Has everyone been following these

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Holy Mackeral! I am floundering is all of the

snide references, Like a school of barracudas out there.

So, I, guppy, would like to say that I have never considered myself to be an ex-pat. I do not live as an expat, but rather like any normal Dominican family--if there is such a thing.

I do hope you'll be moray precise with your eel like comments in the future.

HB :p

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Wow

All this tilapia talk is making me hungry! Past the tartar sauce before someone snappers it all up. yummy! Oh yeah, I'm a resident, does that make me a fat catfish or a red herring? :D

NotLurking

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
NotLurking said:
Oh yeah, I'm a resident, does that make me a fat catfish or a red herring? :D

NotLurking

Must make you a tadpole - 'cause you 'can't make it in real world' according to one poster... I'm a resident too. Now can I have a bumper sticker with a fish on?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I sent a package to the DR COD but hasn't arrived yet. The post office said it they haven' seem it.

I don't know, but it all smells fishy to me. :laugh:

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Hmmmm

I have always been a fan of salmon, when I get to live in the DR will I be going against the current?

Escott,

I find myself agreeing with you more and more often.

All the best,

JD

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Holy mackerel! I think this thread has fishtailed out of control. I guess this is one time we can go off topic without worrying about the moderator cutting the line.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Jersey Devil said:
I have always been a fan of salmon, when I get to live in the DR will I be going against the current?

Escott,

I find myself agreeing with you more and more often.

All the best,

JD
Most decent people will eventually. I am just a little ahead of my time. Try not to fight it! LOL

Must be my built in BS meter.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Tim stop counting your votes and get in here and clean this up.

It stinks in here. :cross-eye

Escott said:
Has everyone been following these soap opera's on DR1 lately or just me?

This is one reason I keep to myself. I hardly even go out in the evenings in Sosua. Living in Sosua is like living in a fishbowl. Take a crap on one end of town and they know the brand of toilet paper you used on the Other END! Except there are three different versions that come out and that is not a figure of speech.

I don't know most of the parties involved and have NO information regarding any of the accusations that have floated around

Edited by Tim H.
I know you were vague, but it's to close to a personal attack.

I know how to pick my friends and this is exactly a great example of my sense of people.

If you are coming here to do business be very very careful. Watch out who you associate with, who you do business with and even who you pick as your attorney. Pick your friends wisely and do NOT think that others will treat you as you would treat them. Seek out sound advise and get to know the lay of the land and the culture before you do ANYTHING HERE!

I always said that if I can help someone who moves here NOT to get screwed their first 5 times they do anything that they would like the place. The others are drowning their sorrows at a particular bar on Pedro Clisante!

I am going to post this advice on my blog which is:

http://www.dr1.com/blog/?u=Escott

Despite what you have been reading here for the last several days there are actually a lot of great people living in the Sosua/Cabarete area but always keep that old Latin saying in mind when you are doing business here and anywhere else "Let the Buyer Beware". That is some good advice.

Pick your friends, business associates and others with extreme care. You ARE who you associate with and yes the doodie does rub off!

As the dope said,
Stay safe...

Edited to add:
You can read the UNEDITED version in my blog and the link is on top. My butt brother cant edit that. Tough titties Tim

It appears your blog is gone, cannot access it..........

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I agree

Anna Coniglio said:
Tim stop counting your votes and get in here and clean this up.

It stinks in here. :cross-eye

Not to try to bait you, Tim, but I think it's time to sink this mindless carping. I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10, I just can't fathom a value.

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
I say, Chiri old trout..

Chirimoya said:
I agree. My main, no - sole - reason for being here is to be a big fish in a small pond.
That's cutting it a bit fin, You can probably fillet up if you really ponder. Just an observation from my lofty perch, or perhaps a bucket of codswallop.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Something is definitely fishy about this thread. There is a combination of crab and crappie.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Escott said:
This thread started out about a bunch of sharks swimming in the water and has now gathered some steam. It has been fun but SHUT THE DAMN THING DOWN ALREADY! LOL

Scott, why are you acting so crappie? I say we turn up the bass so you can hear some moray.

Larry