Half full or half empty?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Chiri.....we leave our vehicle with an almost full tank of gas, full oil, disconnect the battery and if possible bring it inside where it sits on a piece of wood (it discharges anyway and needs to be recharged before use but at least it can be recharged - make sure cells are full of distilled water if open cell battery).
We've never had any problems (except batteries 'dying' sometime needing to be replaced) and have been gone for up to 8 months without anyone starting the car.
Have fun on your vacation!

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
I've got a 27 years old Alfa Spider back in Europe. The car has never been used more than 6 months per year, never in winter, the last 20 years only 1 or 2 month per year.
The battery I've to change every 2 years although I tried many different ways to extend its live, at the end the maximum livespan where 3 years
(recharged twice).
The mechanic of my workshop advised me to store the car in dry conditions (corrosion) and fill the tank totally with fuel (don't remember why), and lift it a bit to take the weight from the tires.
One week before I arrive the car is picked up by the mechanic and the battery charged.
Up to now the engine works perfectly and the car is in excellent condition.

I would say fill it up!