Have You Seen This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"DR", for chip, EVERYTHING has to do with abortion!
He craves some attention, so he uses the old "Yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater" ploy to get someone/anyone, to notice him.
I mean his old, "I am studying for a "Masters" in engineering", I speak such great Spanish that I am always taken for a Dominican, I help the poor,lines have "whiskers"!
He, to his credit, has found that his "Anti Abortion" diatribes gives him his "15 Minutes Of Fame" better than "Screaming".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
The term "innocent life" seems to be contradictory to the concept of Original Sin. According to the Holy Mother Church, we are all corrupt and filled with sin ever since our ancestors Adam & Eve sucommed to the deceptive words of a talking snake. All are correupt from the stench of the didie to the reek of the shroud and only Divine Grace can save us. No human life is innocent. Or so sayeth the Church...

I don't subscribe to this, but I observe that many who do use the term "inocent life" to refer to fetuses.

Shakespeare had no stand on abortion, by the way. He voiced no opinion on semi-automatic weapons, either.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If the Catholic Church was indeed good and not part of the corrupt problem, they should cross the political line and get involved in change! They should be at the forefront of changing the current power base and ending the political corruption which is the underlying problem to ALL the other problems. I want to see mass peaceful protests LED by the church! The youth and the Church should unite. With social media it could and should happen. The DR has plentiful resources to solve all the problems, if they were not stolen.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The term "innocent life" seems to be contradictory to the concept of Original Sin. According to the Holy Mother Church, we are all corrupt and filled with sin ever since our ancestors Adam & Eve sucommed to the deceptive words of a talking snake. All are correupt from the stench of the didie to the reek of the shroud and only Divine Grace can save us. No human life is innocent. Or so sayeth the Church...

I don't subscribe to this, but I observe that many who do use the term "inocent life" to refer to fetuses.

Shakespeare had no stand on abortion, by the way. He voiced no opinion on semi-automatic weapons, either.

Hey, that wasn't Adam's fault he was just being a man, it was all Eve's fault because she did what women do best. ;)

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
If the Catholic Church was indeed good and not part of the corrupt problem, they should cross the political line and get involved in change! They should be at the forefront of changing the current power base and ending the political corruption which is the underlying problem to ALL the other problems. I want to see mass peaceful protests LED by the church! The youth and the Church should unite. With social media it could and should happen. The DR has plentiful resources to solve all the problems, if they were not stolen.

Governments and Church control the mass for them it's not a problem and as Chippie stated nicely few elites decide what is right and wrong and the population in turn accept this with the promise that they "will be taken care of".

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Your arguments become more and more bizarre. You don't have to know every word that Shakespeare wrote to be a native English speaker (although I did study Shakespeare at school). However, out of courtesy, I did look for Shakespeare quotes using "innocent life" on the web and only found the following, from King John:

"BIGOT
Out, dunghill! darest thou brave a nobleman?

HUBERT
Not for my life: but yet I dare defend
My innocent life against an emperor."

I don't see what this has to do with abortion or political correctness.

In spite of your protests your atheist values don't compare favorably with those of the average Dominican who see the value of an innocent life. If you are not sure ask them "si vale la vida inocente de un bebe" and see what they tell you. Please go ahead and explain to them how this term is "bizarre" and see how they respond.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Atheist values are varied as are Atheists, and as are so call Christians who don't come close to walking the walk. I know many atheists and secular humanists that have both a good value system and strong unwavering ethics. These are honest and reliable people with not a religious bone in their bodies. They don't preach their ethics, they live it. However this thread is not about Abortion...etc but about the low general morals of Dominicans, at least in Tourist areas. A value system begins at home and where you have people that don't scold their children for trespassing, excessive noise, vandalism, bad language, manners...etc. you end up with people that have little or no respect for other people or their property. The previous statement could apply to many countries and it does. Unfortunately it also applies to the DR. As far as the website- somebody has an agenda.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Atheist values are varied as are Atheists, and as are so call Christians who don't come close to walking the walk. I know many atheists and secular humanists that have both a good value system and strong unwavering ethics. These are honest and reliable people with not a religious bone in their bodies. They don't preach their ethics, they live it. However this thread is not about Abortion...etc but about the low general morals of Dominicans, at least in Tourist areas. A value system begins at home and where you have people that don't scold their children for trespassing, excessive noise, vandalism, bad language, manners...etc. you end up with people that have little or no respect for other people or their property. The previous statement could apply to many countries and it does. Unfortunately it also applies to the DR. As far as the website- somebody has an agenda.

I've known and had friends that are atheists that have solid values and indeed value innocent life, which is good of course.

Regarding the general morals in the tourist areas, I'm afraid it is a symbiotic system that attracts people w/o scruples. The young and the innocent are the one's who pay the real price.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

The Catholic Church here often opines about the corruption in the local newspapers. While there is a Concordat, that goes only so far.

There are many people who are involved in the church but the reality is in today's day and age it is getting to the point that people are being ostracized for the faith, which drives youths away for fear of being rejected by their peers.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The Catholic Church here often opines about the corruption in the local newspapers. While there is a Concordat, that goes only so far.

There are many people who are involved in the church but the reality is in today's day and age it is getting to the point that people are being ostracized for the faith, which drives youths away for fear of being rejected by their peers.

I don't believe that is the case in the DR. I know many youth involved in Catholic church organized activities. The Catholic church itself has always accepted corruption as long as the church benefited. That doesn't mean that individual priests ...etc agree with that.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"If You "SELL IT", They Will CUM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because the Dominican culture treats women as property, to be done with what the males choose, sex has always been abundant,and cheap.
Dominican women have few options to find work that allows them to support their children.
The "Fathers" are absent!
There are many factors that make a woman in the DR sell themselves.
That is another very long thread, I'm not going to start here, today!
I will say this,blaming "Sex Tourists" is just a cop out!
They are just the visible part of what is already going on here, by Dominican Men!
Whenever I visit "Whore Houses", and other establishments that have women available for sex, 99% are the clients
are Dominican men,"Catholics" to boot!
Stop blaming "Tourists" for a Dominican Problem!
It's the same failed logic that blames deported Dominicans as causing the huge crime wave here.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In spite of your protests your atheist values don't compare favorably with those of the average Dominican who see the value of an innocent life. If you are not sure ask them "si vale la vida inocente de un bebe" and see what they tell you. Please go ahead and explain to them how this term is "bizarre" and see how they respond.

I don't see what right you have to "opine" on my values compared with Dominicans or my views on "innocent life" (abortion). You don't know me and I have not said what my views on abortion are. All I have said is that I flatter myself that I have strong values - higher than many churchgoers.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't see what right you have to "opine" on my values compared with Dominicans or my views on "innocent life" (abortion). You don't know me and I have not said what my views on abortion are. All I have said is that I flatter myself that I have strong values - higher than many churchgoers.

You responded to my post and claimed your values as an atheist were better than "churchgoers" and yet I have no right to respond to you??? Hypocrite.

With regard to your stance on abortion your defensive posture and attempt to discredit me over supposed semantics leave no doubt as to your stance.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
If you are not sure ask them "si vale la vida inocente de un bebe" and see what they tell you.

Chip, it's often in how you ask the question. Ask them if they value the lives of human beings. They'll tell you yes. Then some of those same people will go out and beat a thief to death for stealing a loaf of bread.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, it's often in how you ask the question. Ask them if they value the lives of human beings. They'll tell you yes. Then some of those same people will go out and beat a thief to death for stealing a loaf of bread.

Exaggeration pure and simple, the number one tool of liberals.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I sometimes ask myself how much some Dominicans value the life of innocent children when they pile as many as four including newborns onto a motoconcho or the back of a pickup, or let them rattle round without a seatbelt let alone a childseat in speeding vehicles while the driver texts or speaks on the phone while driving, or when they hand them over to a relative to raise without looking back.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Good point, Chiri.
At the same time, asking if one values the life of an innocent child is a far different thing than asking if one supports early termination of a pregnancy. Many can see the value in both.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The fact that Dominicans put kids on motos is more because of lack of other means and innocence of the real risks.

Still, that is 100 times better than knowing abortion is the dismembering of a child and then willing approving it. How barbaric. And we claim to be "first world".

Status
Not open for further replies.