) that said that my marriage wasnt going to last longer, you know what idiot? I have a year married and in love of my 44 y/o man and you know what Im gonna be 19 on nov. 30th.

Visit the Dominican immigration forums at:

http://www.dominicanstotheusa.com
http://forums.dominicanstotheusa.com