Has anyone had a good week?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Cuban Sandwich

What's interesting is that I have never seen one in Cuba....

Sounds good though, enjoy BB (don't overeat, want keep some vitality for your lady friend :))!!!

Sure they have them in Cuba. They just dont call it a Cuban Sandwich. That must have started in Miami.

Reactions: Africaida

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
cuban sandwich - Google Search

Ham, swiss cheese, pernil (pork) , mayo, and pickles!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tickingfingersemo.gif
I don't have pickles in the house

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Sure they have them in Cuba. They just dont call it a Cuban Sandwich. That must have started in Miami.

LOL, makes sense.

But I dare you to find a Cuban with Ham, swiss cheese, pernil (pork) , mayo, and pickles in his fridge, unless he is related to Fidel :)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Anastacio, why don't you get yourself a nice dachshund puppy or a malinois pup for the family and you? Would make you smile as all pups are funny to watch and would make DRHans and me also smile, another great home for one of our pups :bunny:

What have you got left, did I get those pics?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Stopped by my favorite colmado the other day and was bitching to one of the girls about how they never have diet coke in the cooler.:mad: All the girls were laughing at me like I had rocks in my head.:cross-eye I then left not only without a diet coke, but also my cell phone which was on her counter. Several hours had passed and when I realized I had left my phone possibly there, I quickly returned.:nervous: Well, I was greeted by that same girl who was holding it up in the air while asking me if I was missing something.:surprised And before anyone asks if I gave her a reward, the answer is yes. However, with a big smile on her face the girl refused to accept it. She said you need to save your money for when you want to buy some diet coke which will be here tomorrow.:)

Great story! Aun hay esperanza Sres...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
LOL, makes sense.

But I dare you to find a Cuban with Ham, swiss cheese, pernil (pork) , mayo, and pickles in his fridge, unless he is related to Fidel :)
All toasted in some fresh Cuban bread...but it needs some mustard also...
joses-cuban1.jpg

Reactions: AlterEgo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
That's the real deal Cuban!

BTW-I don't know what Fidel eats, but those sandwiches were brought to America by the Cubans who left when he took over...

I don't think you got my joke :eek:

Or you are understandably not in the mood, lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i got myself a mild case of longaniza poisoning and i dropped some weight :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have an interview tomorrow with a very well known investment bank and am eating a cuban sandwich right know.

Life will only get better tonight when my girl comes to visit!!!:cool:

Sending positive thought waves to you for the interview tomorrow! :D

Haven't had a decent Cuban since I left NY, when we're there we eat Dominican or Italian. Can't even find a good hot pastrami down here.

Someone finally opened a small Dominican restaurant in Atlantic City, but they're charging almost twice what the Puerto Rican restaurant charges so I don't know how they'll do.....

Back on topic... Anastasio, today was a good day for me because someone who owed me $408 [since July] showed up and paid me.

AE

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Whats longaniza poisoning?
i ate longaniza (dominican sausage) that somehow always disagrees with me. first time i was sick for a week but lately i thought i may just be able to survive longaniza experience after having 4 years to get used to dominican germs :)