Have You Seen This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
At the same time, asking if one values the life of an innocent child is a far different thing than asking if one supports early termination of a pregnancy. Many can see the value in both.
Agreed.

Chip said:
The fact that Dominicans put kids on motos is more because of lack of other means and innocence of the real risks.
Up to a point, yes - that's why I mentioned the other examples which do not have that mitigating factor.

Aug 6, 2006
Hey, that wasn't Adam's fault he was just being a man, it was all Eve's fault because she did what women do best.

====================================================
Adam was listening to the snake, because men always listen to the snake, as it were. But Eve listened to the snake first.

In a more real-life allegory, Adam would have listened to the snake in hopes of getting a little beaver. Many men may aspire to the knowledge of good and evil, but ALL men hear the call of the beaver.

Well, most of them, anyway.

Aug 6, 2006
The thing is, that there is this defect in the system.
In an ideal world, women would come with a switch with two positions: "BABY" and "FUN". Then they would be on a par with men, who generally have FUN in mind.

Since women did not come with the switch, I say, let them decide when they feel the urge to spend the next 18 years raising a child.

It's not a child until it is born, anyway.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Asking a rhetorical question like "don't you value innocent life?" is so disingenuous to me, that it begs the question about what is "innocence?" Is your 15 yr old daughter who gets raped and impregnated not "innocent?" are the millions of women in third world countries who cannot afford another mouth to feed not innocent? are not the billions of people surviving on $1 dollar a day and starving for nutrition not innocent?

If some 13yr old kid pulls a gun on me and is threatening to shoot me or my family, and i haven't had coffee yet, and i'm late for work, and I have the opportunity to kill him in order to protect me or my family, i'm sorry, my family and my coffee are more important to me in the morning...and if i lose my job, i cannot afford either one.

If my wife is dying of cancer and she is also pregnant, but the Dominican system will not allow her to have an abortion in order to start Chemotherapy, i have no problem aborting the child with my own two hands...maybe even making some stir-fry or scrambled eggs with the fetus afterwards. my wife and i will have plenty of opportunities to have more kids in the future if she survives her cancer.

If my daughter is raped by our neighbor--who just got deported 9 months ago from Cabarete BTW--and the Government will not allow us to abort the baby...i will take the baby out myself with my own hands and stir-fry it and serve it to him in Dominican jail (inmates must have someone bring them food everyday). Do you think for one Fu%king minute i would allow my daughter to have a baby by a 60yr old, ugly pedophile that has a hygiene problem and fungus on his feet? Do you think i would take the chance that the baby is born deformed or mentally handicapped and then i'm stuck for the next 50 years of my life raising a deformed or mentally handicapped baby fathered by a 60yr old pedophile that raped my daughter. Are you fuc^king out of your mind!?

If my wife has another affair with a Watchie-man and gets pregnant...do you think for a Fu^king second that i am going to raise and finance the kid of some illiterate, unemployable Camposino who only make US $40 a week and is banging my wife while i am at work slaving for the Man?

Let me be clear about this...i don't care if the 10 week old fetus is a human or a clump of cells or not...if we agree that it is OK to kill another human being to protect our family, and it is OK to kill another human being if we are at war, and it is OK to kill another human being who is attacking us with a machete...then why should I have a problem aborting a 10 week old fetus when its me who is going to be stuck for the next 18yrs of my life raising someone else's fuc^king kid?

Religious people need to wake the F^uck up and realize that we kill everyday for numerous reasons. We kill without any remorse or protest. Do you see any religious people mourning when an abortion doctor gets killed? Do you see them mourning when we're at war with someone over our right to exist on this planet--I.E WWI, WWII; do you see them mourning when there are 5 million kids dying every single year before the age of 9 from Malnutrition, Starvation, Cholera, Malaria, War, TB, AIDS, etc.; do you see them mourning when they watch their children go off to war in various countries around the world to defend our so-called Freedom back in the USA? How many Americans from religious backgrounds are in the US Armed Forces right now? How many have served in the past 100 years? Where was the outcry about killing in war? How about the carpet bombing in Dresden...were their not pregnant women killed in all our carpet bombings throughout the ages?

I was raised in a religious home both in the USA and Dominican Republic. You know what i noticed? Religious people suffer from the same brain-damage that inflicts stupid people world wide..they cannot think, and they become fixated on a few issues right up to the point where they become the victim of the issues.

PS. I must have my coffee now.

Love Frank

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Many men may aspire to the knowledge of good and evil, but ALL men hear the call of the beaver.

Well, most of them, anyway.

Some men can enjoy the God given beauty of women just by being in their presence and being a gentlemen. You should try it sometime.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Asking a rhetorical question like "don't you value innocent life?" is so disingenuous to me, that it begs the question about what is "innocence?" Is your 15 yr old daughter who gets raped and impregnated not "innocent?" are the millions of women in third world countries who cannot afford another mouth to feed not innocent? are not the billions of people surviving on $1 dollar a day and starving for nutrition not innocent?

Why is it abortion proponents only want to discuss medical abortions?? Would it be because they know that is the most "moral" part of their argument??? Of course it is. Nonetheless, the facts are clear, abortion proponents want on demand abortion, which is hardly moral to say the least. It is disingenuous to then only promote medical abortions as the reason for it's justification.

Regarding why people starve it's only because of man's greed as there is more than enough food available to feed anyone. It makes no sense to take innocent lives because of the greed of others.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why is it abortion proponents only want to discuss medical abortions?? Would it be because they know that is the most "moral" part of their argument??? Of course it is. Nonetheless, the facts are clear, abortion proponents want on demand abortion, which is hardly moral to say the least. It is disingenuous to then only promote medical abortions as the reason for it's justification.

Regarding why people starve it's only because of man's greed as there is more than enough food available to feed anyone. It makes no sense to take innocent lives because of the greed of others.

I have said that I favor a woman's right to choose from the beginning of your crusade.

Her choice, not your church's, not yours and not mine.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have said that I favor a woman's right to choose from the beginning of your crusade.

Her choice, not your church's, not yours and not mine.

This is about the DR so your opinion is mostly irrelevant. Dominicans by far disapprove of abortion, and that is what matters.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
have you let chip overtake this thread? again? man, you be so weak! ignore him and he will go away. do not respond to his messages, do not quote him, do not read his post. ignore him. chip does not exist.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
chip has had to change his "Undies" twice already today!
Soooooooooooooooooooooo many people taking notice of HIM!
It is really not about abortion, it's always about chip.
You SHOULD use a condom chip, that way when you get all excited about the attention, you won't mess yourself.
Since there is enough food for everyone, why doesn't the church see that they get it????
Because they want to see all those Muslim children in Africa starve to death.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I can't ignore the abortion thing......AHHHHHH. I might have a heart attack I tried dv8!
The DR is a screwed up place so of course men would decide if women should keep a baby. AHHHHHHHHH. I cannot let myself come back to this thread or i may explode!

I think you're completely wrong there, if the men had anything to say about this then there would be more abortions here. How many fathers don't take care of their off spring already or don't want anything to do with baby? No es mio!!! ;)
Back on topic and not Chippies

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Why do we have to put up with almost daily posts about how bad or primitive Dominican society is??? Pot meet kettle.

I think you're completely wrong there, if the men had anything to say about this then there would be more abortions here. How many fathers don't take care of their off spring already or don't want anything to do with baby? No es mio!!! ;)
Back on topic and not Chippies

I meant more of the government. I thought it was illegal here. no more talk about this, I stop now. I shouldn't have brought the off topic up any more. I tried to contain myself, really tried but couldn't. SORRY!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I sometimes ask myself how much some Dominicans value the life of innocent children when they pile as many as four including newborns onto a motoconcho or the back of a pickup, or let them rattle round without a seatbelt let alone a childseat in speeding vehicles while the driver texts or speaks on the phone while driving, or when they hand them over to a relative to raise without looking back.

Excellent point...this baffles me and I say out of anger, how can they aspire to be loving to their children while committing such senseless actions...Education excuse is pure bull****...lack of common sense?? again BS....its pretty clear by the amount of traffic deaths that this stuff happens and people continue to do.... the only solution is huge fines and jail time for putting others at risk!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
You responded to my post and claimed your values as an atheist were better than "churchgoers" and yet I have no right to respond to you??? Hypocrite.

With regard to your stance on abortion your defensive posture and attempt to discredit me over supposed semantics leave no doubt as to your stance.

Sorry to have to continue off-topic, but Chip is stating untruths about what I have said and resorting to insults.
1. I have never said that my values as an atheist are better than churchgoers - I have said they are better than MANY churchgoers. They are probably worse than other churchgoers and atheists. You can't tar people of either group all with the same brush.
2. I don't know where I have been such a hypocrite that I said you have no right to respond to me.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
ANOTHER thread like a runaway train. Come on folks, this is not Off Topic. How many times to we have to say NO RELIGION on regular DR1 forums??????

Status
Not open for further replies.