Hammer Drill

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If the power is down, the corded one is useless too :)

AE I was responding to this..........

Today's hammer drill with the Batteries are very good .... to buy i would try america fetterina in SD next to the Ikea their have a huge selections....... HD with power cords suck because when the power is down you are sh## of of luck. ok all you Einstein's

RD says the corded ones are no good cuz you can't use them when the power is down. So I just say well that battery one is no good once the battery goes dead and the power is down............

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE I was responding to this..........

RD says the corded ones are no good cuz you can't use them when the power is down. So I just say well that battery one is no good once the battery goes dead and the power is down............

Can’t argue with that, lol! Buy a manual hammer as a backup. :)

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Sledge Hammer...

CannonBall..... put the hammer down

s-l300.jpg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can’t argue with that, lol! Buy a manual hammer as a backup. :)

Can't drill a hole with a hammer

well yes and no ..............

Before the hammer drill invasion they sold, and may still do, a hand held device you would insert a carbide drill bit. You pounded the mushroom shaped head of the device with a hammer. As you pounded it make the bit rotate about half a turn. Pound away and you have a hole in the concrete, albeit not a perfect size hole but a hole nonetheless. Use that electric hammer in post #26 and you got it made in the shade.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Mine is a RIGID

House brand of Lowe's or Home Depot.....

Dual pack... Drill and Hammer drill... 2 batteries

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Jeezuz

I try to help a guy and you people pull into the mud !!

I'll get another infraction for this and you dopes will whistle by.....my grave

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Looking to find a decent place to buy a cordless hammer drill (new with battery & charger) on North Coast.

Name brands: Dewalt, Milwaukee or Porter Cable, at least 18 volt. Without having to go to Santo Domingo or paying "bend-over prices", like I was quoted in a Ferreteria in POP for a 20 Volt Dewalt for 25,000 pesos for only $180 in the US but not sure they would fly the lithium ion batteries in ?

And suggestions guys ?

A man without a hammer drill is like a fish out of water.

I'm not reading through the threads, so if this recommendation has already been posted, my apologies.. I prefer my large Milwaukee plug in, but there are times dealing with water systems and tanks like I do where a good cordless is what is needed. I use the Dewalt 20volt max for a my cordless. I do have issues with the batteries not lasting as long as I'd like, but it has the power needed to get the job done. It will not stall. I've tried different 18 volt, but they didn't hold up and lacked power. No matter what you choose, go with 20 volt. Also, If I were in your shoes, I think I'd make a trip to Puerto Rico. Buy one and bring it back.

Good luck.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Makita 18V LXT 6.0Ah
· 18 x 6.0 = 108 watt hours
· 18V X2 LXT Recipro Saw powered by two 18V 6.0Ah batteries: 2 x 108 = 216 watt hours

60V 2.0Ah battery
· 60 x 2.0 = 120 watt hours

American Airlines /; Please remove batteries from devices in your checked bags and put them in your carry-on in separate plastic bags.

Lithium-ion battery acceptance by Watt-hour (Wh):
Less than 100 Wh – Unlimited quantity in carry-on bag
100 - 160 Wh – 2 spares in carry-on bag
160 - 300 Wh – Contact Special Assistance

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I knew that is what you would say. LOL

The hammer drill with a cord do NOT suck. It all depends on what your project is. If I had a project which required drilling a lot of holes in concrete for masonry anchors I would grab my corded hammer drill without hesitation. The corded drill packs a whole lot more power and will get the job done quicker. Now if just a small little project around the home the cordless drill is just fine.

ALL depends on project of the day.

I agree with that ... I'm a home owner. not building sky scapers any more..... Dewalt is a good choice