Has everyone been following these

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
A women's perspective...

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day...Teach a man to fish, you get rid of him for the weekend, and
Good things come to those who bait! And for the men, make sure you always carry a stiff rod.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Does this thread still have a porpoise or will we just flounder around?

In other words, do we fish or cut bait?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I would say...

wait a minute...

(the tune from Jaws starts)

what is that?

(the water is murky and rather still, but something looks good to eat)

Oh noo, I'm caught! Oh noooo. I fell for the bait, help me, help me, help meeeee!

:classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
stan chapman said:
C'mon Ken, don't be a piker

Stan, in a previous post you asked about quoting part of a post. I see you tried, but it didn't come out as a quote. You are obviously a fish out of water that needs help.

First, click on the reply button inside the post. The previous post will appear in a new window, but at the beginning you will see [] with the quote and name of poster in between, and at the end you will see [] with quote in between. You can delete the part of the text of the message that you don't want to appear in your message, but both those [] and everything between them has to be part of what stays.

Last edited:

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
A minor snag

Ken said:
Stan, in a previous post you asked about quoting part of a post. I see you tried, but it didn't come out as a quote. You are obviously a fish out of water that needs help.

Thanks, Ken. I think I sea what you mean. I'm often up the creek. Maybe some day I'll be able to help someone else, I do believe in squid pro quo.

Having another look at the original post, I am now convinced that the net result of our dreadful puns is that the thread has been jacked. I'm going to refrain from further contibutions, lest the moderator or Robert makes me walk the plankton or turns me into a troll.

That's it!! promise. Stan.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Tee Hee

Conger atulations - a very funny thread.

Please put me down as a tax avoider something that is neither illegal nor shameful. All my working life my businesses and I pumped thousands into the UK economy and now I live here receiving no benefit from that money whatsoever. As Cod is my witness, I take great offense at this. I Ruddy well Smelt a rat. :cross-eye