Gripe, does anything really help

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Make Golden paste and take three tablespoons per day at least. Golden Paste I use; you make the amount you want but i use a
2 tablespoons of tumeric
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon ginger
4 tablespoons organic honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

This really works. I drink this every morning mixed in a glass of water (smaller amounts of each ingredient), I also add the juice of a 1/2 lime. It sounds odd, but actually tastes great, kind of sweet and savory.

I got lazy and stopped drinking this for a few months and started to get the gripe. Drank this and Ginger tea a few times a day and the gripe was gone in 2-3 days.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
This really works. I drink this every morning mixed in a glass of water (smaller amounts of each ingredient), I also add the juice of a 1/2 lime. It sounds odd, but actually tastes great, kind of sweet and savory.

I got lazy and stopped drinking this for a few months and started to get the gripe. Drank this and Ginger tea a few times a day and the gripe was gone in 2-3 days.

Forgot to mention I also add Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (equal part to the Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil), and don't always add the ginger.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Have to take a GuaGua to Santiago tomorrow to pick up some of these ingredients, hope it's worth going in this condition....

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Tylenol did nothing for me. Took Laritox (or something very close to this spelling), there's day and night, for some reason even the day time version knocked me out. It worked for roughly four hours. I could finally sleep and have no more coughing.

Every time before going to bed I'd take it and when coughing was bad. It really helped. It was long, I couldn't talk and was coughing for over a week. My eyes were hurting and ears plugged.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Everyone in the GuaGua will love you. Share the pain.

You can never convince someone that Grandma's chicken soup doesn't really work, as it may make them feel better emotionally. The placebo effect has been shown to have benefits. Stay home, stay in bed, save your money and don't spread it to anyone else. You'll be better when you are better. A shopping trip will not speed your recovery.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
dominicans have this syrup i always buy when sick:

15rbm6s.jpg

it's tasty and it helps a bit. at least that's what i tell myself.

Had a friend pick this up for me, the box looks similar says Watercress, onion,radish, and honey.
Been chugging down about every 2 hours when awake, no taste whatsoever, must be me.
Just woke up again, haven't slept this much in years, decided no GuaGua, wouldn't want to spread this around. Different people here in the Campo have been bringing me their magic elixirs.........
No fever, migraine gone, a little stronger and the coughing is less, sneezing like crazy though......
First thought was, make a pot of Homemade chicken soup, wouldn't hurt......
The Colmado, about 100 ft away sells the freshest chicken, homemade soup for lunch.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2014
There is no cure for a cold, and every strain is different, so your "elixir m?gico", even if it seemed to help with Cold A, wouldn't help so much with Cold B.

There is a reason Doctor's do not subscribe anything, and taking various things such as Vitamin C, Vick's, or Dristan nose spray can only ease symptoms you have, and no more speed up your body from beating the cold than ramming a pin into the A$$ of a voodoo doll of the person that gave you the cold...

Aug 6, 2006
Claritin (the generic equivalent costs less and seems to have the same results) will reduce mucus, a plugged nose, sneezing and such

Not a cure, but it makes the symptoms less annoying.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Claritin (the generic equivalent costs less and seems to have the same results) will reduce mucus, a plugged nose, sneezing and such

Not a cure, but it makes the symptoms less annoying.

USELESS to get rid of mucus.

You want to get rid of the "Goo", use MUCINEX, active ingredient, Guaifenesin.
Sudafed will unclog the "Goo", as well, but you will NEVER find it in DR without acetaminophen.

Dr. T.