Greetings, my name is Evelyn and I’m here to help you (POP)

Belmont007

Nov 13, 2014
The new President has appointed me as the new manager of the airport customs area (DGA) here in Puerto Plata (POP). Our new goal is to make the airport more user friendly, tourists orientated and a pleasure to use.

My background is college in the USA and for the last 22 years administration villa management of SeaHorse Ranch here the the Sosua-Cabarete area. Many of you already know me.

Hopefully we can all work together to accomplish these goals at the airport.

First, I welcome all arriving passengers to ask for me personally (to know me or help with problems), second if anyone has ….

1.) ideas to improve the airport customs
2.) report here any problems (be it operational, rudeness, or improper behavior)
3.) general comments to help me (us) and improve tourism to the North Coast.

You can write here. I’m aware of the past problems and the biggest complaint (expensive airport fares) and although above my pay grade, I have the ear of the new president. Let’s see.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing (meeting) you. You now have a friend at the airport customs.

Evelyn Barrientos

I have a flight at 5AM at the Las Américas Airport near Santo Domingo.

Does anyone know if Uber is operating in the AM to take me to the airport from Santo Domingo?

I went ahead and scheduled my ride ahead of time, but I'd be devastated if I later find out Uber isn't even operating, and I would have no clue on how to get to the airport for my flight.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Evelyn. Are any routes to Florida from POP, other than Miami being looked at.
Direct flights to Tampa or Fort Lauderdale would be great.
Miami is a choke point and worst airport in the US.

Reactions: windeguy

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Evelyn. Are any routes to Florida from POP, other than Miami being looked at.
Direct flights to Tampa or Fort Lauderdale would be great.
Miami is a choke point and worst airport in the US.

The person has stated numerous times that she is a representative of Customs at the POP location.
Why is this so difficult for some to grasp?
Do you ask your HVAC person to recommend a good outdoor deck varnish?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What did you enter in the area for "Compania de Transporte"? I used the spanish version, but was stopped from moving on at this point.. Thanks in advance
The airline you are flying on. Mine was Jetblue.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
The airline you are flying on. Mine was Jetblue.
That's what I first thought and typed in American Airlines. After it was rejected, I moved onto other possibilities.. Thanks for the reply Sky.. She's just going to have to get through C&I the old fashioned way this time.. She arrives today.

POP DGA

Nov 4, 2020
sosua
I have a flight at 5AM at the Las Américas Airport near Santo Domingo.

Does anyone know if Uber is operating in the AM to take me to the airport from Santo Domingo?

I went ahead and scheduled my ride ahead of time, but I'd be devastated if I later find out Uber isn't even operating, and I would have no clue on how to get to the airport for my flight.
There's always Taxis available at the airport, not sure if Uber is available at that time though.