Has anyone had a good week?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not too bad a week. Classes are going smoothly. Kids getting into the Wiki. My daughter, grandson and her hubby are here. Really good to see them all. Health is good. Mrs. HB is getting healthy. Dogs are good. Yoshi is getting special baths. Had a birthday, always a good thing!! Can't wait for the next one!!

I think I will take some longaniza to DV8....the really good stuff made in Licey...

Why complain? We are so much better off than 99% of the people in the world!!

Gracias a Dios..

HB

BIGBOY21

Sep 15, 2010
Well I can't say I had a good week, but on Saturday I will be crossing the border don?t live in the Dr yet but I?m there every chance I get and it is a breath of fresh air and I need it and I thank God it is there, Port-au-Prince is a rough place I tell you, so yes despite what anyone says the DR is great, nice people, lots to do, and the beer is always served cold and the best thing is piece of mind without having to sleep with an M-14 and a 45, can't wait for Saturday, a long drive to Santiago but well worth it, I?m going to sleep, eat, drink, a few other things witch I have no need to mention and sleep some more, I love the DR so much if she was a girl I would marry her, so this week wasn?t that awesome but the next one will all because I?ll be there!!! :)

Reactions: waytogo

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's been a short week, anyway. Mainly good - clients behaving themselves and even paying up - although one used a method of payment which won't clear for another 5 working days - which has altered our plans for the long weekend. Touch of grief with a telecomms company - but it was resolved to our satisfaction.

I suppose as we have 24/7 electricity, no tapones and live in a safe, quiet area we have to be given a little something to moan about.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
i like you bigboy you are a laugh and i hope you live up to your name!!
this week is a bit stressful for me as im waiting for a response for my mother in law visa.
and wish me luck for tomorow as my daughter got a casting for a famous clothes brand and it's worlwide campaign.she got a huge scratch on her nose so its gonna be hard!!

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Marry the DR

Well I can't say I had a good week, but on Saturday I will be crossing the border don?t live in the Dr yet but I?m there every chance I get and it is a breath of fresh air and I need it and I thank God it is there, Port-au-Prince is a rough place I tell you, so yes despite what anyone says the DR is great, nice people, lots to do, and the beer is always served cold and the best thing is piece of mind without having to sleep with an M-14 and a 45, can't wait for Saturday, a long drive to Santiago but well worth it, I?m going to sleep, eat, drink, a few other things witch I have no need to mention and sleep some more, I love the DR so much if she was a girl I would marry her, so this week wasn?t that awesome but the next one will all because I?ll be there!!! :)

Well of course if your ex girlfriend was Haiti you would want to marry your new girlfriend the DR.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
The suns been out alot !, lot's of intermittent rain for five/ten min only, the gardens are happy, clients are happy, the broken tooth yesterday afternoon demanded a prompt root canal but woke up this AM with full sun, no pain so whats there to complain about ?,

Not alot,

LT

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am not having a good week because I borrowed some books from the library and gave them to some people who have not returned those to me. Now I have to return books to the library or pay the fine. :(

The lesson is - never do anything nice to anyone, you will have to pay!

Reactions: waytogo

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I had a good week - went to the drumming circle for the first time (not my first time drumming) and was really ENERGIZED -- and good enough for them to invite me in for the performance they are giving next week. Will have to dress like an AfroGringa!

Plus I got to swim in the pool today before the rain storm.

And had a great manicure/pedicure that did not actually take two hours!

Ah--- life is good...

Chin up, Anacostio,

"Mama said there'd be days like that!"

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I had a good week - went to the drumming circle for the first time (not my first time drumming) and was really ENERGIZED -- QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds cool, I've never heard of much of a scene over here, where does all this happen, sounds fun!!

And it seems all your positive experiences has picked things up here, my little girls temperature has eventually dropped down to 38.1, which is still high IMO but considering she was up at 39.3 we were extremely worried for a while. So I'm off to buy the wendy house with tunnel we had so much trouble getting her out of when we visited IKEA, just as a well done gift for being so brave while so hot.
Decided on a paint colour which was becoming a serious stress and stupidly kicked off some strong arguements, I've backed down now I took an outside seat and realised how rediculous this was, it will be covered in crayons within 24 hours anyway!
I have found a really good beer called 'The Numer one', I had a word with the guy in the supermarket and he tells me it is produced by a gringo over here, but after reading the bottle once home I have no reason to believe him. It is however the best beer I have tasted over here, I'm off presidente for the time being.
My attempt at pumpkin curry was a disaster, but we had a laugh at it as it was truely discusting, really, you can't imagine, lol:eek:gre:

So my quaterly glitch has passed and we can look forward safely for the next 3 months until the next.
Happy days people!:bunny:;):bunny: