"Guest Friendly" Is NOT The Right Name You Are Looking For!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sometimes I wonder if people really think we are as stupid as we sound.

If they think that SOME of us do NOT know what they mean when SOME of them say "guest friendly".

MANY people use the term "guest friendly" when in reality all they mean to say is "Can I bring whomever I want, whenever I want 'friendly'"....Or "Can I bring anybody to my room, any time I want, and bang the night away".

What about the hotel's reputation, did you take the time to think about their reputation?.

There's a reason A LOT of hotels in the DR do NOT let guests take visitors to their rooms.

If they ALLLLL allow it, in MANY cases, guests would bring every single hooker/"friends" to their rooms, any time they want.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people having as much sex as they want....For all I care, bang your life away....BUUUUT

Just call it by it's real name: "Let me 'DO' whomever I want and don't bother me with all this 'no guests' rules".

The times I have stayed in ANY hotel, here, there, anywhere, whomever goes to visit me, the reception desk have called my room to let me know someone is looking for me, SO I CAN JOIN THE PERSON DOWNSTAIRS!!.

Last I heard, ALL hotels have a lobby for guests to entertain their "friends". (Unless you are staying in a rat's hole).

I don't get it....SOME people want to pay "5" dollars for a room and at the same time want the hotels to cater for ALLLLLL their needs!.

You want to bring whomever you want to your room, rent Cabanas...There you can bring as many guests as you want, whenever you want....

I don't blame hotels ONE bit for not letting guests bring their "friends" to their room....If I had a hotel and someone wanted to use it as a "whorehouse", I would tell that person to go find himself/herself another place.....Perhaps an alley!!.

You are NOT fooling anybody!.....Just call it by the right name.

And as always: of course, not all!. ;););)

Btw: Am I the only person who understands and obeys hotels policies, and do NOT get mad about it?.

(See, Kyle, I listened to you, wahahaha!).

Last edited:

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Miguel .. your post are too much!

Talk about "black & white" no "gray" area with you. Thanks for your honesty and your DR knowledge.

A

apostropheman

Miguel,

do you use a stick or just your fist and feet...

when beating a DEAD HORSE

wahahahahah...me make joke, NOT :D:bunny::bunny:

Sep 19, 2005
it is still a valid question. For sure the hotel that would allow any customer to bring another person to their room any time and way they would like....would not be a hotel you would choose to stay at.

But it would be a hotel that others might stay at. And it certainly might be a hotel that some single men looking to go wild on vacation would stay at.

hell the James Bond brought anyone he wanted to his luxury hotel rooms... and no one batted an eye.

it all depends on the price i would think...keep it high enough and the lower lifes who look to dabble in the dirty streets will stay away..

but there may well be "guests" going to some peoples rooms each night that didnt check in originally.

in the long run a thread about guest friendly hotels also informs those who DO NOT WANT to stay at that type of hotel ....that they would want to avoid said hotel.

I think somewhere along the line the term "guest friendly" became a cliche...

for me it would be more important to have a hotel that didnt allow PARTY animals who go wild in their rooms all night, than to worry about men or women bringing a one night fling back to their room.

of course a family would not care for either.

semantics in the long run id say

bob

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Guest Friendly

Sometimes I wonder if people really think we are as stupid as we sound.

If they think that SOME of us do NOT know what they mean when SOME of them say "guest friendly".

MANY people use the term "guest friendly" when in reality all they mean to say is "Can I bring whomever I want, whenever I want 'friendly'"....Or "Can I bring anybody to my room, any time I want, and bang the night away".

What about the hotel's reputation, did you take the time to think about their reputation?.

There's a reason A LOT of hotels in the DR do NOT let guests take visitors to their rooms.

If they ALLLLL allow it, in MANY cases, guests would bring every single hooker/"friends" to their rooms, any time they want.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people having as much sex as they want....For all I care, bang your life away....BUUUUT

Just call it by it's real name: "Let me 'DO' whomever I want and don't bother me with all this 'no guests' rules".

The times I have stayed in ANY hotel, here, there, anywhere, whomever goes to visit me, the reception desk have called my room to let me know someone is looking for me, SO I CAN JOIN THE PERSON DOWNSTAIRS!!.

Last I heard, ALL hotels have a lobby for guests to entertain their "friends". (Unless you are staying in a rat's hole).

I don't get it....SOME people want to pay "5" dollars for a room and at the same time want the hotels to cater for ALLLLLL their needs!.

You want to bring whomever you want to your room, rent Cabanas...There you can bring as many guests as you want, whenever you want....

I don't blame hotels ONE bit for not letting guests bring their "friends" to their room....If I had a hotel and someone wanted to use it as a "whorehouse", I would tell that person to go find himself/herself another place.....Perhaps an alley!!.

You are NOT fooling anybody!.....Just call it by the right name.

And as always: of course, not all!. ;););)

Btw: Am I the only person who understands and obeys hotels policies, and do NOT get mad about it?.

(See, Kyle, I listened to you, wahahaha!).

I made many comments regarding this about a week ago. I think it's accuracy, is the reason for my stunning new red rectangle! :cheeky:
Much prettier than the boring green colour! ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Me lo dices......

Miguel .. your post are too much!

Talk about "black & white" no "gray" area with you. Thanks for your honesty and your DR knowledge.
Are they?.....Glad you think so, wahahahaha!.

Here on DR1, it's either "like me or dislike me" and nothing in between.

Just calling it like I see it.

Frog17112

Nov 20, 2007
You Guys Give "HEY, GET A ROOM" a whole new meaning

Yup...just keep beating this dead horse.

Hotels have rules so check before you book or settle for the beach, back seat of a car or whatever is available to you...or GET A ROOM at a different hotel...you can check in as a couple...:)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yo tambien tengo un chiste para ti....

Miguel,

do you use a stick or just your fist and feet...

when beating a DEAD HORSE

wahahahahah...me make joke, NOT :D:bunny::bunny:
Actually, I use a stick, my fists, me feets, my arms, my legs, my fingers, my elbows and my nose...Wahahahaha!.

Hey, since you are in a "jokey mood", I have a joke for you:

The moderator didn't think so, ;););).

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I believe in the hotel's reputation as well if they allow anyone to "just go to someone's room". There is already enough theft going on. Imagine some cheap barrio whore visiting a "guest" once she leaves she lets her way in (somehow) into another room and steals stuff.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
it is still a valid question. For sure the hotel that would allow any customer to bring another person to their room any time and way they would like....would not be a hotel you would choose to stay at.

it all depends on the price i would think...keep it high enough and the lower lifes who look to dabble in the dirty streets will stay away..

in the long run a thread about guest friendly hotels also informs those who DO NOT WANT to stay at that type of hotel ....that they would want to avoid said hotel.

bob
True.

A hotel that allows guests to bring their "guests" to their rooms, is a hotel I would NEVER stay at.

ANNND if I just happen to be staying at a hotel and I see management don't have a problem letting their guests bring hookers to their rooms, I would DEMAND my money back.

What I find funny is that MANY of these guys get REEEEEEEEALLY mad if the hotels do NOT allow them to bring whomever they want to their rooms.

They don't think about the other guests feelings or the hotel's policies, ALLLL they think is about their feelings/needs.

I have seen with my owns eyes people trying to bring hookers (or people they met 'yesterday') to their hotel rooms, even if the hotel does NOT allow it, even if the hotel is a "family hotel" (were you bring your kids also).

ANNND I have also seen how SOME do NOT understand and want the hotel to break their rules to accommodate them.

MOST even throw a hissy fit, in front of EVERYBODY, if the hotel do NOT bend backwards for them!.

I, for one, much rather know the hotel's policy before hand....That way, I can avoid them like the plague!.

Like the saying goes: "Don't get mad, guys, get a Cabana".

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Are there lists of hotels and AIs with DECENT reputation for each city in the DR on this site? So that we know which one we can and which one we should NOT stay at?

I can only talk about three in SD - those in $35 range in the Colonial Zone were decent - no extra people in the rooms, hotel Lina Barcelo - I saw a guy with 2 dark skinned women who did not look very decent to me :ermm:

Sep 19, 2005
my sister went to Punta cana one year while i was in the DR seeing my GF. I had thought about driving over there so my sister and her family could meet tavina. I wonder how that would -should go down?

i would think going back to my sisters rooms( I am sure they book multiple rooms for the gang they always have) and hang out and say hello is what we would want to do. As well as go out to eat.

shoudl we be made to stay in the lobby and chat?

i understand that the hotel would have to page or call them to come meet us. But in my mind i would think we should be able to go back to their room.

now i realize anyone with intelligence could look at this situation and see it isnt a guy dragging a hooker back to the room with him....but it would fir the "rules" of no guests to the rooms.

so would those who oppose guest friendly hotels suggest that managment discretion is what should be applied??

bob

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Y quien tu crees?....

I believe in the hotel's reputation as well if they allow anyone to "just go to someone's room". There is already enough theft going on. Imagine some cheap barrio whore visiting a "guest" once she leaves she lets her way in (somehow) into another room and steals stuff.
.....And guess who WILL be complaining about the hotel, blaming the hotel and bath-mouthing the hotel to all his/her friends, if something is stolen from their rooms?.

Yes, you guessed right, THE HOTEL'S STAFF (specifically, the cleaning lady)!!.

And the funny thing is that, in MOST cases, whomever they took to the room will NOT be blamed.....A family member, a friend, a hooker or whomever!!!.

Nothing new!.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I wonder who first coined that phrase, "Guest friendly"....
Surely a brilliant person, at the very least.
From that phrase/saying, has grown a scale, much like the "Maria scale", with varying degrees of "friendliness".
There would be the extremes, from the hotel who wouldn't allow a person of the opposite sex in, even if the client offered to pay, if no marriage certificate could be provided, to the other end of the scale, where anything goes, and a whole bunch of varying degrees of friendliness in between.

Yes, verily I say to thee, the inventor of said phrase, was a genius, an avant garde diplomat, a perspicacious person of the deepest insight.

All hotels cater to clients, referred to as guests, some registered, some not.
In the old movies, man & women who weren't married were seen to check in as Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Then came the sixties, with free love, and things loosened up.
With those newly sexually liberated times came changes of all kinds, and the hotel industry was as affected as any other.

Many new expressions were born of those revolutionary years.
Burning your bra.
Make love, not war.
Freak out.
An endless list, it is, but y'all know what I'm talking about (at least you old timers do).

Yup...
The person who coined the "guest friendly" expression is/was indeed a brilliant person, maybe even as perceptive as the author of the well renown Maria Scale.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
guess we could just say whahahahah
and think it's funny or a good thread.

Political correctness or however you want to call it - it certainly is a lot more friendly than some of the other 'requests'

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
What is the big deal if someone asks if a hotel is guest friendly?
They are not complaining about the policy and they are not asking about how to circumvent the policy.
They are not trying to fool strangers who are of no significance to them.
They are not asking for a sermon either.
Guest can refer to puta, semi-puta, non-puta, friend, relative, date, colleague, associate, acquaintance, client, supplier, etc....
I don't think it is reasonable to expect a hotel to conduct an investigation into the profession and purpose of a guest but if they were going to do some screening, I would prefer they screen for loud obnoxious a$$holes, crude public behaviour, and gross personal hygiene, rather than profession.:ermm:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Miguel, the term "guest friendly" was coined by all the uppity-to-do dominicans who go to Casa De Campo with their little university-"I'm studying to be a doctor" whores from supposedly good families.:rolleyes:

This is a dominican situation not brought on by tourists bringing in low-life street rats to their room for a night of loud, graceless debachery.:tired:

So go rant to your own people about this. Its' their island-we only do as when in Rome buddy. And quite happy to oblige, I may add.:cheeky:

Miguel, I know you live in Pennsylvania, but when did you become Amish with your Jimmy Swaggert rants against our right to have fun?

And guess what-if you wouldn't stay at a hotel where "guests" are allowed, well we don't want you there either. We want to have our fun without getting bible-thumped to death by a conservative square.:cheeky::cheeky:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Talvez, pero......

Yup...
The person who coined the "guest friendly" expression is/was indeed a brilliant person, maybe even as perceptive as the author of the well renown Maria Scale
Perhaps he was a brilliant person.....BUUUUT

I can guarentee you he did NOT have something stolen from his room by one of his "guests".....Wahahahahahaha!!.

If he did, he would be cursing the day he came up with such slogan, wahaha!!.

Think about it, ;)

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Unas cositas.....

Miguel, the term "guest friendly" was coined by all the uppity-to-do dominicans who go to Casa De Campo with their little university-"I'm studying to be a doctor" whores from supposedly good families.:rolleyes:

This is a dominican situation not brought on by tourists bringing in low-life street rats to their room for a night of loud, graceless debachery.:tired:

So go rant to your own people about this. Its' their island-we only do as when in Rome buddy. And quite happy to oblige, I may add.:cheeky:

Miguel, I know you live in Pennsylvania, but when did you become Amish with your Jimmy Swaggert rants against our right to have fun?

And guess what-if you wouldn't stay at a hotel where "guests" are allowed, well we don't want you there either. We want to have our fun without getting bible-thumped to death by a conservative square.:cheeky::cheeky:
Let me tell you a few things I know about myself:

!- I am ugly,
2- I am fat,
3- I am short,
4- I detest ignorant people,
5- I have to patience for people who do NOT use their common sense,
6- I try my best NOT to generalize.....

That said, SHOW ME where in my posts, on this thread, I said tourists are the only ones doing this?.

Now, go see how many threads for "Guests friendly hotels" started by Dominicans you can find. (Not saying that they are not there, but I can assure you there are more by non-Dominicans)......Therefore, this phrase was NOT "invented" by a Dominican.

Had you bothered to read the thread (here we go again), you would had read that I said that I don't care if people want to bang their lives away....Just say what you really want instead of trying to make us believe that it's raining while peeing on our legs.

As I said on another thread, bang whomever you want.....a hole on the ground, a hole on the ceiling, a hole on the wall.....Shyt, for all I care, bang yourself....Just do NOT think you are fooling everybody..

I understand the "having fun" part, but have fun at a place they allow you to have fun at....Just don't throw a tantrum when not allowed. Because:

The last thing I want to see, if with my wife and kids (in general) is a whoremonger bringing a different hooker every day at a place where they are NOT allowed to.

Btw: I live in "Alaska"......And yes, I am Amish!.....When it comes to using a hooker, I am an Amish!.

You should see my beard...Wahahahahaha!.

AAAAAAND, if those are the hotels you guys like to stay at, AY MI MADRE, I will stay away from them.....You can have them ALLLLLL to yourself....

Just don't ask me to visit you there, as I don't want people to "label me" a cuerazo, wahahahaha!!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.