He Got The Call!!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I've posted before... and it's true...

Many people get visas for their spouses without even a interview ... I know a number of them ... so it leads me to the same point as I posted awhile ago.
If the papers were done properly and EVERYTHING sent in at one time, he would've been here a long time ago.

Goodnight

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Barbie there was also a problem with a child here to consider. Things got dragged out and both their medicals ran out.

Every case is so different that's what makes it frustrating

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
GREAT!!

Like you said, you have posted it before, so there is no need to post it again. The lesson for others, to help them is:

do your papers properly and send everthing in at one time.

And... like I have said before, my papers were done perfectly, it was only a simple birth certificate with a bad issue date. Which to my research, I have not found anything that specifies that the issue date must be within 2 years of your birthdate.

Now, la barbie, I am glad we are on the same page: a helping thread! ...and together we have posted two important lessons for everyone to learn.

Thankyou!

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Barbie there was also a problem with a child here to consider. Things got dragged out and both their medicals ran out.

Every case is so different that's what makes it frustrating

Thanks again Anna! I am glad that there are some people understanding the point of this thread. To help others not make the same mistakes!!

Kim

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hey Everyone!

I hope nobody got too excited to see that I have posted. Just wanted to check in and say that it has been 3 months today (May 9) since Oscar and Jenni had their second medical and we have not heard one peep from immigration.

Hope everyone is OK and having some success. I do check in to DR1 everyday or two to see what is going on, so I am here if anyone has questions.

Has anyone found the answer to how long the medical results take to come back to the embassy?

I will post if something does happen. I am hoping any day now since I would assume 3 months would be an average time.

Kim
Have you been able to verify that the Clinic has sent in the papers to Port of Spain? Our papers sat in the clinic for 6 weeks, and only moved because I called them. You really need to stay on top of this. Make sure that your paperwork is flowing the way it is supposed to and that it with the right person. Good luck! Sounds like it won't be much longer now.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Port of Spain? You mean Port-au-Prince right Nelly? I don't want people to get more confused. ;)

Last edited:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Port of Spain? You mean Port-au-Prince right Nelly? I don't want people to get more confused. ;)

Unless something has changed since 2003 and it certainly could have, I have understood that the medicals go to Port of Spain (Trindad) directly from the Clinic. Port of Spain assesses same, and forwards a report to the Hatian office in Port-au-Prince.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Have you been able to verify that the Clinic has sent in the papers to Port of Spain? Our papers sat in the clinic for 6 weeks, and only moved because I called them. You really need to stay on top of this. Make sure that your paperwork is flowing the way it is supposed to and that it with the right person. Good luck! Sounds like it won't be much longer now.

When Oscar picked up the package...passports, new medical form...it came with a letter saying that we are not to contact them or it will slow the proccess down. It also said that it could take 5-6months depending on how busy they are and the papers do go to Trinidad.

I am hoping that my MP can find out where the papers are sitting. How long did it take for the medical after the 6weeks?

Kim

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
When Oscar picked up the package...passports, new medical form...it came with a letter saying that we are not to contact them or it will slow the proccess down. It also said that it could take 5-6months depending on how busy they are and the papers do go to Trinidad.

I am hoping that my MP can find out where the papers are sitting. How long did it take for the medical after the 6weeks?

Kim

Hi Kim,

It was actually a second medical for one of the children. There was a medical issue with the son. After it was submitted (upon my follow up), the paperwork was fast tracked as the other medicals were due to expire. We only had a window of a few weeks to have him actually land in Canada or the process would have been significantly delayed.

I don't agree with not contacting them. Well, maybe him, but not you. They do work for us. These are our government officials and the process is very costly both financially and emotionally. I think you have a right to enquire. They do make a lot of mistakes also and they won't find them unless someone asks. My MP was no help at all. I emailed the general mailbox on their websites both Haiti and Santo Domingo, and copied the Minister of Immigration on all initial contacts. I was professional and to the point in my emails with the information I wanted to know. I stated file numbers and dates. Asked direct, specific questions. After being a bit tenacious, I was lucky enough to have made email contact with a very nice lady in the processing office who I was able to correspond with regarding my husband's file.

Again I wish you the best of luck with the process, and even more luck for after.

Cuidate,
Kelly

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
They do work for us. These are our government officials and the process is very costly both financially and emotionally. I think you have a right to enquire. ... and copied the Minister of Immigration on all initial contacts.

Thanks Kelly,

I think I will write a letter to Laura Diaz (head of immigration in SD). She was the only help before.

I also agree that they are working for us, but I don't think they think so.

Could you please specify what is "the Minister of Immigration"?

Thanks again,

Kim

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
A Minister is a Cabinet Minister in charge of a certian department (ie. Education, Revenue, Foreign Affairs, Human Resources, Immigration, etc. ). Usually appointed by the PM, the Minister currently incharge of Immigration is Diane Findley. You can send comments to the Honourable Diane Finley at Minister@cic.gc.ca. This is a general mailbox and they do not handle status updates or application inquiries at this email address but it does not hurt to email them anyway when you are dealing with the offices abroad. The offices in Haiti responded much quicker to me when I copied the Minister on my emails. I think this is the only avenue that I experienced whereby some sense of accountibility was placed upon the people processing our application.
Before that, when I called Haiti, they actually hung up on me on several occassions. lol

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Update

This does not ever seem to end!!!

Just to let all those going for the second medical, it only takes about 8 weeks. And do not pay any attention to the letter that comes with the package stating do not contact us, as it may take 5-6months. But...

Surprise, surprise, they want more documents.

Because Crazymoons husband getting his visa, had me question why his went so much faster when her husband had his second medical a month and a half after mine. So I wrote another email to SD to have it forwarded to Haiti. I asked them if there were any documents still need and to phone Oscar if so. They responded with the following email:

"Good day,

We requested documents in March 2007, and are still waiting for these documents.

Sincerely,

PRNCE (IM)"

So I forwarded this to my MP and wrote another email to Haiti asking them to specify what documents. My MP also wrote them and got a response within an hour. I have still heard nothing. My MP sent me the following email:

"Hi Kim, Well I had some luck in getting a response. This is what they need from your husband.
1) Authorization from the child's mother for the daughter to reside permanently in Canada with him / civil status must be accurate.
2) A copy of first national ID card "cedula" he ever had.
I hope this information helps, and they said that they sent it on March 13, 2007. Therefore, if you can get this information to your husband so he can get it in on Monday that would be good. Could you let me know when he sends his information in so that I can monitor it? Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!"

If my memory serves me correct, have Oscar not already given 2 letters, stamped by a judge, from Jenni's mom?????????? And why wasn't the cedula requested at the interview in September????????

On a more positive note, I am hoping this is the end of it and my MP said that she was going to "monitor it". I also told MP that I am not finished saying what I have to say even if he does get his visa. What they have been doing is unproffessional and is not right.

My MP has also decided to deal with the situation directly through the minister of immigration, which could turn out to be a positive asset.

Thanks again for all the support. Hopefully this will end soon and I hope my problem help others.

Kim

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Almost finished!!!

Well, Oscar handed in the requested documents on June 13 and I asked my MP to look into the status on Monday (June 25). She got a great response:

THEY ISSUED THE VISAS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also told her that they would contact him mid July when the passorts get to Santo Domingo (I am hoping a week or so).

I will keep you posted. Also, if there are any recent flyers, flight info would be a great help.

Kim

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Kimmy,
When you look online, does it say "decision made"?? I just checked my status yesterday and thats what our says!! CONGRATS!!! So, why do you think it's gonna take until mid July to get the passports to Santo Domingo. I'm confused. Is that from Haiti??
I'm also looking for flight info from DR to Toronto. So if you find out anything, please let me know. Thanks so much.
I'm soooooooooo happy 4 u. I can't believe it's been so long 4 u.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Kimmy,
When you look online, does it say "decision made"?? I just checked my status yesterday and thats what our says!! CONGRATS!!! So, why do you think it's gonna take until mid July to get the passports to Santo Domingo. I'm confused. Is that from Haiti??
I'm also looking for flight info from DR to Toronto. So if you find out anything, please let me know. Thanks so much.
I'm soooooooooo happy 4 u. I can't believe it's been so long 4 u.

Thanks so much!

No online has not changed yet, they only issued it today. I am hoping that they gave themselves some extra time, but really it is only two and a half weeks away. Yes that is from Haiti and they will call him when the passports come back to Santo Domingo.

Congrats to yourself!!

I have been following your thread and I will for sure let you know if I find something. Although, I looked on the Skyservice website and did read a bit on passports and visas and it did not say that first timers could not fly, as long as they have the correct ID (from what I can understand). This is the copy and paste:

Passport, Identification and Visa Information

.Skyservice Airlines (like all carriers) is required to adhere to the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) that makes it necessary for the airline to collect specific information from every passenger travelling to Canada, to Mexico and to/from the U.S. Other countries may also have, or may be in the process of requiring this information. The purpose of this information is to maintain safety and security in aviation.

Advance Passenger Information must be supplied by the passenger at time of check-in or they will be unable to travel.

Following is a list of information required:
1. Full name (last name, first name, middle name if applicable)
2. Gender
3. Date of Birth
4. Nationality
5. Country of residence
6. Travel document type (normally passport)
7. Travel document number (expiry date and country of issue for passport)

Travel within Canada

Passengers over the age of 16 years - a valid government issued picture ID is required (e.g. driver's license, health card)
Travel between Canada and the USA

Skyservice Airlines reminds air travelers that effective January 23, 2007, passengers and crew entering the US by air from Canada will be required to present a valid passport.

We strongly recommend customers who do not hold valid passports apply for new passports well in advance of travel plans.

Additional information on Canada-U.S. border regulations is available from the Canada Border Services Agency Welcome to the Canada Border Services Agency | Bienvenue ? l'Agence des services frontaliers du Canada. Information on Canadian passport applications is available from Passport Canada Bienvenue ? Passeport Canada / Welcome to Passport Canada

Destination address in the U.S. (Not required for U.S. nationals, Legal Permanent Residents, or Alien Residents of the U.S. entering the U.S.)
ents, or Alien Residents of the U.S. entering the U.S.)
International/Caribbean/Mexico

All travellers, including children, must possess valid documentation as requeseted by the destination country.
Some countries require a visa as well
Please consult with your travel consultant to ensure that you have the proper documentation or contact the local Consulate/Embassy of the country you will be visiting. For a directory listing of Embassies and Consulates, click here
Skyservice will not accept passengers for flights into Canada without the appropriate documentation as required by Canadian Immigration. This advisory is to notify our customers to ensure they have the appropriate documentation. Any expenses related to obtaining this documentation while abroad will remain the sole responsibility of the passenger.

We conduct a documentation check prior to boarding to ensure you have the necessary documents. If you do not have the proper documentation you will be denied boarding.

Kim

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Wow Kim. I'm so excited 4 u. So you know that your visa's were issued today but ur online status hasn't changed. Wierd. Because our online status has changed and i don't know anything yet. LOL. Maybe i'll see if my MP will do an inquiry 4 me and find out what the time line looks like. My hubby took his passport to Sto Dgo on June 6 but hasn't heard anything yet. I've been fairly patient the whole time, but now that it's so close i'm becoming antsy. ha ha!!
Also, i work for Skyservice, and have never heard of any rules as far as people not being able to travel if it's their first time into the country. I think its a bunch of crap. Also, there was someone on this website that just brought her husband over on Sky, and another on Transat. So...... obviously it can be done. I'm yet to hear anything about good prices but i'll keep you posted. Where will your husband be flying from? And will he be coming into Toronto? We're hoping mine will be flying first week of August, he can't come any sooner then that due to prior commitments there. But if i find myself a good price i'll be sure to pass it on, since they may be coming within weeks of each other, it should be pretty easy.
Keep me posted.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Congrats to you both!!! My husband arrived on June 3rd in Toronto. I booked the flight here in Ontario. I faxed him the e-ticket and he flew Air Canada from Punta Cana. It was $1300. He presented his e-ticket and passport with visa attached and he was on the plane.

His visa was granted on May 13th. The decison on the website did not change until May 21st. On May 25th they contacted my husband to pick up his passport on May 29th.

Again. I have followed everyone over the past year and I am so pleased for you both. All the best!

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Thanks!!!
I can't believe it. I emailed Haiti this morning asking when my husband can pick up his passport, and they e-mailed me back within 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it. They said that his visa has been issued (yipee) and his passport is on it's way back to Santo Domingo. I'm soo happy!!! Even though his online status said "decision made", we thought it would probably be a yes, but we were still hesitant to get excited because we didn't know for sure. We thought that he would have had to go for an interview. But i can't believe he didn't!!! So if all goes well, getting him a flight looks like he'll be here the first week of August!!! Yeah!!! And i'm due August 21, so as long as i don't go into labour early he'll actually be here. Wow....i thought it would never happen!