Haiti is a threat to the Dom. Rep.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Quote Originally Posted by bachata

They are burning our threes.

Oh no! Not the threes! I don't mind if they burn the twos and the fours, but by all that's holy: not the threes!

Read before you hit REPLY.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
From what I hear dominicans where I live are saying , and some dominican university professors are teaching that in a few generations haitians will acheive real political power in the dominican , then anything is possible

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
The Haitians for the last 100 years,have destroyed their land. The Dominicans are poor managers of their on land.the garbage in so many beautiful places,make me sick.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In my opinion the biggest threat to the Dominican Republic
is corruption. Without it, no one is going to be paying bribes
to smuggle charcoal and wood out of the country.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
From what I hear dominicans where I live are saying , and some dominican university professors are teaching that in a few generations haitians will acheive real political power in the dominican , then anything is possible

Trujillo's family included Haitians. So they've already achieved political power. Just wait until Trump deports 50,000 Haitians back to Hispaniola. But the ones here in Canada are a gentle, creative asset. Unless you're a racist, you have nothing to worry about. If you are, you already sleep with a machete.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Your sources sound suspect. I discredit them for anecdotal bias. And the rest is "Chicken Little" bllsht.

Dominicans dont respect the environment either. Drive from Santiago to Sosua and count out in seconds how frequently you see green patches of grass by the roadside not contaminated with litter.

I agree with you my friend but the OP in this issue is talking about a much bigger issue here then littering. Haitians crossing the border also kill dominican soldiers for coal. jake Kheel made an documentary as well about this rising danger. Death By Thousand Cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Trujillo's family included Haitians. So they've already achieved political power. Just wait until Trump deports 50,000 Haitians back to Hispaniola. But the ones here in Canada are a gentle, creative asset. Unless you're a racist, you have nothing to worry about. If you are, you already sleep with a machete.

And this is a perspicacious statement in which manner?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Unless you're a racist, you have nothing to worry about. If you are, you already sleep with a machete.

So being willing and able to protect myself in the event I was ever
attacked in my home makes me a racist? Its clear to anyone who
lives here on the island YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING
ABOUT. As a gringo, you wouldn't last a week in some places here in the DR
once people realized you were not armed and willing to protect yourself.

Cristo Rey, Villa Faro and La Joya... just to name a few.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Hold on... Canada began ramping up deportations of Mexican, Haitians and Somalis last year. Has Canada become Xenophobic and Trudeau a racist or pragmatic ?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-canada-deportation/canada-ramps-up-deportations-amid-growing-migrant-influx-idUSKCN1B42QE

https://www.mcgilldaily.com/2017/09/harsh-realities-face-haitian-asylum-seekers-in-canada/

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Neither, he moving them out to make room for his middle eastern buddies.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Oh no! Not the threes! I don't mind if they burn the twos and the fours, but by all that's holy: not the threes!

Read before you hit REPLY.

Mean to say... Our trees, the Dominican people's natural resources.

Why you make so much noise just because I added an extra H by mistake?

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007

The Haitians in Canada don't have the need, but the ones in DR have.

My two cents!

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Poverty is cause of crime in 70%, my point of view.

JJ